X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Oh, yeah. That is an important point. By 2018 there were no more Exalts. Their influence on history is still there, but I didn't want to mess with EXALT in this timeline. ADVENT would have absorbed them or done the same thing to EXALT that they did to XCOM. (All and all it would have been an extraneous story element.)
And this Will be a,new storyline to make your characters something they weren't really before. Try to be creative if you use old characters, not just rehash old ideas again cause that just isn't fun.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Which means Eva might have died in the middle east unless in this timeline she didn't have her heart stopped there. But simply put EXALT wouldn't be able to last any more than XCOM did, the aliens would have taken them down too. At most they'd have been one of the minor resistance groups, but I didn't want to work in all of Lusett, Eve, Viktor, Desmond (as a clone), possibly Elene and the handmaidens, the EXALT elite soldiers, modified Eva, etc. Too much extra stuff for a story that's supposed to be focused on liberating Earth from the Ayys.
And a great example of what I said, in the new storyline, Desmond ain't a clone, he never lost his arm, was more social in the beginning than he was in SoD. Stuff like this makes for an interesting look into what could have been.

DarkGemini24601

Well I woudn't say that, after all we lost. Who said XCOM managed to defeat Exalt ^^
You're not familiar with it obviously, but the reason this timeline exists goes back to an event in Story of Defiance. Originally, the aliens bombarded our base and wiped most of us out, but some survived and managed to send a message back in time to change the future and allow us to win the war. This however created a splinter timeline, where certain things are different, especially closer to 2019-2039, the central point of contention. What this means is that in this alternate timeline EXALT as an organization was never created, and Lusett was either never born or did something else with her life. The point is if EXALT did exist ADVENT would have taken them over or beaten them in XCOM's stead. :p

PrismaCube

You're not familiar with it obviously, but the reason this timeline exists goes back to an event in Story of Defiance. Originally, the aliens bombarded our base and wiped most of us out, but some survived and managed to send a message back in time to change the future and allow us to win the war. This however created a splinter timeline, where certain things are different, especially closer to 2019-2039, the central point of contention. What this means is that in this alternate timeline EXALT as an organization was never created, and Lusett was either never born or did something else with her life. The point is if EXALT did exist ADVENT would have taken them over or beaten them in XCOM's stead. :p

Dafuq is this shit?! Some Back to the future level stuff xD
So there are two timelines now?

DarkGemini24601

Dafuq is this shit?! Some Back to the future level stuff xD
So there are two timelines now?
Story of Defiance and Vanguard of Forseti are the canon, main, primary, whateveryouwanttocall it timeline.

Our XCOM2 RP would take place in a secondary/alternate/splinter timeline. So all the characters (or versions thereof) of the characters we know and love from season 1 and 2 fought their own battles and concluded their struggles, whereas Season 3 may have a couple of alternate versions of characters but they are indeed different people.

PrismaCube

Story of Defiance and Vanguard of Forseti are the canon, main, primary, whateveryouwanttocall it timeline.

Our XCOM2 RP would take place in a secondary/alternate/splinter timeline. So all the characters (or versions thereof) of the characters we know and love from season 1 and 2 fought their own battles and concluded their struggles, whereas Season 3 may have a couple of alternate versions of characters but they are indeed different people.

Ah alright I get it. Ty

DarkGemini24601

Weird question of the day, does anyone want to play the Chief of Maintenance aboard the Avenger?

(I'd ask if anyone wants to play the pilot but this seems to imply that we won't exactly... have one. Minor XCOM2 beginning spoilers?)

PrismaCube

aBr290A_700b.jpg

Frostlich1228

Man, no one gets my jokes...

It's Sasha/Mikhail's birthday... slash the university of the start of the Ethereal Subjucation War...

Why the fuck is everyone so paranoid lately?

I'm just asking so I don't accidentally post something on the date of an important mission, and I'm sorry I didn't get your joke, I'm bad with dates. :p

DarkGemini24601

Filing that post away for later then, hm. Oh well, I'm cooking up something with someone that should be an entertaining read for everyone after the mission.

DarkGemini24601

More X-COM 2 Musing

We're probably only going to start off with 1-2 characters (antagonists and essential staff not included) for the average person in XCOM2. The number will rise to three later on, and you cannnn kill off someone to get a new person in, though they won't come instantly.

We'll be starting off with very much a skeleton crew. Only a handful of dedicated scientists/engineers, a small maintenance team to keep the ship running and mann any weapons, our dropship pilot and Central Officer and Commander, and 10-20 soldiers. That means a smaller starting cast, and it also means we can't kill NPC soldiers willy nilly (we won't have many to start anyway). As we encounter local resistances they might be able to spare a person or two, but each individual loss means a LOT more than it did in Story of Defiance. We don't have a hundred fighters to spare. And this also means that some (though not all) of our soldier will be assisting the labs and engineering off-duty.