ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Kasagi, Ayame
Medical Audio Log
Time in Med-Bay, 27 hours

[1] Thank you for coming Mr.....
[2] Liu.
[1] Mr. Liu. This young woman here is Ayame.
[2] Uh, h-hello, Ayame.
[3] Nǐ hǎo, xiānshēng. Wǒ de míngzì shì Kasagi Ayame.
[2] Oh, uh, Nǐ hǎo. Um, w-why did you call me? I'm an engineer, not a doctor.
[1] Yes, but your record shows you studied language and minored in Chinese Linguistics while in college.
[2] That's right. Why, you don't have any doctors that speak Chinese?
[1] Yes, but they all say they have a hard time communicating with her. For example, will you ask her how she is feeling?
[2] Uh, sure. (.....)
[3] (.....)
[2] She, uh....she says she's okay, but very confused, and scared. And I see the problem. Her dialect is...old, like she learned to talk hundreds of years ago. I wouldn't expect someone so young....how old is she, 12, 13?
[1] Um, according to her file, she's 30.
[2] What? No way. (.....)
[3] (.....)
[2] Wait, unless I'm misunderstanding, which is a possibility, she says she's seven.
[1] Yes, from what little we've been able to get out of her from other interpreters, she seems to be suffering from Regression, causing her mind to go back to a child-like state.
[2] Really? Is that treatable?
[1] We do believe she will recover with time, and we'll be counting on her friends to help her along, but the doctors will need a means to communicate with her so we can monitor her progress. We will therefore ask that you be of assistance.
[2] Sure, that's fine, as long as you only need me when I'm off-duty.
[1] I was hoping you'd say that, and we're already looking at your schedule. We do appreciate your help, as will Ayame, I'm sure, once she recovers.
[2] Sure, I'm just happy to put what I thought was a useless minor to...
[3] (.....)
[2] (.....)
[3] (.....)
[2] She wants to know where she is.
[1] Hm.....we can't tell her XCOM, because we don't want to confuse her if she thinks she is a child again.
[2] Isn't it bad to feed into the delusion, though.
[1] To an extent, yes, but she must be eased back into reality or else we can cause even more damage to her psyche. Just tell her she's in a hospital.
[2] (.....)
[3] (.....)
[2] She doesn't understand. (.....) I told her she's sick, and we're treating her.
[3] (.....)
[2] She says she wants her parents.
[1] Damn. Her file says they died when she was young, but isn't specific.
[3] (.....)
[2] She's asking for someone named Guì yīng.
[1] Uh.....tell her.....tell her we aren't sure where they are, but we're looking for them.
[2] (.....)
[3] (Panicky) (.....)
[2] (.....)
[3] (sobbing and crying)
[2] I told her we're trying our best, but she is really scared and doesn't understand what is going on.
[1] Well, unfortunately, that's all we can do for her right now. Thank you again for your time. We'll be in contact.
[2] Sure. And if I can make a suggestion, give her some candy. Candy always helped when I was a kid.

*End Recording*

Dahlexpert

Name Alex Alcatraz
Status still pissed
personal thoughts
You know I joined x-com to become a better person, to escape my past and the road I was going down, but back then I joined the army for that same reason to, and let me say this,x-com and the army I was in are the same they both care to much about politics ,know that's not a bad thing I mean all commanders should care about kipping the people that sign there pay checks happy,but I draw the line when commanders chose political jack a**es over civilians.

hold on let me enplane why I joined x-com, I joined because the military I joined they took there orders form money garbing, arr agent, pampas jack ***es, who all ways got what they want. know what happened to south america is the definition of political BULL SH*T!the couldn't hold out for a few more weeks.

(political snob voice) ou commander odd we need your help please come help us, what your gonna go to Russia and save them instead of us,FINE then were gonna take off our pants off and bend over to the aliens and let them have there way with us,ou we know were putting millions of people in danger but who cares you didn't help us when we told you to help us, ou and just because you didn't help us were gonna take all our resources to just because were a bunch bitches.

I swear to GOD! I know the planet is in trouble but we should not loss the planet because politics, I pray that the other countries are a lot more dedicated to our cause be cause if there not (sigh) then may god help us all.

PrismaCube

Name: Colin Weger
Current Rank: Rookie
Panic Level: 3
Journal Entery 2-3:

Date:
17th March 2015

So we got real lucky, my supperior got us all ready for the march to Russia to help them with the alien attack, but shortly after we got report of the XCOM team cleaning house, those guy's make me proud, I know I might someday be in there shoes, but I'm not sure if I can fullfill my responsibilties. Its not the same being a XCOM soldier compared to the normal soldier I'm now. Anyway things are still looking great here in Germany, Russia is also doing well now. But we got report from England and France coming in, they seem to be having trouble, so I quess soon we will be marching out to one of our neighbouring countries since we got everyting under control here in Germany. Can't wait to get some real action.

Date:
24th March 2015

I have noticed an increase in the nummber of UFO's flying around Germany, I hope there wont be an attack anytime soon.

Date:
1st April 2015

I know it's probably hard being a Commander and all, making hard decisions and all. I heard in the News that South America is pretty much doomed. My Supperiors acctually wanted to go help them, but we all got our own problems with those cursed aliens. Hopefully we can safe other countries from being lost. But I mean this isnt a normal war. A war like this is something new to the human race, since for once in our history we are fighting a war that is not against each other, but togther against an unknown enemy. We must expect the loses to be great, since we don't know what we are fighting against really, we don't know anything about there technology and such. I hope we will win this war.

Date:
10th April 2015

I knew it! I knew those aliens would try to attack Germany, they landed in Köln (Colongne), we were there when they landed, but we had it all under control, still though the XCOM team was also there and helped us out, they were somewhere on the other side of the city, I wanted to go to them and help out. But I didnt wanne screw up anything by interfering.

So now Germany probably has an Alien population of: 0
I find that great, thank's to the XCOM team my family and homeland is safe. Yet I worry for our neighbouring countries, they seem to be in real danger. We are on our way to France to help them out, yet I know the United Kingdoms also need's our help, to be honest I would rather be there since my French isnt the best. It seems like the entire world is just getting fucked. First South America and now Africa is in trouble, If we can keep everthing in control here in Europe, then we will be moving out to another country outside of Europe to help them. I'm starting to lose hope...

You know I used to watch the nightsky with my Girlfriend, we always talked about life out there and she was facinated by all those theroies, I coudnt disagree I liked thinging there is something out there. My Girlfirend was Christian which made it even weirder why she belived in aliens but I didnt mind everyone has there own believes. Its hard to thing that the very thing we loved talking about killed her, I will have my vengance one day...

Scruffy

Name: Sean Scruffson
Current Rank: Lieutenant
Mission Name: Operation Forgotten throne
Mission Objective: Neutralize all Hostile Targets
Kills this mission: 3
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 11
Promotion: Sergeant to Lieutenant
Ability Taken: Disabling shot

Journal Entry:

This morning was life threating. And no, the mission didn't start yet.

Dr. Valhen needed some time researching some new stun gun or something, so I had to take Locorojo for the day. I sat Locorojo in a chair in the Mess Hall and was going to find something that a baby would like and all of a sudden, I spot Loco in the corner with a butter knife in his hand... and him launching it in my direction. Luckily, my training kicked in and ducked immediately, but he starded growling like some sort of dog and started clawing at my feet like some sort of madman. I did the only thing I thought of doing, knocked him out. I took him to the medical bay for examination, just before the alarms went off.

For the entire OP, I was a zombie. All I really saw and heard were gunshots and the scope of my rifle. I didn't know whether I was going insane or not, but throughout the mission, the sectoids almost wanted to die when we were on the rooftops. Ariebeth did great this mission, almost never missing a shot. so did the rookie Megaman (whose real name I do not know) who blew up an alien. Then there was Witowski, whose performance was amazing as usual.

I never mentioned Loco's incident to anyone except for the Commander and Dr. Vahlen, who said she'll check it out later. I've heard rumors, however, that the Commander's mother is joining Xcom as a soldier. This kind of scares me, because the Commander may be a good guy, he has issues over the smallest things such as wrappers on a ship. The guy still is on a full investigation on the thing. I don't know if bringing his mother is simply a way to get on the inside to find out who it is, or to actually fight on the battlefield. I also don't get how the levels of command will work. Will his mom order him around or will he order his mother around? I have no idea what her purpose will be but I hope she is willing to help in the least.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Video Log :

(Anna is at the side of Ayame's bed in the Med-Bay)

Anna Stone : Hey Ayame... How're you?

Ayame Kasagi : (...)

Anna Stone : That's good... How have the doctors been treating you?

Anna Stone : Yeah, they're really nice aren't they?

(Anna Giggles a little and holds Ayame's hand)

Anna Stone : Everything will be alright, okay...I am here...

(Ayame Smiles)

(Anna gently touches Ayame's face)

Anna Stone : You have a little scratch on your face...How'd that happen?

Anna Stone : Really?

Anna Stone : Oh okay then...

(One of the doctors walks in)

Doctor : Miss Stone your time is up, you have to go now.

(Anna starts to tear up)

Anna Stone : I have to go now, okay?

(Ayame starts to tear up too)

Anna stone : Its okay...I won't be gone long... I'll come back in the morning alright?

Doctor : Miss Stone...

Anna Stone : Ok, I'll get going...

Anna Stone : Bye Ayame... I guess I will see you tomorrow...

*Anna grabs the camera and leaves the room and walks to her room*

Anna Stone : I am so sorry Ayame... Its all my fault...

*End of recording*

Meaningofbread

Audio Surveillance Recordings of Rick Warren and Aribeth Dusk, 04

Rick: It's been a fucking month... this has gone on long enough.

Dressed in a plain black tee and regulation pants he makes his way to Aribeth's quarters, hoping to cut her off as she returns from the gym.

Aribeth: Oh! Heyyyyy... (Oh no no no no no)

Rick: Got a minute? We need to talk.

Aribeth: Yeah! Sure! Anything the matter? (Oh god no no no no)

Rick: I wanted to say I'm sorry for being such an ass.

Aribeth: That? (Obviously flustered) Oh no! It's all right. Let bygones be bygones.
(Should I ask him if he would like too....NO! DON'T DO THAT!)

Rick: No, it isn't. It was stupid and selfish. I put my own fears and hangups ahead of what really mattered.

Aribeth: Well, thank you for apologizing. (Ok, I'm going to ask him out... Aren't guys supposed to do this?) ........ Hey Rick?...

Rick: No, I'm not finished.

He takes Aribeth by her shoulders and presses her against the wall, takes a quick glance at her lips before looking into her eyes and closes in for a kiss.

A warm smile and a kiss is returned.

Aribeth: (Well, that was easier than expected.)

Thank you Rick. For keeping me going in these hard times.

Smirking in triumph.

Rick: I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Aribeth smiles sheepishly.

Aribeth: Let's go for a walk, we need to discuss some things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick's lines where written by Gahlo, and Aribeth's lines were written by me.

james love

[message to commander]
3/21/15
[Record begin]
(clears throat)... commander Odd this message is to inform you that the council spied on potential commanders before you and when this base was infiltrated by alien forces or so i believe... This occurred only a week before the many attacks on capital cities and the death of three commanders being attacked... you were on record but not being tracked... I believe this saved your life... However this caused the death of Sean skruffsons family... he was also being tracked and the aliens attempted assassination on him in consideration of potential threat... do whatever you would with this information sir, goodbye sir.
(salutes)
[Recording end]

Gahlo

Audio Surveillance Recordings: Rick Warren and Aribeth Dusk, 04-Mic2

Aribeth: Ok, if we are going to get serious, we need to discuss some things.
Rick: (with a hint of reservation) Yeah, that make sense.
Aribeth: Let's begin with say... our history. I need to know a bit about you, besides your accent.
Rick: (chuckles) Do you want the life story or anything in specific?
Aribeth: Let's run with....your family. How did you grow up? What ideologies were you raised to respect?
Rick: I- wait, what?
Aribeth: Oh... have I crossed some sort of line? I think I may have. I'm just so curious about people and their back stories.
Rick: No, it's fine I think? I felt like I was taking pop SATs
Aribeth: I'm so sorry. If i get out of here, I may write a book or a novel about all the people I meet here. I just want to know more about you.
Rick: Uh, right... I was born in Ireland, lived there til around ten. Hence the accent. Moved to Detroit on account of my dad's job.
Aribeth: Did you ever have a strong family focus at home? I'm still closely tied to my parents.
Rick: Father kept pretty busy, so he wasn't around much. He's generally a distant man, but not because he didn't care. My mom raised me for the most part.
Aribeth: Wow... I can't imagine living with only one parent...O.K now a little about me, because after this, we need to discuss something incredibly serious. What would you like to know?
Rick: Uh, whatever you feel like telling I guess. I like to get to know people at life's pace. It's more interesting that way.
Aribeth: Ok... Hmmm... Well i won't go into too much detail then. Let's see... Well, I was raised by hippies from basically day one. Very "Save the Planet" and "Make love not war".
Rick: (with a grin) And here you are!
Aribeth: It's kind of odd. My parents were so "Grrr! Ban all weapons, stop all war!". I was so curious about why they were against it. I joined the police force soon after I turned 29.
Rick: It's human nature to piss off our parents, I guess.
Aribeth: Hah! Here I am. Right now, fighting aliens. I called my parents a little while ago, and they were a mix of proud and annoyed at the same time.
Rick: Well, at least you have the "save the planet" part down.
Aribeth: Well, enough about our past. If we are going to get serious, we need to talk about my inevitable death.
Rick: Wait, not yet.
Aribeth: No? What do you mean?
Rick: First, I need to give you a chance to back out now. (takes a deep breath) I was abducted.
Aribeth: (With a smirk on her face) And I'm David Bowie.
Rick: I'm not joking.
Aribeth: Wait, WHAT?
Slumps against the wall, his eyes dwelling on the floor for a bit
Rick: Yep.
Aribeth: Don't worry. I'm not mad. My main concern is that... well... is this a security breach for XCOM?
Rick: They shot down the UFO I was in when they were building this place. Had me in solitary for at least 3 months as far as I can tell.
Aribeth: Well, uh... any ill effects?
Rick: A decade of a life I never lived and malnutrition. Other than that, they weren't able to find anything. Oh yeah, I was a bit drunk too.
Aribeth: The whole time?
Rick: From everything I can understand, they abducted me that way. Guess they thought it was normal.
Aribeth: Wow... So did some rescue squad get you out of the ship?
Rick: Woke up to a shotgun.
Aribeth: Wow... that must have been brutal. Listen, I have to go. I have to go to the training fields. I'll think about our conversation in the meantime.
Rick: (grumbling) Fucking wonderful...
End of Recording.

-----------
OOC: Sorry for the length, lot of dialogue this time.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March Twenty-First, Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Been a surprising lack of X-Ray contacts the past few days, usually we get one at least every five to seven days. Granted, it has only been four days since the last mission, but it still is quite peculiar. Maybe they packed up and left? Nah, too much to hope for, I can probably expect another contact before the end of the month. The abductors probably hit space traffic. Maybe they made a wrong turn at Arcturus. Oh well, hopefully we’ll be back on track with our regularly scheduled doom soon enough.

And speaking of doom, the both of South America’s Council members are currently feeling it. They both have panic levels of five, and I thought the U.K. had it bad. I can’t imagine how those people feel there. Visited Brazil once, for the World Cup, it was a nice place, though the government could be better. Probably why they are so panicky at the moment. Weak governance and unchecked alien abductions is a recipe for disaster. Still gives them no excuse for not tossing us a few hundred space bucks every now and then. Ah, 'tis what we get for operating under a pull system rather than a push system, like any non-UN military force.

Not sure if I ever explained this for any spies, but the difference between UN Initiatives and any other Army, can be stated like this. Soldiers need food, so in a push system, the food is automatically sent out to all the troops. However, in a pull system, the CO has to requisition everything. Made for some unpleasant times when the Captain would forget to requisition toilet paper. It was usually followed by a company wide sock requisition. It seems that X-COM works under a hybrid of the two, with such basics supplies as food, guns, and socks being provided, while everything important, like say, more transportation, interceptors, both types of armour, satellites, and personnel, we have to get ourselves. It shows a remarkable level of stupidity on the part of the Council that they barely give us what we need to win this war, and then get mad at us when we fail to perform to their astronomical standards. Ah, politicians.

Anywho, gonna go make some rounds of the base, see if I run into anybody. Foulke, out.

Harley Sportster

Name: Momma Bear
Current Rank: Sergeant - Assault
Mission Name: Operation First Gaze
Mission Objective: - Sweep the abduction site and identify threat and neutralize all hostile targets
Kills this Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Promotion: N/A

Journal Entry:

After losing South America - Commander Odd had a lot of difficult decisions to make. After hemming and hawing he decided that we would head out to Cologne Germany. (Not sure if Commander Odd remembers this or not but his great-great Grandparents are from Germany).

Commander Odd also had to sell a shit load of stuff so that he could get a satellite uplink that we so badly needed. He said that Council is going to be pissed (can’t please everyone right). Decisions had to be made.

The Commander really sounded unsure if we would make it out alive or not so on the off chance that I would meet my demise on Operation First Gaze, I made a quick call to my younger son, Scotty. He is so worried about me but I reassured him that I was going out with a great team and would call him when I got back (God willing)…

I went and said goodbye to Scruffson before we left, nice guy that Scruffson – really admire him – he puts up a brave front even though he’s having a hard time right now. I’m glad Commander Odd let him sit out on this mission, as I really believe he can use some well deserved down time.

Off we went to Germany with Silva as our Sniper, Zhang as our heavy and two rookies Maru and Kessler. Holy moly what a ride that was! Once we landed we ended up at a gas station of all places. It worried me that Commander Odd sounded so unsure about this mission but I had faith that he would have all of our backs!

Commander asked that we stay focused and alert (no kidding) – we moved our way along in somewhat of a pack – sticking together (I felt like a momma bear with her cubs – I would try to protect my teammates whatever the cost)… Right around the corner – there they were – sectoids! Weird looking fellas that’s for sure! Silva and I hunkered and Zhang took a shot, while Maru and Kessler moved behind the cab of the semi. OMG Zhang took a shot to the face, but he kept on going - I never expected that! Maru took a flank shot and then Kessler was sent in to finish them up – wow what an aim that girl has! Thoroughly impressed!

Then it was my turn -using my run and gun ability I got into position and I got my first kill - blew that alien’s head right off!! Felt good (in an odd kind of way).

I moved up to the back of the truck, was good to have Maru join me and then Silva as well.

All of a sudden we had “Machines” whatever those things are – this is all so new to me! Silva fired off a headshot – blew him out of the water! Maru moved into heavy cover. Kessler went into the open and they retreated. I moved behind the car and then Kessler joined me (thank goodness – felt safer with her with me). Zhang took shot. Aliens kept retreating. I moved behind gas pump – I sure hope it doesn’t explode, that would be a hell of a way to go after all this! Out of the blue a “Flyer” flew through the air and landed right in the middle of us. Kessler took him out! We got more action – Zhang fired rocket and blew them into another universe! Mission was complete – whew! What an adrenaline rush that was!

Back on base two well deserved promotions for Kessler and Silva – Zhang was wounded and won’t be back in action for 7 days…. Perhaps I will send him an email to see how he is doing and see if he replies.

Momma Bear - out

P.S. I understand some of the concerns people have with me being the Commander’s mother, but I am not here in that capacity – I am a recruit like anyone else – who is trying to defend the earth against alien invasion.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Video Log, Med-Bay, Room of Ayame Kasagi

[1] (Joseph Andrews) Okay I'll try not to be long. (Sits down next to Ayame's bed) Hey, Ayame, feeling any better?
[2] (Ayame Kasagi) ..... (Keeps face down)
[1] Don't want to talk to me, huh? I don't blame you. You probably don't remember me.
[2] .....
[1] Well, ahem, what to talk about? I guess it can be anything, since you can't understand me.....Um, Aribeth has been hanging out with this guy named Rick. I don't know the details, but they seem to really enjoy each others company. I wish I could gets so close to some.....ahem, I, uh...I just hope she has time to come and visit you. I also let Foulke now you were here, since I've seen you talking before, though he doesn't seem the type to do hospital visits. Um.....that Zhang guy got injured. In fact, I thinks he's just down the hall. I'd ask him to translate for me, but he kinda creeps me out. I'm sure he's just kidding about eating the aliens but.....I.....well, actually, I'm not so sure about that. And Momma Bear proved she's a true soldier, not just the Commander's Mom.
[2] (Mumbles something under her breath)
[1] Hm? .....oh, we discovered a new alien type! It's really weird, like some kinda freaky cyborg, with the top half of an alien body, but instead of the bottom half, its, like, a jet pack. They didn't do much this time, but I can see them being trouble later on.
[2] .....
[1] We're calling them floaters, which I feeling is kinda over-simplified. Why not give them a cooler name? What, are we afraid if it differs from what the aliens call them, we'll hurt their feelings (nervous laughter).
[2] ......
[1] (Laughter quickly dies) Look, Ayame, I'm sorry all of this happened to you (Reaches to place a hand on her shoulder) If there was anything more I could do.....
[2] (Ayame slaps his hand away and yells something, then resumes staring at her lap)
[1] (sigh) Man, this is harder then I thought it would be. How does Anna do it? What do you call her, Guì yīng?
[2] (Ayame suddenly lifts her head and smiles) Guì yīng? (.....Guì yīng.....)
[1] Right, who, uh, who is Guì yīng anyway, an old friend? Family?
[2] (Guì yīng ................................................. Guì yīng ................................................................................. Guì yīng.....)
[1] (Nervous Smile) Uh.......r-right, all I got out of that was the Guì yīng parts.
[2] (Ayame smiles brightly and giggles. Then she looks at something by Joseph's side curiously) (.....?)
[1] What? Oh, these? ( Lifts a bushel of paper flowers) I, uh, I learned to make these when me sister was sick, and she liked them, and you think you're the same age that she was at the time, so I figured...
[2] (Ayame excitedly takes origami and smiles) Xièxiè!
[1] Yeah, sure, um b-bié kèqì. Well, that'sthe extent of my Chinese.
(Doctor knocks on door)
[2] I'm coming. Sorry Ayame, times up. I'll visit again soon. (Stands up)
[1] (Disappointed look on Ayame's face)
[2] Don't worry. Maybe next time you can talk some more, and I'll try not to let you know how clueless I am. Um.....bye.
(Joseph leaves, and Ayame sits in silence, staring at origami flowers, a single tear rolling down her cheek)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Update on the condition of Ayame Kasagi

Patient shows small signs of improvement. She has become a bit more responsive, but only to degree. Ms. Kasagi is surprisingly timid considering how open and friendly she has reported as being by her colleagues, leading me to believe she had a sheltered life as a child with very little non-family contact. We are grateful to have an interpreter that can, for the most part, communicate with her, but the demands of his position means he can only help us infrequently. The only time Ms. Kasagi seems to be truly open is when her friends show up, and she closes up again when they leave. She constantly requests her mother and father, and she is confused as to why Ms. Stone, whom she believes to be her sister, will not tell her where they are. She doesn't understand where she is or why she is here, and I am running out of excuses to give her. I do not think it wise to tell her the truth at this time, as the shock may be too much for her shattered psyche to handle, but I may have no choice if her improvement does not pick up soon.

I am at a loss. Our facilities are not equipped for something like this, and we are no closer to understanding what happened to put her in this state. Whats more, the patient seems delusional as to not only what year it is, but what century it is. It hurts to see the tears on her face and to know there is little I can do but rely on the help of her fellow soldiers, individuals with little to no medical training who have bigger things to worry about. She has another MRI scheduled in fifteen minutes, and every time she has such a test, she is terrified, as though we are feeding her to a horrible, mechanical monster. It must be done, though, if she is to recover.

*End Log*

Dahlexpert

Name:Alex Alcatraz

(sigh) audio journal number, i don't even know any more ok so not much has been going on in x-com,well not since the last mission any way, iv been so board lately that I started to think and you know I feel sorry for what i dead to Anna a few weeks ago and what i dead to her a few years ago to, and I want to apologize but it's kinda hard to apologize to some one who thinks your scum,and I don't think it will matter any way.

(sigh) but off topic I went to research division to day, saw that new alien I think there calling i a floater, this thing looks like something that crawled out of a mad scientist lab, but the jet pack on this thing could be beneficial later down the road, so I decided to run some test i think me and this corpse are gonna spend a lot of time together.

Name: Tyler Prohaska
Journal Type: Pen and Paper

After watching the last mission I slept like a rock for hours and hours it seemed like. I woke up and watched the mission again and went to see the Doctor that Joseph had recommended to me. The session seemed to go alright but the doc seemed to be very drawn to my time spent with my dead mother. Doc really spent alot of time on what I was feeling and seemed a bit taken aback by me replying nothing. We went back and forth through a good amount of scenarios to which my replies seemed to bother the doc. When the session ended I didn't feel much better but I suppose that will come with time.

I talked to Joseph today for the first time since forever it seemed. He filled me in on what was going on with him and Ayame, her condition and on what the three musketeers(Ayame, anna, and him) had been up to. Seems like there might be more to all of them then I thought at first but after listening to him I told him to be careful. Reminding him that in war we all have a large chance to die in the blink of an eye despite how hard we all train. I also mentioned that he should make a plan in case he did die so that his sister wouldn't be left alone which pissed him off a bit but after a time he relaxed. We parted with him going off to check on some other friends and me going to the firing range to continue to practice. In some ways I wonder what the Doc will say about me but in others I think that I have no control of that. As I fired I thought back on the pin point shots that I had seen the squad make. We did lose South America but in the end the Commander cannot be in eight places at once. But who knows what might happen in the end of this whole ordeal we might all die and there might be something great waiting for us as well.

In the end i really don't know but I guess all I can do is keep trying to learn....about me....about war and about how to interact with the other characters on this base some of whom I have not even met. Guess it is time to drop the pen and go out to see what else is going on here.

Scruffy

Name: Sean Scruffson
Rank Lieutenant

Journal Entry:

Finally a day to relax. Commander Odd sent the new sniper Silva. I was happy for him. The kid did spectacular on his first mission so I wouldn't be too worried about the rest of the squad. They brought out two rookies, Kessler and Maru, Momma Bear the Assault, Silva of course as a sniper, and Zhang, the V.I.P from our special council mission a few weeks back. That made Silva the only soldier on the squad with experience on an official Xcom mission.

Back at the base, the Commander was making HUGE budget cuts to afford some more satellites to keep the world safe. Dr. Vahlen has since been pissed at him. The good news is that no one died last mission, although Zhang go hit, but I'm sure he will be back normal. The doctors in the med bay have "magic hands" both in surgery and gambling (cheaters). Also, the engineers have completed the construction of the Officer Training School and I hope the Commander or Central Officer Bradford opens it. I would like to teach and get to know the current rookies and the new recruits.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews
Written Log
I had a serious talk with Tyler a while ago. I'm actually glad to talk to him at all, considering how little I've seen of him recently. It may have much to do with the way he refers to Ayame, Anna, and myself as a sort of "Three Musketeer" group, and he might fell like he is intruding. This is completely false, of course, and I would love to spend more time with him, gladly welcoming him as our group's d'Artagnan, though considering how much stock I put into his advise, he'd probably make a better Athos (wait, does that make Anna and Ayame Aramis and Parthos respectively.....probably putting too much thought into it).
Speaking of advise, Tyler suggested I take into consideration what would happen to Jessica if I should die in battle, an important thing to consider, things being as they are. I got really angry at this, and I'm not sure why. I suppose the thought of me failing Jessica in such a way left me so scared that it came out as anger, but he was completely right. After all, we've already lost a man, Aribeth was injured, Anna had that disturbing encounter with a possible infiltrator, and now Ayame's mind has been shattered by some unknown force. I have to do something, but what? Jessica's caregivers only agreed to watch her on a temporary basis, and even if they didn't, there is no way I'd want to leave her with that little monster they call a son. She hasn't said anything lately, but I can tell by the look on her face and the way she seems to constantly stutter now that he hasn't let up. But where else can she go? We have no other family.
Maybe the Commander can help me with this one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Family Matters
To Project X-COM Commander Odd,
If you are reading this message, I would first like to thank you kindly for giving the time of day to a lowly trainee like myself.
I write to you now because recent events have put me in serious doubt to my chance of survival in this war against our extraterrestrial foes. I realized this was a possibility from the beginning, and would gladly give my life in the defense of our world, but I fear my earnest in joining X-COM resulted in me overlooking something very important. A quick look at my file will show that the only family I have left in this world is my nine year old sister, Jessica Andrews. She currently resides in a temporary foster home with a couple living in Chicago, Illinois, where she is very unhappy for numerous reasons I will not bother you with. I was planning on becoming her official legal guardian as soon as the war was over.
I am sad to admit that, in my eagerness to find a way to defend Jessica, I did not take into account what would happen to her should I not make to the end of the war. As I said, we have no other family, and her numerous health issues make the likelihood of her being permanently adopted very unlikely. However, as I understand it, the X-COM Base does have some sort of a child care service in place, as I know that at least one of the front line soldiers has a young son that resides here. I realize that my application to X-COM said I had no dependents, but I now humbly request that my sister be allowed into X-COM's Child Care System as soon as possible. I will do anything, absolutely anything, should this request be approved, whether it be X-COM's personal Forlorn Hope, or X-COM's personal test subject.
If this is not an option, then as a last request, I would instead ask that she at least be transferred here should I fall in combat, as she would have no where else to go at that point.
I eagerly await your response.
Sincerely,
Joseph Christopher Patrick Andrews
XCOM Trainee

jimark

Those luckky shits who just swger off the planee like they own the base, place thing. I just watch the vids of them wandring through drsroyd areas, killing stuff with ma rocket launchers. Drunk? I'm not drunks. See this bottle? 2012- Vintage almost, unopennd. What? those bottles over thar? Theyre... Theyre not mine... a friends. What do you mean I hvae no frends? Oh I suppose you're right. Leeve m alone you... you *hiccup* desaparecer hijo de una cosa. *gentle sobbing*

james love

(recording of xcom agent)
No... mam i have no comment on our recent mission... could you please ask someone else im reviewing some files... wuh... no you may not view them... thats it... goodbye... (door closes and locks)
(end of recording)

Names: James .C. Love
3/22/15

[Begin recording]
...I hate the pres...wait...(checks video recording around base without audio to save time)...huh...these "pres" seem...strange as in there are no records of them... I think blood test should see if we aren't being intruded by these "Thin men" or a variant of this creature...hmm...(strange scratching noise)...well shit...(grabs hand gun while grabbing recorder and hiding it)
[End recording]

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Video Recording, Room of Ayame Kasagi, X-COM med-bay

(Ayame Kasagi sits quietly in her bed, staring at origami flowers sitting next to her. Anna Stone walks into room, greeting Ayame. Ayame looks up and smiles briefly, but her smile quickly fades and she looks down at her lap.)

Anna: W-what's wrong, Ayame?
Ayame: .....
Anna: Are you okay? Talk to me.
Ayame: (Quietly) 我......我想看到媽媽和爸爸
Anna: (smiles) That's better. How are you feeling today?
Ayame: 我不明白你為什麼不回答我,桂英
Anna: Uh huh.
Ayame: .....你真的是我的妹妹嗎? (Ayame looks at Anna questioningly)
Anna: I, um, I'm not.....
Ayame: (Frowning) 這裡發生了什麼事?
Anna: Ayame, I'm sorry I can't...

[Anna reaches for Ayame's hand, but Ayame quickly jerks her hand away]

Ayame: (Worry in her voice) 我希望你能告訴我,我在這裡做什麼
Anna: I, um...
Ayame: 這是什麼奇怪的地方嗎?什麼是發生在我身上?(voice starting to panic)
Anna: Ayame, I'm not....
Ayame: 我想我的媽媽和爸爸!你為什麼不告訴我,他們在哪裡,桂英?我要離開!你為什麼讓我在這裡!?!

(Ayame's voice quickly starts to get louder and louder until she is shouting. Tears start welling in her eyes as she rapidly talks to Anna, who is unable to respond. As Anna's face shows more and more concern and confusion, Ayame's voice becomes more panicky, and she starts crying profusely])

Anna: I-I'm sorry, Ayame, I'm trying to understand, but.....
Doctor: Is everything okay? Whats going on in here?
Anna: I don't know! She started freaking out, and I can't understand what she's saying!
Ayame: 你為什麼這樣做給我嗎?!
Doctor: Ayame, please, calm...
Ayame: [screaming] 讓我離開這裡!!!
Doctor: I'm sorry, Ms. Stone, you're going to have to leave.
Anna: But I can't...
Doctor: Please, Ms. Stone, we won't be able to figure out whats wrong until the interpreter gets here, and in the meantime, we can't have anyone here while she's panicking like this.
Anna: B-but I...
Doctor: You need to leave!

[Anna reluctantly leaves while Ayame continues to yell at the doctor for several more minutes, until falling silent and wrapping her arms around legs, at which point she refuses to talk to or even look at anyone]

Status
Not open for further replies.