X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Could people please keep their signatures under 200px tall? Even when I'm not on my netbook or phone looking at these pages, the signatures still take up a large portion of the screen. It's a simple request and I'd be very happy to see this happen.
Seconded. Thanks Grelite.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Hay every body here is some more information on X-COM enemy with in,manly exalt. So we no we can Attack exalt by doing these covert missions now, doing these missions 3 times we will have a guess at were there base is,now to Christopher Odd do NOT attack the base on the first guess.Because if your wrong and the exalt base is not in that country,that country will instantly leave the counsole. so to the commander, and every one that will buy the game. do not attack/raid exalt base on the first guess.

Great Advice!

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Update -

Hey everyone, I'm working on some ideas for Enemy Within. I love the journals, and I'm overwhelmed at how active you guys still are. As you can probably tell, I don't have the time that I would like to dive into the journals in detail. I'm trying to come up with some creative ways that I can incorporate more of your RP stuff into the videos.

I'm also thinking of asking people to post either a "cliff notes" version of their entry on the actual video comment section. Perhaps it's the first 4-5 lines, etc etc. I'm just brainstorming.

Remember, videos will be coming out daily for Enemy Within, so I'm open to all of your ideas about how to handle this.

Zain Shah

I think that Enemy Within is practically role-play heaven so it will be hard to compress that, it will likely be the case that journals will get longer so I think that you do the same thing you did for the Bureau; just take some soldier names and focus on the role-play in season 5.

Dahlexpert

More X-COM goodness. This shows the mecs in action both human and alien, and this also shows that meld canisters can be destroyed.

Meaningofbread

Woo! Just got enemy within! Let's hope its as good as the hype >.> . On another note I'm going to have to reduce my journal entries from few to almost none, because work keeps piling up. I can do any co-op, but its going to have to be on the weekends.

Frostlich1228

Hey Chris, My character Anna Stone was just added to the roster of soldiers, and I would like to know
what Class she actually is for my RP journals, you haven't shown us in the videos yet and I'd really like to know. :)

Meaningofbread

Hey Chris, My character Anna Stone was just added to the roster of soldiers, and I would like to know
what Class she actually is for my RP journals, you haven't shown us in the videos yet and I'd really like to know. :)

Yeah, you've been inducted for a couple weeks now and I still have no idea what your class is >.>

Grelite

I am fairly certain Anna Stone is a support and Ayame is an assault. It was shown in last week's video, though without your names being edited in yet.

Dahlexpert

BASE DEFENSE IS BACK BABY.But it's not going to be exalt, no the aliens will find our base and try to take us down. God I can't wait for this game.

I'm speechless of how much roleplay fun we get! Your character gets to speak theyr native language? Thats even better! Man I so am keeping a Russian character in enemy within. Who it shall be, you shall see.

But Chris you are not going to force anyone to get meched/genemoded right? I mean from the RP standpoint it would be lovely to be asked first, I mean atleast I would feel uncomfortable if my character would be chopped up from its limbs without even getting asked my opinion about it.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Your welcome Prisma cube. And I hope i'm getting every excited even more for X-COM enemy with in,well more then they all ready are and I hope that all the videos that I have brought from YouTube,is making every one think of taticks for there own war with the aliens.

Dahlexpert

Also to Christopher odd can you please build a shiv unit. Now hear me out on this yes the shiv takes one of the solders spot but if you plane to promote a lot more people,you should bring a shiv on most missions because the shiv is a bullet sponge and the aliens will target that insted of your low level rookie and you don't have to put a rookie in a none winnable situation like you did to me.And if you plan to build mechs in enemy with in the shiv will be good practice.

Zain Shah

I'm speechless of how much roleplay fun we get! Your character gets to speak theyr native language? Thats even better! Man I so am keeping a Russian character in enemy within. Who it shall be, you shall see.

But Chris you are not going to force anyone to get meched/genemoded right? I mean from the RP standpoint it would be lovely to be asked first, I mean atleast I would feel uncomfortable if my character would be chopped up from its limbs without even getting asked my opinion about it.

I'm guessing he'll probably change the oath to give him the ability to turn us into mechs and gene modded soldiers.

I'm guessing he'll probably change the oath to give him the ability to turn us into mechs and gene modded soldiers.

I dunno, I mean if that happens I personally atleast would be... lesserly motivated to join. I mean that could wreck the entire roleplaying aspect. Because taking the augmentation for becoming a mech soldier is giving up all of your limbs to turn yourself into a living weapon, with the only purpose to serve and kill.... Thats not a light thing for anyone. I mean imagine it for yourself, you, a regular soldier get forced to an operation that will remove all of your limbs and replace them with less than useful mechanical limbs while outside of combat, and into a giant mech in battle. You literally get forced to be turned into a weapon. How would you feel about that? Some of the genetic mods I wouldn't exacly personally mind like the bone genemodding which increases your regeneration(?) or the one that allows you to jump higher. Most of the genemods don't change you exacly too much, I mean I would probably be fine with most of the genemods.

Status
Not open for further replies.