OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well, when I get home, I plan to make my Saiyan character inspired by Morrigan. And I have the means of recording myself built into my PS4! Hurray! Maybe this time I can actually do those character fights I promised in the first game. Already have an idea who I want to make (once I beat the game and unlock the ability to make more characters). Mentioned some before. Yakone the Majin. Samuel of the Frieza race. Marx the Namekian. Had a request for two characters from a separate RP for male Saiyan and female human. Maybe Red Hawk as a human male. Luke as a male Majin...

Damn, I hope it isn't as hard to level additional characters in this game as it was in the first one.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Got a collab for you guys. Been awhile since Frost and I got to do something together. Hope you guys enjoy. Have another one with Marine as well. So look forward to that very soon as well.

DarkGemini24601

Bulk of the newest mission is completed. Tomorrow, the prelude and interlude related to it will be written so that the rest might go up. Stay tuned!

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I like it

<3
Thank you. I guess you're the only who does.:(

The joke of her last name was a combination of "O'Brien" and "Daikon", which is a Japanese winter radish because... you know, she's a saiyan and... saiyans are all named after vegetables.

Not that anyone... seems to care...

latest

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I've been doing a bit of thinking over the last couple of days, and I have found I am dissatisfied with my characters' place in this story, particularly my soldiers, Morrigan, Alexis, and Ayame. In my pursuit to be realistic and to be fair to my fellow RPers so I don't rise my characters above theirs, I have made my characters seem weak. They are novice fighters, get lucky with too many kills, and are all supports, setting up to make other characters look good.

And because of this, they are all forgettable in terms of participation in the battlefield. When this is over, for everyone else, everyone will say "Remember the time she crushed that big thing with her power", or "Remember when he took out all those aliens by himself", or "Remember that awesome one on one fight he had with the moves and the one liners and the moral speeches?".

For mine? The only thing that comes off the top of my head is Ayame losing an arm. Can't really think of any badass moments for Alex or Morrigan. As it stands, I have three characters who are all bottom tier. There are one or two NPC characters that have done more and acted more OP then my main characters.

So that changes now. I'm not going to be left in the dust for the sake of not giving other a chance at the spot light, because everyone else gets their moments to shine, and it is leaving me dissatisfied. When I have time, I'll write a solo exemplifying this, but from now on, Alexis is going to act like a woman who has been preparing to be a soldier all her life and a psion who trains constantly to improve her powers (which she is), Morrigan is going to act like a woman who graduated from military school, was trained in combat and firearms by her ADVENT husband, and has been training with anyone who would teach her (which she has), and Ayame is going to act like a super strong, super quick, super perceptive supernatural being with earth magic and the ability to suck out your life force through contact (which she is). This will be the start of Zombie's characters' badassitude.

Dahlexpert

I've been doing a bit of thinking over the last couple of days, and I have found I am dissatisfied with my characters' place in this story, particularly my soldiers, Morrigan, Alexis, and Ayame. In my pursuit to be realistic and to be fair to my fellow RPers so I don't rise my characters above theirs, I have made my characters seem weak. They are novice fighters, get lucky with too many kills, and are all supports, setting up to make other characters look good.

And because of this, they are all forgettable in terms of participation in the battlefield. When this is over, for everyone else, everyone will say "Remember the time she crushed that big thing with her power", or "Remember when he took out all those aliens by himself", or "Remember that awesome one on one fight he had with the moves and the one liners and the moral speeches?".

For mine? The only thing that comes off the top of my head is Ayame losing an arm. Can't really think of any badass moments for Alex or Morrigan. As it stands, I have three characters who are all bottom tier. There are one or two NPC characters that have done more and acted more OP then my main characters.

So that changes now. I'm not going to be left in the dust for the sake of not giving other a chance at the spot light, because everyone else gets their moments to shine, and it is leaving me dissatisfied. When I have time, I'll write a solo exemplifying this, but from now on, Alexis is going to act like a woman who has been preparing to be a soldier all her life and a psion who trains constantly to improve her powers (which she is), Morrigan is going to act like a woman who graduated from military school, was trained in combat and firearms by her ADVENT husband, and has been training with anyone who would teach her (which she has), and Ayame is going to act like a super strong, super quick, super perceptive supernatural being with earth magic and the ability to suck out your life force through contact (which she is). This will be the start of Zombie's characters' badassitude.
Great to hear that, and I'm sure Luke would love to train with Alexis to make her stronger.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Damn straight!

My characters over the seasons have had a few badass moments, even back in chris' rp by surviving as a rookie in a warship.

Not Marx though... Now yet... All of part 1 he's been building up and training and training with everything... I promise, even if my power supply blows a third time... I Will work on missions on my brother's computer if I have to.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Damn straight!

My characters over the seasons have had a few badass moments, even back in chris' rp by surviving as a rookie in a warship.

Not Marx though... Now yet... All of part 1 he's been building up and training and training with everything... I promise, even if my power supply blows a third time... I Will work on missions on my brother's computer if I have to.
I can imagine this badass scene in my head where Marx has to face off against half a dozen ADVENT soldiers in hand to hand, and he beats the crap out of them despite being outnumbered because he doesn't feel their punches and kicks. And when he's done, he's so worn out and thrashed, he can't even move.

Taxor_the_First

*obligatory friendly reminder not to go too overboard*

That said, I wouldn't be averse to certain characters having some moments. I'm not without my own plans either...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
*obligatory friendly reminder not to go too overboard*

That said, I wouldn't be averse to certain characters having some moments. I'm not without my own plans either...
Don't worry, I won't go overboard. I just want to make sure my characters are remembered as the skilled soldiers they are.

DarkGemini24601

At last.