X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxor_the_First

He'd have to weigh up whether it would be putting too much pressure on the writers. As already discussed, sometimes events happen, wild Pokemon are encountered, Abductions marked on the Hologlobe, or, as I heard it rather politely described today, "Excreta Occurs."

Just a little side note, if I start getting in the way by posting here, just give me a heads up. Don't want to intrude upon the creative process.;)

S

Sarge-Pepper

Yeah, I'm sure that he will up it soon. We just gotta be patient. I've been a part of forum Rp's before, and I can attest to how quickly people can get turned off when having to read a gigantic wall of text made by overzealous power posters, an it kind of kills the vibe.

If it ends up being too much of a hinderance, Mr. Odd seems in tune with that kinda of thing and will change it.

Patience, my friends. Enjoy the ass kicking and use this time to plan horrible things to do to your characters in joint posts.

Brian

Hey, anyone want to work together for a journal? Like maybe a soldier tries to enter the labs, but then Jym stops him or something like that.

MathNerdMatt

I would like to remind journal writers that the definition of the word casualty is a person killed or WOUNDED in battle. So in this episode there were 4 casualties not 0.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Is anyone interested in a list of prompts to help the ol' creative juices start to flow? I used to run a subreddit devoted to that and I could post a list of things that immediately jump out at me as possible entries, both as the soldiers and as personnel on base. :> If there is enough interest, I can post up something after every video to help people.

Frozen Messiah

Is anyone interested in a list of prompts to help the ol' creative juices start to flow? I used to run a subreddit devoted to that and I could post a list of things that immediately jump out at me as possible entries, both as the soldiers and as personnel on base. :> If there is enough interest, I can post up something after every video to help people.

I personally like the Risk of Rain soundtrack when it comes to writing these journals. They have this otherworldly sound that I think works well with the general feeling of the XCOM world. But that is just something that helps me out

So I'm having fun reading all of these along with the missions. I like how some avoid the mission partly to talk about other things while other speak almost as if its a report. I also can't help and chuckle since some of them even give off the impression of awkwardness that I think any real person would have if they video taped or voice recorded themselves for the first time.

Thenlar

If anyone in the infirmary would like to hold a short conversation, let me know! Ryan has a gift that should help pass the time stuck in bed.

Dragonivon

I would like to remind journal writers that the definition of the word casualty is a person killed or WOUNDED in battle. So in this episode there were 4 casualties not 0.

While you are technically correct, it's a bit more difficult to classify a soldier as a casualty if you know their recovery is assured. Granted, wounded will be unavailable for a time but unless they are completely dead, they will return to active service eventually. But you do make a fair point, it may also hinge a bit on how the individual defines a casualty as opposed to the strict definition.

Hokucho

I personally didn't know there was a posting limit to how many characters we can post per post. I feel like a journal hog now.

too_spooked

Basically, you can make one journal entry per video. It can fill one entire post.

But hopefully that will increase as characters start dying and tension rises (i.e. Assaulting the alien base, temple ship etc.)

EDIT: Hokucho, unfortunately you can only use one post per journal, I encountered the same problem on my first entry. Try to cut down what is in your second post and make space to put it in your first.

Status
Not open for further replies.