X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I regret quoting myself, but incase anymore missed this, this is the current general question. I'm writing something of a prologue for XCOM2: Liberation of Terra and to do it I'd like to know if there are any characters that aren't reserved for 2039.

(This is an alternate universe created from distortions from Buniq coming from the past in the main timeline, the distortions centered around 2019-2039. People can be born at different times, so some characters from Season 1 can be reused in 2039, or if you don't want them reused they can die in 2018 when XCOM is defeated a la failed base defense.)
You know my answer of course.

Frostlich1228

I already spoke to you about bringing a character from season 2+3 into this X-Com, which I think would be cool, but I would like one of the Thomas sister's to make at least an appearance.

DarkGemini24601

I already spoke to you about bringing a character from season 2+3 into this X-Com, which I think would be cool, but I would like one of the Thomas sister's to make at least an appearance.
For 2018 or 2039? To clarify, if you want someone in the original XCOM, unless they survive with our new Commander they're gonna die in the prologue.

If 2039 you can have them born earlier (so they're in their twenties or something by 2039) or just have gone into hiding. I'll explain how XCOM2 recruits people when I've had more time to iron it out.

Frostlich1228

For 2018, but not one of the X-com ones. *hint hint*

So no Mary or Ammy. In fact, none of my characters would have been a part of the old X-com.

DarkGemini24601

Also, to some extent the supernatural does exist in this alternate universe we'll call Earth 2 for consistency. I will evaluate it on a case-by-case basis, but if you want your character to say, have fantasy element to them, I will consider it.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Also, to some extent the supernatural does exist in this alternate universe we'll call Earth 2 for consistency. I will evaluate it on a case-by-case basis, but if you want your character to say, have fantasy element to them, I will consider it.
But check it with Gem first! Ask Gem, then put it in. Don't put it in, then hope Gem is okay with it. It'll save everyone grief.

...sorry if I overstepped my bounds, Gem. Just... trying to stop the problems before the pop up.

DarkGemini24601

But check it with Gem first! Ask Gem, then put it in. Don't put it in, then hope Gem is okay with it. It'll save everyone grief.

...sorry if I overstepped my bounds, Gem. Just... trying to stop the problems before the pop up.
Nah, thank you for stating that strongly. It is a iffy thing, I don't want someone to spring "Modya Dragomirov is actually the son of the greek god Zeus" on me.

Adrammalech

You can just leave my people out of it for now, I can't plan like two weeks ahead of me much less what I want to do and for how long in six months.

DarkGemini24601

You can just leave my people out of it for now, I can't plan like two weeks ahead of me much less what I want to do and for how long in six months.
To each there own, I'm not showing all 100 XCOM soldiers so things can always be worked in later. I'm glad that some people are enjoying thinking about all of this with me though, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Adrammalech

To each there own, I'm not showing all 100 XCOM soldiers so things can always be worked in later. I'm glad that some people are enjoying thinking about all of this with me though, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I don't dislike the idea, I'm just pressed for time lately.

DarkGemini24601

If I ever find the time by the time a XCOM 2 RP comes out I would also love to play as an Advent
If you have the time when that comes around, of course. :p I want to be able to count on anyone that joins the third (and possibly final since by that point I'll be getting closer to senior year/college) roleplay to be able to be active.

Dahlexpert

If were going to do an XCOM 2 RP, I want Eva blood to be used for the new berzerkers. And I would hate to say this but, the Van dam family wiped out.

DarkGemini24601

In all reality, Eva wouldn't be a super soldier, Exalts won't exist in the XCOM2 alt timeline.
Oh, yeah. That is an important point. By 2018 there were no more Exalts. Their influence on history is still there, but I didn't want to mess with EXALT in this timeline. ADVENT would have absorbed them or done the same thing to EXALT that they did to XCOM. (All and all it would have been an extraneous story element.)

DarkGemini24601

Which means Eva might have died in the middle east unless in this timeline she didn't have her heart stopped there. But simply put EXALT wouldn't be able to last any more than XCOM did, the aliens would have taken them down too. At most they'd have been one of the minor resistance groups, but I didn't want to work in all of Lusett, Eve, Viktor, Desmond (as a clone), possibly Elene and the handmaidens, the EXALT elite soldiers, modified Eva, etc. Too much extra stuff for a story that's supposed to be focused on liberating Earth from the Ayys.