Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
ExoGrim & ZombieSplitter53
Enchanting Garden
May 14th, 3349

The wind of the early spring carried a haunting melody across the garden, the source coming from the cloaked figure kneeling before some flowers. Her sight lacking, she moved with slow, methodical motions as she planted her spring tulips. She had a special breed, being extra fragrant. This was important for her since she relied on her sense of smell more than most. This batch was even more fragrant than usual, unfortunate for her as she did not know a rose bush had been planted next to her spot. Unable to smell it at first, she cried out in pain when she accidentally brushed her hand against the bush, cutting it open. She tightly gripped her hand, and moved her head about in a bit of a panic. She didn't know how bad it was, and couldn't risk looking.

Arlia laid in a nearby tree, looking down at the garden and all who wandered in it. She was impressed on well it was maintained. As she gazed down at the garden and it's visitors, Arlia noticed the young child and her bleeding hand. The assassin jumped down from the tree, briefly checking to see if she had a spare burn patch in her pouch. She carefully approached the child. "Hey, are you okay? Would you let me see that wound?"

"U-uh... I-I don't want to be a burden, but..." Aemilia hesitated, then held out her arm. "Please."

Arlia took out a burn patch, lightly holding her arm to examine the wound, see how bad it was. "This might burn, but it's going to help."

Aemilia nodded nervously. The wound wasn't too deep, but it was bleeding quite a bit and looked inflamed.

Arlia carefully placed the herbal concoction onto the child's arm and let it take effect. Aemilia's blood seemed to burn and made a sizzling sound as the wound cauterized and healed. When the assassin removed the patch, all that was left of the wound was a bit of scabbing where the wound was originally. "Now, try not to scratch at it too much, otherwise you risk reopening the wound."

"I'll be careful. Thank You, miss." Aemilia let out a sigh of relief. "I didn't get any blood on you, did I?"

"Not much... I'm too careful to get drenched in someone else's blood." Arlia replied.

"That's good. Though an... odd way of putting it." The girl giggled. "It makes it sound like you have to avoid lots of blood all the time. Are you a doctor maybe?"

"No..." Arlia paused. "I'm an assassin."

"An assassin? That's... someone one kills people for money, right?" Aemilia frowned. "You're here to kill someone? And... you have to kill me now to keep me quiet, right?”

Arlia sighed. "Don't worry, I am not here to kill anyone... I work for this organization, not against it.”

"Oh... well, that's a relief." Aemilia gave her a big smile. "You seem so nice. I'd hate for you to end up hurting someone I know." She carefully reached to the side, picking up one of her tulips. "So what's your name? I'm Aemilia."

As she watched the girl, Arlia couldn't help but notice, out of the corner of her eye, that three of the roses were blue, and she was pretty sure they were red when she came over. "My name is Arlia." The assassin said as she turned to inspect the roses. "Do you, by chance, have any magical ability?"

"Magic? Not much," Aemelia answered. "I can use a little light magic, but I haven't practiced much with it." As Arlia got closer to the flowers, the three head ones moved on their own, the heads turning towards the woman as if they were looking at her. "Why do you ask?" Aemilia asked.

With a sudden flash of steel, Arlia beheaded the three blue roses. Her breathing quickened and started to sound unstable. After a few moments, the assassin sheathed her sword, still breathing heavily.

Aemilia looked up from the flower she was planting. Naturally, she hadn't seen the weapon, only feeling a light just of the swing. "Are you okay, Arlia? You sound out of breath."

"Flowers... aren't meant... to do that..." Arlia said in between breaths, seeming to be on the verge of panicking.

"Flowers? Do what?" Aemelia stopped what she was doing and turned to the woman. "Please, y-you're scaring me."

Arlia held herself as she dropped to her knees, her breathing worsening. Arlia, calm down, you only know two people who can control plants... and you killed one of them, right? Arlia tried to mentally remind herself.

After a moment, she felt a small hand rest on her shoulder. "I-I'm sorry, Arlia. I must have said or done something to upset you. W-what ever it was, I didn't mean it. Please forgive me."

Arlia slowly turned to the girl, fear plastered on her face. A image of a slowly dying child flashed in the assassin's mind... a grim reminder of her failures. She began to tear up as she hugged Aemilia. "Don't go... please don't go."

A few tears rolled down Aemilia's cheeks, a bit out of fear, a bit out of sympathy, and a bit from worry. "I... I-I won't go, Arlia. I'll stay as long as you need me to."

After a few minutes, Arlia seemed to calm down as she let go of the child. "I'm sorry about that... whatever you did to those plants, it triggered old memories. Ones that I'm not too fond of."

"I-I'm sorry. I... I didn't mean to do that. I..." Aemilia turned her head towards her tulips, thinking Arlia was referring to them. "I know I don't have the greatest green thumbs in the world, and I could have done better with them. I promise to do better, so please don't be sad."

"I was referring to the roses..." Arlia mentioned, still shaking a little. "I don't know how, but you gave them life. You gave them conciousness."

"I... I did? Oh no..." Aemilia stood up and stumbled forward, accidentally kicking her last unplanted tulip to the side. She grabbed a watering can, spilling it a little as she hurried it over to Arlia. "Please! Please, wash any blood I got on you off!"

"Wait, why?" Arlia inquired, concerned about the young child's fearful attitude towards her own blood.

"A c-couple years ago, I cut myself really bad. Mina... Lady Havenbrook helped me, and got a bunch of my blood on her. The next day, she ended up in the infirmary. Sh-she was really, really sick. They said it was some kind of magical poison. Afterwards, I tried to tell her how sorry I was, but she insisted it wasn't me. But if I did something to the flowers just by bleeding on them... I-I think she was just trying to make me feel better."

"Oh... That might be bad then." Arlia stated as she took the watering can and washed off the remainder of the blood on her arm. "Is this only the second time you've been cut then?"

Aemilia nodded. "I naturally have to be careful since I can't see, and Lady Havenbrook is usually protective of me, so I don't get hurt very often. At least that is one thing I don't burden people with..."

Arlia sighed, placing the watering can down on the floor. "You shouldn't beat yourself up over things that you have no control over."

"Why not?" Aemilia sat down, pulling her legs close. "I'm just... so useless. People have to do so much for me. There are so many basic things I can't do on my own. I can't help with much. And even my blood hurts people. Just... such a burden."

"It's not a matter of you burdening others than it is you burdening yourself with that way of thinking." Arlia stated, crouching in front of the child. "You need to focus on what you can do, not what you can't do."

"What if there isn't anything I can do?" the girl asked sadly.

"Everyone is capable of something." Arlia answered. "You also have to remember that you're still young. children still need protecting so that they can grow into fine men and women."

Aemilia was silent for a few moments, something about that making her hesitate. Finally, she nodded. "Okay. Sorry for being so negative. And for the flower thing. And bleeding on you. A-and anything else I forgot."

"There's no need to apologize." Arlia nodded in return. "You were just misguided, that's all."

Aemilia nodded. She moved her hand about behind her, trying to find the flower she had knocked over. "So, um... w-what bad memory did the flowers trigger?"

"One I'd rather not talk about." Arlia muttered grimly. "She's someone I'd like to forget."

"I understand." The girl found the flower, frowning sadly that she had crushed it. So she picked up the water can, having just enough in it to water her patch. "Well, um... I guess I should let you go back to what you were doing. Thanks again for your help.”

"No problem..." Arlia began to make her way back up the tree she had been in originally. "And don't forget that I'm here if you need anything."

"I won't." Aemilia said with a smile, taking the can and making her way back to the manor.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is a colaberation between Dhalexert & Marineavenger

Learning about dragons/ second chances

Havenbrook Manor

Infirmary

Aprile 17 3349

12:00 PM

As Drayce sat in the infirmary, and slowly started to become conscious, the first thing he saw was Slone. The dire wolf started to wag his tail, happy to see the dragon Thrope awake and alive. Slone then left the room, but to the other side of the room was a woman Drayce never see before. “Hello you're awake, thank goodness.”

“Do I know you?” the young man asked in a confused manner, slowly sitting up.

“Hey hey easy there, your wounds seem to have healed but you're in no condition to walk around. Besides according to most you have been gone for a while what happened to you?”

“I was taken away. Made into a show animal.” the Thrope explained simply, laying his head back down. “Who are you?”

“I’m Elma Van Dam, I think my brother went hunting a while ago. But that’s a shame, you're an Ophidian not a show animal for people's entertainment!”

“Ever seen a dragon before?” the young man rhetorically questioned the Van Dam tiredly. “No one has. That’s why.”

“A dragon?” Elma giggled a bit. “Aw come on now I know you Ophidians are humanoid reptiles, but a dragon? Come on now, that’s going a little far don’t you think?”

“He’s not lying sis.” Charter entered the room, looking at Drayce, it being the first time he’s seen him in months. Instead of being angry at the dragon for their last meeting, Charter breathed a sigh of relief that he’s fine. “He’s a dragon Thrope sis, full blown living dragon the first to be seen in centuries.”

“Wait so… So you a real, fire breathing...?” Elma with some fear in her voice slowly backed away for the dragon Thrope.

With a sigh, the young man pursed his lips and a small amount of flames came out from them like a spout. “See?”

“Umm oh.” Elma looked at bothe the Drayce and Charter. “You know about this? This is by far the strangest group of people I ever met, what is wrong with all of you?! This is a dragon and they used him for a sideshow!”

“Elma things happen, which i’m guessing they didn't treat you properly. So in good faith and they probably didn't feed you properly.” Charter whistled, Both Slone and another dire wolf walked in holding a massive leg from a bore they killed.

“Um,bro shouldn't you cook it first?”

“Cooking it conventionally ruins the flavor.” Drayce whispered as he took the leg and slowly began to eat.

Elma gave a disgusted look as Drayce devoured the raw leg. “Ugh he’s eating the raw meat.” Elma turned around to the nearest trash can and started to vomit in it.

“Ugh boy you have a long way to go little sister, if this disgust you.”

“I’m not used to seeing body parts being torn apart, and seeing the skin getting torn from the flesh and the blood.” Elma once again vomited into a trashcan.

Charter rolled his eyes, and looked at Drayce. “Look I know you and I got off on the wrong foot, mostly because you were going berserk and you ass was burning everything. However, what happened to you was wrong, and I want us to start off with a fresh start. I wasn't used to you most humans aren’t used to seeing a dragon.” Charter offered his hand to the Thorpe. “I’m sorry so can we start over?”

“I suppose.” Drayce took Charter’s hand and shook it very briefly.

Once Elma was done vomiting she looked at the two. “Wait you two didn't like each other? Charter why did you want to make an enemy of a dragon?”

“It’s a long story, dire wolf bit him he went nuts we went full dragon on us I panicked because I thought about the worst case scenario.”

“Ou so it was a misunderstanding, alright then. Well in the meantime.” Elma got close to the Dragon Thopen. “So where are you from, are there more like you? How old are you ,did you come from the land of Ice?”

“Ugh here she goes.”

“I… I don’t know exactly. I know I am from the north… I know there are others, but my memories are scattered about. I am 17, even if I look younger.” The dragon boy blushed, scratching his cheek as they turned crimson.

“Ou so i’m a year older than you, that’s cool so there are other dragons there not all dead. Yes I always wanted to meet a dragon, my brother said you were all dead but I always wanted to believe that dragons were alive.”

“In this land they are, not sure were they all are know and I don’t care. Charter made his way to the door. “I’ll bring you the rest of the bore alright Drayce i’m sure you can use it.” Charter and his wolves left the infirmary leaving the dragon alone with his sister.

“Soo do you know any magic, I always wanted to know if dragons can use spells and the lot like other races.”

“I can use fire, obviously. I also know… chaos magic. I hear not a lot of southlanders are capable of it.” The young man went deeper below his covers, staring at Elma’s face as he examined her.

Elma got off the bed and looked at Drayce through his little cover . “Not most do, I mean i’m one of the few humans that can use light magic. I can also use fire and ice magic and in the process of trying to summon a familiar.” Elma tilted her head and slightly lifted the blanket. “Why are you hiding?”

“You’re just prettier then I expected. Are you sure you and Charter are related?” Drayce questioned with a tilted head.

Elma getting some slight red in her cheeks nodded her head. “Yep he’s the oldest of us i’m the youngest, he treats me as such he really is a good person once you get to know him.” Elma lifted the blanket full revealing the dragon Throoe face again. “There that’s better isn't it?” Elma said smiling at the Drayce

With a childish groan and red face, he took the blanket and covered himself again anyways.

“Hay come on now, I can’t be that pretty. I thought dragons were fearsome brave, i’m just a little girl compared to you.” Elma once again lifted the cover but instead of flipping it over she just held it in her hand. And once again smiled.

“Humans are a new thing to me. I am still adapting to the value of beauty your kind has. I like pretty things.” the embarrassed boy admitted timidly.

“Humm. It’s weird you know, I never thought that a dragon would be nervous or act like a normal person. I think you're more human then you think.”

Drayce frowned, getting more flustered and only hissed at her in response and turned over so his face was concealed in the bed like a small child would during a tantrum.

“Hay come on now, there’s nothing wrong with being human. Or like the other races it just shows you have some emotions.” Elma sees a big scar on the dragon's back, Elma sees the scar and put’s her hand on it and tried to heal it.

When she tried to attempt it, Drayce pushed her hand away, “Don’t. I am keeping it.”

“But why though, doesn't it hurt?”

“A little. But it is a reminder for me. I need to keep it.” The dragon whispered.

“Hum you know my brother also has scars on him, he says that every scar is a reminder. To victories great battles or things we wish we could take back. So do you regret something?”

“Yeah, and… I am not ready to speak about it…” Drayce said slowly.

“That’s understandable, after all you just got back and i’m new so it’s ok if you don’t want to talk about it for now.”

Charter returned with the bore he promised. “Alright Drayce here is your meal, that would satisfy you for a while.” Charter looked at his sister and Drayce. “What’s going on here?”

Elma stood straight up.” Nothing!”

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and ZombieSplitter53: The Beginnings of Chaos

Malder stared lazily into the sun as he laid down on a large pile of hay. He was finally given time to take a break, as many of his targets were dealt with and someone else was taking care of the girl in the time being. Letting out a yawn, the ex-soldier slowly drifted into a slumber

"Malder? Oh, Malder?" A voice gently called out to him, seeming to be everywhere at once. "Wake up, Malder."

Malder sprang awake, not sure if he was just hearing things, or if someone wanted his attention. He placed his hand on his sword, ready to cut down whoever was stupid enough to demand his attention.

Darkness started to spring up around him, the walls, the floors, and the ceiling turning pitch black. An arm reached out from the ground, grabbing at him. Then more from the walls, swiping at the man with earnest.

Malder chuckled. "Whoever you are... your parlor tricks won't work on me. I can wait this out... let your mana drain slowly. I've suffered worse."

"Parlor tricks?!" The voice let out a haughty laugh. "This is no mere trick, boy. I don't do tricks." The darkness melted away, and Malder found himself on a mountainside over looking a vast, boiling hot desert, the waves of heat visible as they floated up. Somewhere far below, he could hear the sounds of torturous cries and laments. And next to him, her hands on her hips and a smug smile on her face, a blonde woman said, "Welcome to my domain. And your home one day."

"Your domain?" Malder questioned. "What so special about some baron wasteland in the middle of nowhere?"

She let out that same obnoxious laugh again, holding her hand next to her mouth as she did. "Because I am Grimora, silly child. And this is Hell. West Hell, to be specific, in the Hell of Treacherous Tasks." She stepped next to him and pointed towards a tall, steep dune. "See those men trying to push the boulder up. They were promised freedom from their torment from their pain if they succeed. What the one on the right doesn't realize is the other one will betray him at the last moment! Of course, he has done so hundreds of times, but that sap won't remember that until it happens! Oh, such fun!"

Malder grunted, his unwavering grin plastered on his face. "Serve him right, trusting someone else. The way I see it, you want a job done, you do it your damn self."

"I can see you thinking that way." Grimora rubbed her chin. "I wonder if you'll fit in here well, with the people you have betrayed. Tell me, where would you rather end up, my violent friend? Perhaps in the Hell of the Spiked Mountain for troublemakers. No, the Hell of the Victim's Perspective! I think that would fit you nice." She nudged him with her elbow. "Then again, you could try your hand at them now and find the one you like the most."

"It doesn't matter which hell I go to..." Malder muttered. "All that matters is that I get my job done first. So, if your here to help me make reservations... I'm not up for any offers."

"Well... I can appreciate a man so determined to do his job. But I might have an offer you'd like." Grimora leaned in close. "You're a pretty interesting guy. You have a nice, black soul that intrigues me. Spending centuries in some pathetic attempt at penance doesn't suit you. After you die... how would you like it if your soul instead resided in my capital city of Taruntela? You would live lavishly and comfortably. And all you have to do in exchange... is what you do best; murder."

Malder's grin widened. "I'm listening."

Grimora grinned, and snapped her fingers. Blackness enveloped Malder, and when it faded, he was back where he started. Additionally, Grimora had been replaced with a tall, black-haired woman. "My name is Tecunte, Malder, and I want you to murder the royal house of Stormrend. Every last one of them, from the Emperor himself, to his brother's second cousin's daughter's pet dog."

"Kill the entire royal family, eh?" Malder chuckled. "Seems like a lot to ask from one former soldier. What exactly would I gain from it?"

"Well, there is what Grimora offered, which she seems to think you'll simply jump on. But I know you better. You're a man who wants something more tangible. Something you'll get in this life." Tecunte slowly sauntered over. "A little bird told me you're looking for someone. Whoever made you such a handsome fellow."

"Keep talking..." Malder stated. "I like where you're going with this."

Tecunte let out an exaggerated sigh. "You won't like the next part, I'm sure. You know the plans of the people you're working with, right? Getting that double into the palace. Would be hard to pull off with the real one running around though." The goddess stopped in front of him, leaning forward with a questioning look. "Do you really think, if and when they find her alive, they'll actually tell you so you can kill her? Because I think they'll kill her on the spot. Probably lie to you about it to. I mean, for all their fancy talk, they're a bunch of untrustworthy crooks, right? Nothing but bandits in fancy suits."

"I figured as much... that Shen guy seems to only care about power." Malder answered. "If your telling me you can find her first, then I'd be happy to help you in your crusade... who knows, it made provide some more chaos, 'cause that's always fun."

Tecunte grinned widely. "I couldn't agree more." She took a deep breath and walked around him. "Good to see someone who finally gets it. Now, here is my idea." She placed her hands on his shoulders, slowly messaging them. "I manipulate some facts, and make big boss guy think the princess is dead. You stick by fake princess's side so when she is planted in the Palace, you'll go with her. Pretend to go along with the plan, but slowly start picking off the nobles. You boss would suspect you because he wouldn't think you'd jeopardize his precious plan, and the Emperor would never suspect someone connected to his long lost daughter, returned home to him at long last."

She brought her mouth behind his head. "That will serve my purpose, and act as bait. The real Arlia will eventually hear that nobles, including some relatives, are dying off. When she looks into it, she is sure to be surprised that someone claiming to be her is in her home, posing as the princess. Then, you won't have to find her. She'll come to you. Then all you have to do is kill her, then her parents. Hell, kill her parents in front of her if you want to add some extra salt in the wound. Then just finish off that fake, and we're done! You get your revenge, and I get to sit back and watch the chaos of an already unstable country that lost most of its royal house in such a short amount of time."

"What would I do without you..." Malder remarked. "Now that you are on my side, I can finally spread anarchy throughout Stormrend and watch it slowly burn to cinders under it's own chaos."

"Oh, now your speaking my language." Tecunte moved in front of him. "Perhaps, when you're done here, you can help me spread that chaos across all of Terra Dolor. I see us making quite the team."

"Team..." Malder thought for a moment. "Your friend seems to be capable of bringing people into Hell... what about taking them out."

Tecunte grumbled lightly. "Grimora is one of those neccasary partnerships you regret right from the start but know is unavoidable. Obnoxious, pig headed cow. I'll be done with her as soon as possible." She smiled at Malder. "I enjoy your company far more."

"Fair enough..." Malder chuckled. "That still doesn't answer my question though, can she take people out of hell?"

"For a while, she can," Tecunte answered, mumbling, "Long enough to do their job, I hope." Speaking up, she asked, "Why? Someone you killed that you want to kill again down there?"

"No, an old friend of mine that may be useful once again." Malder told the goddess. "Her name is Elisabeth Grondale... though her enemies knew her as the Lady of Thorns."

"Interesting. I'll share that knowledge with my sister, and see what she can do." There was movement on the other side of the door, and Tecunte opened a portal behind her. "Remember to play along for now. I'll keep in touch. In the meantime, enjoy your babysitting job... and dream of sweet, sweet disorder."

Malder began to laugh maniacally. "I'll be waiting until than."

The goddess disappeared into the abyss, her portal closing just as the door opened. "M-Mr. Malder?" the fake Arlia said as she stuck her head in, currently not in her disguise.

ExoGrim

The Beginnings of Chaos Part 2

Malder turned his head so that he could see her. "What, did you not like your temporary company? Or am I just that nice compared to the others?"

"Mr. Malder," she said again, quickly stepping towards him. With out her voice altered by magic, she had the slightest of squeeks in her voice that one could either find adorable or annoying. Her current escort, a gorilla of a man ironically known as Tiny, stood in the doorway. Holding her hands together, she said, "Mr. Tiny won't take me to see my mom! I was promised I could see my mom today!"

Malder chuckled, facing Tiny. "Now, now, don't ya know that if she's promised to see her mother, you take her there as soon as possible. Shen doesn't like having to hunt for his little darling because you guys can't handle a small promise."

'Arlia' clapped her hands together in excitement. "Um... Mr. Malder. Can I talks to ya outside fer a sec?" Tiny asked.

Malder patted the fake Arlia's head. "Do me a favor and stay here well I see what good old Tiny wants."

She nodded obediently, taking a seat in the hay and folding her hands.

Tiny opened the door for Malder and rubbed the back of his neck. "Jeez, Mr. Malder. I'm surprised nobodys told ya dis already, but... girly's mom is dead."

"Oh, I know... I just like to let Shen take care of things." Malder answered. "Saves me a headache."

"Okay, but... but wat am I gonna do, Mr. Malder?" Tiny asked. "I mean, girl's a total fruitcake. She knows her mom is dead. At least, she should. Saw it happen herself. Face messed up from ear to ear. But she keeps talking about seeing her mom, an' I don't know wat to say. Please, man... you godda help me out 'ere."

"Just take her to Shen and have him take care of the situation." Malder answered, pointing his sword at the large man. "He obviously knows more about this than we do. And one other thing, if I hear from her that you didn't take her to mommy again... there will be nothing stopping me from tearing you limb from limb... got it?"

"Okay, okay." Tiny held up his hands. "Easy, man. I'll do what you say, boss. I'm just a mook, man. I don't even get paid much. Certainly not enough to make up for how risky it is being around her. Bad enough she's loony, but people thinks she's cursed to." He shook his head. "Just put the sword down. I already know how strong you are."

Malder lowered his sword. "Good to see we can come to an accord."

Tiny nodded, and walked to the door. "Come on, girly. We gonna talk ta Mr. Wu about seein' you mom."

She walked over, and bowed her head deeply. "Thank you so very much, Mr. Malder. You are so kind."

Malder's grin widened. "Don't mention it." You'll be dead by the end of the month anyway.

She nodded. "You're a really sweet man. I hope can continue to be friends in the future." She took Tiny's arm, and the two of the walked off. As they did, for a brief moment, Malder could swear he saw a human-shaped mist behind the princess doppelganger, its 'head' turning towards him before vanishing.

"Looks like the little girl has her own protector..." Malder muttered as he closed the door to his home. "This will make things interesting."

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is a colabe between Dhalexpert & Zombiesplitter53

A vampire made to conquer

Serasam Lower Region

Shipyard

April 15, 3349

7:00 PM

Alice and her bandit group looked at the shipyard. As Alice looked on, she could see the ship she wanted. A massive Man-of-War with cannons on each side. However the yard itself was heavily guarded. There were not only the crew of the ship, but the guards around them.

“Ugh, I swear to that goddess. I’m gonna kill that woman. This place is heavily guarded. How the hell am I supposed to raid that ship?” Alice looked again, seeing alarm bells and plenty of patrols. She then looked towards the back to see what seemed to be the storage area. “There. That’s more than likely where not only the food, sugar, alcohol is stored, but more importantly, the gold.”

Alice left her lookout and went to her bandit party. “Alright, the place is, well... heavily guarded as expected, so this is the plan. I’m going down there. I will take out their alarm bells. Once that’s done, I will give you all a signal to attack, so sharpen your weapons and get ready. It’s going to be a while before we attack.”

As Alice looked on at her bandits, she looked back at the shipyard and thought to herself, This is our first raid. This can go one of two ways. If I succeeded, then these men, theses savages, will follow me no matter what, but if I fail? Then they will, if not now then at some point, betray me. But no matter what, they will be under my flag. Whether living or dead. “Hum... Crixus!” Alice yelled for her second in command.

“Yes ma’am? What do you need?”

“Make sure everyone is calm. We’re going to have to wait until midnight for the full assault. Mostly because the crew of many other ships are getting off. So make sure the men stay focused and don’t kill each other.”

“Understood ma’am. I’ll keep an eye on the savages.” As Crixus left, Alice went back up to the cliff to look at the ships, to see many of the crews taking their loot off them.

“Hum, all that loot. Not sure where I would trade all of that. Ugh, for now, let me worry about the ship.”

Five hours later, once it was assured that the crews were gone and were in town doing whatever sailors were doing, Alice turned to a swarm of bats and went to the dock. “Right now then, for the bells. Got to take those out first.” Alice silently made her way through the dock, using her axe to dismantle the bells. “This could take a while, especially with my men being riled up for hours.”

“Hay!” One of the guards noticed Alice dismantle one of the bells. “What the hell do you think you're doing? Why are you on the dock, and what did you do to the bell!”

“Ugh, damn. Today is not your day buddy. Sorry.” Alice drove one of her axes into the man’s skull and bit into him, draining him of blood. Unfortunately for her, another guard saw this from around the corner and ran to one of the working alarm bells. While he was rigging it, Alice threw her other axe into his back, severely injuring him. “I am severely out of practice.” Once the bell rang, several guards came came over. When they got there, they found a dead guard, one seriously injured, and no Alice.

“What the hell, what happened to these two?” One of the guards went to the injured guard. “What happened here?”

“A woman came out of nowhere. Killed Alex. Saw her biting into his neck. Then when she saw me, she threw an axe at me. Not sure where she went .

“Ugh, get him out of here, and fan out. Go find any intruder that you can and bring them to the brig.”

As the guards went to search for the intruder, one of the guards went to the dead body to search it,. When he turned the body over, he noticed bite marks that ran deep into his neck. “What the hell kind of marks are these?”

The dead man started to slightly move, then suddenly bit into the man's neck. The dock guard drove a dagger into the dead body. However, the dagger seemed to have no effect on its body until he plunged the dagger into its head, killing the zombie guard. “The fuck was that!?”

“Well it’s a shame that you had to fought back, but don’t worry. You will be joining him soon.” Alice plunged her razor claws into the back of the man’s neck and then drained him of his blood. She then went to the guard on the ground with her axe one in his back and pulled it out before smashing his skull. Alice then grabbed the dead bodies and decided to pile them up and light them on fire.

Crixus saw this as Alice’s signal and charged the shipyard. Alice, for her part, went back into hiding. She was actually sitting on the man-of-war ship she planned to take. Time for me to enjoy the show. Crixus, I need to see if you’re worthy to be my second in command. If you survive this, I have a special gift for you.

The bandit group charged the shipyard attacked the dock guards. Most of the few dockworkers and sailors there made a run for it, but a few stayed to fight. The guards were equipped with swords and the occasional pistol while the rest had swords, hammers, chains, and anything else they could get their hands on.

The fighting was intense, the barely lit dock occasionally sparking from the clash of weapons. Naturally, Alice’s keen eyes could see everything. A guard was run through. A bandit lost his teeth and an eye to a hammer. Another chocked as a chain wrapped around his neck. Two bandits teamed up on a dock worker, beating and slashing at him, taking joy in mutilating him.

Lucky for the mission Crixus was there. Not only was he able to fight with all his might, but he was able to direct the others. Remind them to push on after a kill. Warn them of an incoming attack even while in a fight of his own. Directing the right men to take on the right foes. He was quickly proving himself as a leader.

My my, look at you, my little pet. I brought you with me on a whim, but now you're becoming something much more.

As Crixus lead the charge, he also took part in the carnage, swinging his war axe around decapitating guards and dock workers around. “Push forward, leave nothing standing! Secure the docks!” Crixus slammed his axe into one of the guard’s chest. One of the ship workers plunged a dagger into Crixus’ side. He looked at the dock worker and wrapped his hands around him, lifting him into the air and snapping his neck.

“Oh, brutal, heh heh. I knew there was a reason I liked you. Heh, look at them all, killing these dock guards. I trained them well.”

It wasn’t long until the tide was turned. The bandits swarmed the guards, fighting with little fear. Soon, all the was left were fleeing men, but the bandits didn’t let up. Soon, they were alone. The guards and dock workers were dead, and Alice’s men had only suffered a few loses. Their cheering resounded through the dock, at least until it was drowned out by alarms from the town. Reinforcements were on the way. It was time to secure the boat and leave.

Dahlexpert

Part 2

Alice appeared in front of her men. “Listen up. We're not leaving just yet. We did not go through all this just to leave with just a ship. Raid their storage facility. I have a perfect distraction for these whelps, the first of many assaults.” Alice summoned her undead troops that were waiting in the forest. Alice also used her necromancy to reanimate the recently dead corpses that her raiders killed. The amount of magic Alice used brought her to her knees. “What are you lot waiting for? Raid the storage and get on the ships! My mages, set fire to all the ships except the man-of-war! Now go!”

The bandits did what they were ordered to do and went to the storage area, while Alice’s mages set fire to the other ships. As for the reinforcements, they were dealing with not just the undead Alice had brought, which was over two hundred, but also their former friends.

The chaos of the situation brought in local spectators to see the commotion and the fire. This led to a lot of screaming and running, citizens and constables alike fleeing from the undead hordes. Many tried to fight back, but they weren’t hunters. They were not used to fight undead hordes who could take blows that would drop a normal foes to their knees. It was barely enough to be called a proper fight. The undead warriors had the vitality of zombies with enough intelligence to target people fighting back rather than attacking regular citizens and getting struck from behind while distracted.

All the while, the bandits made out like their namesake. The job was made easier by the light emitted from the burning ships. Gold. Exotic spices. Rare connections. Medical supplies. Magical and alchemical ingredients. The bounty of five different crews was piled on Alice’s new ship, and in the end, they never had to fight another person. All were kept away by the zombified soldiers. It was a massacre that would hit the record books.

As Alice’s bandits boarded their new ship, the vampire looked on at the fight. “Prepare to sail. Mages, get the wind going and get us out of here.” The bandits did what they were told, raising the anchors and letting the sails down as Alice’s wind mages did what they were ordered to do and added wind to the sails. The ship started to leave the dock. Alice summoned her undead to retreat to the ship if they could. The undead started to fall back falling into the water. Some actually reaching the ship and climbed to the deck, all the while Alice laughed at the reinforcements.

“Crixus,to me!” Her second in command came to her and kneeled down. “You did great today. Yu lead like a true warlord. Bring me a cup.” One of Alice’s undead brought her a small glass cup. She slit her wrist and filled the cup with her blood. “Drink, my warlord. With this, you will become my true second in command. There will be no one that will stand against you. You will be my unstoppable weapon and true leader in my army.

Crixus looked at the blood and looked back at his leader, he drank the blood. Within seconds of swallowing, he felt something. The magic of a vampire, swelling up in him. He felt a warmth at first, then it hit him. Power. His muscles tensed. His eyes widened. He felt powerful. Stronger, faster, even keener, able to see and hear with a clarity he had never had before. He was more powerful, without a doubt. And it was intoxicating.

“Heh, my first ever thrall. Don’t worry my boy, you are now stronger then any of these men here. Today was the first of many raids my raiders. Today is only the beginning. There is a whole world ready to conquer and plunder for our needs.” The raiders cheered as Alice went to her new captain quarters as her wound healed. “Agh, that went surprisingly well.”

“I’ll say.” Tecunte sat with her feet up on the desk. “This is a really comfy chair. Oh!” She quickly stood up and stepped away. “I’m sure you want to sit in the big chair. You earned it after all.”

Alice eyes twitched as she made her way to her new chair and sat down. “I’m sure you're happy that I’m doing good. Oh wait, I’m on the back burner right? How’s your main plan going?” Alice said with some sas in her voice.

The goddess took a deep breath. “The, uh… the dream thing was a silly idea… I decided. Ahem… but I am currently working on a far better plan now, don’t you worry.”

Alice laught with glee. “That’s a fancy way of saying that, once again, you failed, and now I’m main person again. Well guess what after today, maybe I don’t need you.”

Tecunte gripped her fists tightly. “You better wise up and remember who you’re talking to. And don’t forget who pointed you in this direction. If not for me, you’d probably have stolen some tiny dingy that could barely fit ten people. So know… your… place, blood sucker.”

“Really? I did everything you wanted. I raised this army from nothing. I took this ship. All you did was point me to it. I did the work. I’m raising the men power. I’m doing your job in spreading chaos, while you constantly fail in killing a few hunters!”

Tecunte looked like she was going to snap when another woman’s voice next to Alice said, “You really shouldn’t bother, dear. She never admits when she’s wrong. Easier to blame someone else.”

“Leave, Grimora!” Tecunte snapped. “I can handle this myself!”

“Well, obviously you can’t,” Grimora responded. “Not with those people skills. Can’t you see Alice here has been working very hard and deserves a reward?”

Alice looked at the other woman, who seemed to be the embodiment of lust.”Now who are you my dear.”

“Lil’ old me. No one special. Just Grimora, Goddess of Darkness, Queen of Hell.” The goddess smiled at the vampiress. “And as I understand it, who have been in the market for a reaper, yes?”

“Yeah, that’s what that worthless god promised me. So can you give me what I need?”

“Don’t be too hard on my poor sister. I am actually in good terms with our shared father while her… eh, not so much.” Grimora held her hand over the desk, forming an orb of darkness. The inside cleared up, and within, Alice could see a rather strapping man. Strong, tough, and handsome, he was slaying undead hordes like they were common slimes. “What do you think? His name is Richard. My sources have him slated to die and be turned into a Reaper five years from now. He will make for a great Reaper. I was thinking of maybe arranging for this life to end early. He’ll become a Reaper, just for you. And because it’ll happen five years early, no one will notice a Reaper is missing. How does that sound to you?”

“Oh my oh my, I like him. Sure, you have yourself a deal. So since you paid me.” Alice got closer to the goddess of darkness. “Is there anything I can do for you, after all most vampires look up to you. Or they did.”

Grimora looked over to Tecunte. “Oh, I like this one. Why are you always so negative about her? Maybe if you were a little more sociable…”

Tecunte rolled her eyes. “I guess it’s a good thing I have you, huh?” she asked sarcastically.

“Yes, it is?” Grimora looked to Alice again. “All I ask is that you keep doing what you’re doing. I have my own plans with my sister, so we are going to be patient with you, right sister?”

“Yeah, yeah.”

Grimora shook her head. “And if you can, please try and be nice to my sister. She’s a pain, but she needs you and your work more than she is willing to admit. You know, pride and all that.”

“Right. Well then, I guess I have the seven to worry about now. So if you excuse me, I need to plan how I’m going to get them on my side.”

Tecunte opened a portal, leaving without another word. “She’s a little childish,” Grimora whispered. “Doesn’t like you liking me but not her.” She giggled, opening her own portal and disappearing into it.

“Ugh gods, such a pain.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
MarineAvenger & ZombieSplitter53
Shifting Sands: Homecoming
Part One

Duchy of Kemar, more than a decade ago.

Night time settled rather quickly over the Ophidian bandit camp, with many moving indoors to escape the frigid cold of the outside. With the King away and many of the men, that left it up to the boys, remaining men and slave women to make sure things went on normally.

In a tent almost measuring up to the King's itself, the Queen's tent was sown with brilliant violet threads, with pink lotus flowers covering the roof. Inside, the sand was covered with expensive carpets laid over stone slabs that made the tent's floor seem no different than a building's. A long table filled with food and wine covered one side of the inhabitants while in the middle a golden brazier kept the inside nice and toasty. Of course, that is not all the human bandit Queen had to keep her warm. Three Ophidian woman walked and slithered at her every whim, her latest dose of her king's special wine from the golden chalice keeping her sedate and loyal. The three wore clothing that exposed them wearing little more than purple bikinis. They were lined with silver and the parts they had covered up were done so with the scales of sand dragons painted their purple color. The forward sash of their belts came down to about their knees.

Their Queen however looked little different, though there was major differences. Reclining back on a mountain of velvety pillows, Mina's brazier was made of very dark red scales and the lining was made of solid gold, an upgrade from the rags she originally wore. Her sash was meant for a grown Ophidian woman so unfortunately it constantly slipped below her waist much to the King's -and her own- pleasure. Currently, the youngest of the girls was using her soft hands to massage the young teenager's recently cleaned feet, taking great care to make it relaxing. The second had her golden strands of hair in her hands, combing it slowly and gently, the eldest of them wanting the privilege of doing so, her wrinkled face in a smile. The third was a young woman, her head around Mina's stomach, her thin forked tongue slowly licking over her creamy Serasami skin, bringing both a tickling and tingling sensation to her body meant to stimulate her. All three seemed in total happiness to serve their Queen, the woman their bandit leader claimed to be a goddess gifted to them from above.

Mina was ever the slave to the nectar that kept her in a dream-like state of pleasure. Yet something had changed in her. Such a lengthy exposure had dulled its effect on her. It wasn't enough to free her from its effects, and in fact it caused her to crave more and more of the wine. But she had a degree of awareness that often threatened to burst her bubble of pleasure, such as now, with a look of sadness upon her face.

"Come now my queen, would walking on your back make,your wondrous smile return?" The smallest of them asked down by her feet, the little snake slave girl named Kara looking up at Mina with eyes too big for her face.

"Oh I do not think it is you," Shana, the woman only slightly older than Mina spoke up, "She just misses her king. Though until her returns it is my job to be her companion." For an Ophidian, she looked about as human as Mina minus the distinct differences between the races. Crawling up, lips pressed against Mina's, her slim tongue wrapping around the blonde's fleshy human one in a kiss that felt only caring, if not a tad passionate.

"Your hormones get the best of you, If only that fool of a man would let your get a proper husband, we would get the Queen out of your eye missy," Myrtle, the elder woman chastised as the two young women exchanged fluids.

Mina looked over to Mertle. "Oh, but... were I to lose any one of you... what would I do?"

"We as slave are expendable deary." The grandmother aged woman explained comfortingly. Kara got so fed up being ignored that Mina felt the strangely warm feeling of having her feet licked like a dog would do.

Mina body tingled, and she looked down at her. "Of course, it is hard to imagine life without you, dear Kara. You make me so happy when my king... m-my king is away..." Something about the words 'My King' felt odd. Foreign even.

Still, hearing her say it lightened Kara's mood completely, "Maybe I can marry the queen?"

"Pfft, no. I am the one in heat. I am the one who called dibs." Shana contested.

Mina giggled. "You are all so... promiscuous. Are actual reptiles like this?" She wiped a bit of sweat from her brow. "I'm, uh... a bit thirsty. Can I have some of my wine?"

Before Shana could move, Kara already scrambled away to do so. Myrtle smiled, bidding farewell as she had to go tend to the children. Mina soon found herself pressed against her pillow, Shana's lips sucking on her neck that brought up even more confusing feelings then when her king had.

"That tickles, dear Shana. You are ever so playful. You risking making me forget about our king," Mina teased, stroking the side of her head.

"Mmm... Please tease me more." her slave begged even though Mina was the one pressed down into her luxury pillows with soft lips and a one of a kind tongue moving down to her leg. "Kara is young. Mateable, but young. Older girls should take precedent." Shana was not shy about sucking on one of Mina's recently cleaned toes with a sultry look.

Mina laughed, her entire foot tingling. "Oh... oh, to imagine my life outside of this place. Whatever was I possibly doing before... before..." Her eyes darted about, trying to remember something. Something important, like a task she was supposed to be doing. But there was nothing expected of her here. So what could it have been?

Before she could think about it more, Kara came up with puffy cheeks and no cup. The purple drink slightly escaped from her lips, the addictive substance for the slave so close, but she would would have to work for it it seemed.

Mina gave her a seductive look, reaching out and running a hand across her hip. "Looks like you have a gift for me. It would make me ever so happy to taste those cute little lips of yours."

With a crimson face, Kara came close for Mina, though didn't meet her. She shook from anticipation. She wanted it badly, but she clearly wanted her liege to show her how badly she wanted her too without words. She was such an insecure girl at times.

Mina's own anticipation could only last so long. She grabbed Kara and pulled the girl on top of her, pressing the lips together and pushing her tongue forward.

Kara followed suit, the drink flooding into Mina's mouth. Some of it escaped, but most ended up down her throat like she wanted, something about it coming from Kara's mouth making the substance sweeter. Finally, the girl pushed against her Queen, her shaking worse. Unclasping the mechanism at the side of her waist, her belt-underwear combination peeled away, Kara discarding the top as well. Mina felt several drops of a hot fluid drip onto her stomach where she stood over. "I... I feel so weird I... I am... So warm..."

Mina panted heavily, slowly nodding as if she hand been asked a question. "Me too. Feels... so nice, huh? Like you're... floating above your body..."

"Mina... Mina..." The girl cooed in want, those drops creating a pool trailing down her stomach, Kara seemingly afraid to deal with it herself.

Mina pressed her hand against the Ophidian girl's belly and slowly lowered it. "Come my sexy snake girl. Let me help you with the fire that burns in your belly... and elsewhere."

With a cute whimper, Kara laid on top of Mina, the girl seeming at her wits end. Her small hand reached backwards and into Mina's underwear. The feeling of such small fingers crawling up in her insides was a strange experience, but it was mind-boggling nonetheless.

Mina moaned softly as you body wiggled and writhed. Her hands explored the snake girl's body in every way possible. Nothing else mattered to her. Not a thing in the whole world.

Stop! You've forgotten!

Mina gasped softly, opening her eyes.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Part Two

Shana pressed her mouth against Mina's, putting more wine down her gullet, seeming a bit miffed she chose Kara first. The littler girl seemed to be going crazy with lustful feelings, no longer hesitating with what she wanted, which was clearly her Queen. The blonde human found herself stripped, a youthful Ophidian tongue slipping deep into her itchy innards.

"More," she called softly. "Please... don't stop... never... stop..."

Kara tried her best to please Mina but one squeeze from Shana on her nub and the girl shook like a life, lust covering her half awake features, leaving Mina half-way to climax. Shana sat down below her, smiling, "I hear you dance well. Maybe... If you show me, I will seal the deal."

Mina slowly nodded. She stood up shakily, much to Kara's disappointment, and started her sultry dance. Even in her lust filled, drunken state, she was extremely skilled and extremely provocative. Her husband had given her a chance for plenty of practice, and her skills had improved tenfold.

Seeing her naked Queen dance seemed to have the same effect on her. She darted forward, holding Mina upright as she knew her legs would give out from the next part. Her tail slithered to Mina's back entrance, forcing the girthy length up into her rear with slow, intense thrusts.

MIna' knees indeed buckled, and she clung to the slave woman tightly. As she came closer and closer to her end, as pleasure rose and rose, something felt more and more off. She looked to the side and gasped. There was a man standing there, giving her a familiar, friendly smile.

Uncle? What are... you doing here? And who are these men?

The man suddenly pulled out his sword, and thrust it forward into Mina's chest. She cried out in shock as her body gave in to both terror and pleasure, and she collapsed against Shana.

"L... Lady Havenbrook? Lady Havenbrook, are you okay?"

Mina sat up with a start, a cold sweat running down her brow. She slowly looked around her bedroom. That's right... I escaped. I finished my mission. I... I-I put that nightmare behind me. "What is it, Esmeralda?"

"Sorry to disturb you so early. I was delivering the books... money is all in order and accounted for, by the way... when I was told you have some visitors."

"So early?" Mina grumbled softly. "Alright. Have them wait in my office. I'll be right there." She sighed and quickly grabbed her clothes. As she dressed, an unexpected thought ran through her head. Those girls... they were innocent. Slaves to their own race. If anything, I should feel bad they were forced to serve me like that. I might not care for Ophidians in general, but... I hope they weren't killed in that raid. With another sighed, she smoothed out her slacks, adjusted her sleeves, and stepped into her adjoining office.

There were two individuals standing in the middle of the office, both wearing shrouds around their bodies. One was quite tall, the other of average height, the bulging chest indicating one of them was a well endowed woman. "So... You are Havenbrook? I expected more." The male began.

Mina chuckled. "Yes, well... I might be insulted if I hadn't heard that before. Though I might surprise you." She walked over to her chair. "Please, have a seat. What can I do for you?"

The man took down his hood, and Mina was met with a living, nightmare. An Ophidian face that looked too much like her rapist. Mina was a woman with an iron will. Little got to her, and those who have seen her fight contest that nothing can break her cool. In this instant, however, the cold sweat returned. Where once was the calmest of heart, the organ in her chest beat harder than the burliest blacksmith beating a hammer against an anvil. Her fight or flight kicked in, and it took everything in her not to do the latter. Her mind immediately started to calculate how strong this man before her might be, the distance between her and him, and long it would take her to grab the Judge out of her top drawer and blow his head off.

"What... do you... want?" she asked slowly and methodically, making not the smallest attempt to hide the displeasure, if not hatred, she had for the Ophidian.

"You are Mina Havenbrook considering the fact you were forthright with that information. You're physical features match perfectly." The golden haired Ophidian said, "My name is Lyr Gwri. You were married to my father."

Mina balled her hands into a fist. "I don't know what you're talking about. Why would I, or any human, ever be married to an Ophidian?"

"Because he forced you to." The second figure said, pulling down her hood. She was a stunningly beautiful woman, with soft features where her brown snake scales did not touch. She was very tall for such a young woman, and her body was certainly curvaceous. Her brunette hair was cut short to her ears, and her eyes were big and familiar.

A bead of sweat rolled down Mina's cheek. She could continue to deny it, but it was obviously pointless. "What is it that you want from me. If your father sent you to get me back..."

"My father is dead." Lyr said sharply, crossing his arms. "My friend Kara here has brought me to see my mother."

"I am NOT your..." Mina blinked a few times. "Kara? Is... is that really you?"

The Ophidiam's eyes widened, "Wait, you are just realizing it is me?"

Mina slowly stood up. "Well, I... didn't expect you to be alive to be honest. I was able to get away because the raid was quite a nasty one. It was plenty likely you would have died in the raid. If not died, then be captured. And if not that, then killed in any number of ways as a young slave in an Ophidian camp. Though I am... happy to see you made it."

"I... I was captured." Kara said glumly. "I was sold several times. A few times for manual labor. A few times to birth someone's child. Finally I ended up in a better place. I met Lyr's mother. She was a sweet woman. She reminded me of Myrtle. Sadly, she did pass in the raid." The ex-slave's face fell at the mention of that.

"I... I-I see. You... three were the only memory I kept that didn't make my skin crawl. It is truly good to see you safe." Mina's eyes shifted to Lyr. "How did he die?" she asked coldly.

"Stabbed in the back by his own men. This was some time ago of course." Lyr growled at her, not liking her tone with him. "More recently, my birth mother has died. That by Ophidian tradition now makes you my mother. The woman my father married before his death."

Mina looked him up and down. "I am not your mother, no matter what your traditions might say. Even if I cared about them, I didn't love your father or marry him. He just said I was his wife after putting me in a prolonged, drug induced euphoria. I was probably no older then you are now."

"Our laws do not see it that way. You are my mother whether you like it or not." Lyr pressed in an agitated state.

Mina slammed her hands down on her desk and leaned forward, getting just as agitated. "Do you have any idea the kind of man your father was? He was a monster. A monster that took a teenage girl and turned her into his sex toy. I still have nightmares of being able to do nothing as my body is compelled to please that beast. I... am glad your father is dead. I regret I didn't have the chance to hunt him down myself. And you are mad if you think I want to have anything to do with his child. With an Ophidian that... that carries his face."

There seemed to be a visible shock that ran through Lyr, his whole body trembling. He quickly stood, turning and running in an action so fast his chair fell,over as he bolted out of the door.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Part Three

Kara let out a sigh, looking to Mina. "That... that wasn't right of you to do." Her old friend sat back to try and act comfortable, closing her eyes. "He... He never knew you were raped. Only everything else. It is the greatest crime a member of our species can commit, especially against a woman. We are supposed to hold them sacred, but his father rejected those ideas. Lyr is a resourceful, compassionate young adventurer. He is everything his father wasn't. Though now what you said to him basically equated to you claiming he was no better than that monster. Despite his hard exterior, he was eager to meet you. He was not lying about our laws. That is why I brought him here voluntarily. I suppose now that one hope he had is now crushed. To be without family is the greatest sadness an Ophidian faces. At least a normal one who abides by our customs."

Mina lowered her head, looking down at her hands. "I... I didn't know that what his father did... I-I guess I always assumed I had... found one of many, not one of the rare few..." She closed her eyes and took in a breath, sighing sadly. "I-I... I don't know... what to do, Kara. I-I always tell people... not to judge others based on their race or family. But... b-but it wasn't just anger in me when I saw him. It was fear. Terror that I've tried so hard to push down, but... but will never fully go away because of that man."

She slowly looked up at Kara, her expression almost pleading. "I am no mother, especially to someone well in their teens. I know little about Ophidian culture or custom. I am just some human his father picked as his favorite toy... seemingly after he already had a woman who had his child. What... what can I possibly offer him? Other then disappointment?"

"You can offer him stability. Offer him a smile when he accomplishes something and give him a shoulder to cry on when he is sad. Unfortunately... You are not wrong. His father is a growing trend among Ophidians. A... Sad truth is that many abandon the old ways because they see them as too restrictive and formal. That does not matter to Lyr though. All he cares about is that the laws offer to replace something precious to him that he lost. His mother was... Extraordinary. Devastation does not begin to describe how he was when told the news. When I told him about you... He was so adamant. So eager. He knew you were different. But he thought that wouldn't matter." Kara crossed one leg over the other. "But now he has seen that the laws lied to him. He has no family now. He will hold to the laws for a small while. One does not,hold onto what they don't believe in for long though. The moment,he ran out the door, he is now on,the same path as his father. A path... I will be so bold as to say you just openly pushed him towards."

"Okay, okay... I get it." Mina stepped around the desk and walked up to her old friend, giving her a soft smile. "Come on. Help me go find him."

Standing up, it was quite a sight seeing the small runt of the slaves now be larger than Mina in almost every single way. Before they left, Kara leaned down and gave Mina a prolonged, loving kiss. When she pulled back, she rubbed Mina's cheek. "Just as amazing as I remember it being."

Even Mina couldn't help but blush. "Heh... looks like not everything about you has changed." She walked to the door and held it open. "You did grow into quite the headturner though."

Kara chuckled lightly, "Thank you. Though this now means that... Me and you will need some private time alone so I can show you all my new tricks. I was a shrimp last time and I never got to... Properly get my turn." Walking behind Mina, her hand ran along her rear as she walked out the office. "He's going to the stable, likely saddling a horse. The faster we get this done, the faster we can catch up. I won't take no for an answer."

"I won't give you one." Mina rushed out, moving with speed and grace to get to the stables with the speed only one knowledgeable with all the ins and outs of the building could accomplish.

Mina quickly outpaced Kara, who seemed to be purposefully lagging behind. When Mina arrived, she easily spotted Lyr by a honey haired mare that must have belonged to him already half saddled. She could hear the faint sounds of crying.

"Hey!" She ran over to him, needing a second to catch her breath. "Where are you going?"

"It is clear I am not wanted. I am heading back to Kemar. I will find a job... Try and start over from nothing." The young man told her. Despite the sorrow, he forced himself to sound firm.

"Oh, come on. Don't tell me you're giving up that easily." Mina placed her hands on her hips. "You came all this way, and you're just going to walk away because I said a few hurtful things? Where is that Ophidian fire? Aren't you going to stick around and make me accept you as my son?"

"No..." Lyr said in a sudden solemn voice. "I do not deserve that. Not after all the pain you were caused by my father. I... I am just a reminder of him. Only someone as cruel as him would wish to stay knowing what I know."

Mina sighed. "Yeah, well... you know, you came to me, seeking guidance from me as a mother despite being human. You didn't let any preconceptions slow you down, and then I ended up doing just that. Kara told me what your father did was considered taboo among your people, and how hurtful it was to compare you to him. I... I couldn't let you leave here without saying I'm sorry for that. Truly."

With a deep breath, he turned around, the Ophidian boy looking at Mina with reddened reptilian eyes, "The whole way here all I wanted was to find acceptance from you. You are not my blood. Not my kind. But... I still wish you to be a mother to me. You can never replace what I have lost. But you can fill the hole. A hole I want to be filled."

Mina gave him a sad smile. "I... I'm not the easiest woman to deal with. But I'm willing to give it a try if you are." After a moment's hesitation, she waved him over. "Come here."

Lyr gave Mina a look of trepidation, then cautiously began walking towards her.

Once he was close enough, Mina wrapped her arms around him, holding him tight. "Welcome home, Lyr."

His eyes widened slowly, putting his arms around Mina himself before sniffling and then laying his head on her shoulder, the fifteen year old Ophidian beginning to cry like a child.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Shifting Sands: Making up for Lost Time
Part One

Warning:
The following post contains sexually explicit content. While it contains a couple character moments, there are no major story developments in it. If this type of writing makes you uncomfortable, feel free to skip it. Reader's discretion is advised.

For Kara, learning the layout of the Havenbrook Manor was not too hard at all with the time she had with Wilhelmina going to reconcile with her new son. She found the aesthetic rather boring and plain as opposed to her own people's but if this was to be home for now, she would make it work. Most interesting of all was exploring Mina's bedroom next to her office. The fact she had taken a liking to comfort was showing, and she hopped onto the bed with a lazy sigh, snuggling up with Mina's pillow.

"Making yourself at home, I see," Mina said with a laugh, stepping into the room.

"Well I suppose this place is for now. Kemar's instability at the moment makes things difficult. Taking some time away will be good." Sitting up, the Ophidian woman crossed her legs as she held the pillow close to her torso. "I am an amazing housekeeper. Being a slave, you have to be. Not to mention Lyr will be more comfortable adjusting with a friendly face around."

Mina nodded. "Well, you're welcome of course. But not as a slave. Slavery is not legal in this country, and even if it was, I wouldn't stand for it. Especially not with you."

"Oh? Is that so?" Kara gave her a suggestive look as she stood up and went to her. "Well perhaps I can be an... Indentured servant." A hand caressed her face, "I don't remember anyone saying you weren't my Queen anymore."

Mina smiled at her. "You know none of that is needed anymore, right. In fact, I was... just thinking about how bad I felt that you were forced to serve me like that. Must have been tough having some no name human come along and have the Ophidians wait on her like she was special."

"Maybe the others thought that. But I saw you like a Queen, like the goddess you were praised to be. I looked up to you in a way I don't think I could truly ever express to give it justice. The moments I served you were my happiest as a slave." Wrapping her arms around Mina, her hands rested on her rear.

Mina chuckled a bit nervously. "You, um... you still have that... over active libido?"

Kara's face turned mischievous. "If I remember correctly, a certain someone didn't exactly mind."

Mina gave her a skeptical look. "A certain someone was drugged, remember. Even if I... remember it being fairly... ahem, pleasant."

"Are you telling me my Queen that you would rather me let go of you at this moment after being pressed up against me for several moments and walk out the door like nothing happened?" Kara asked, calling her bluff.

Mina swallowed slowly, a bead of sweat forming on her brow. "Well, I... wouldn't say that exactly, no."

"Well then... How about we start this off on a better note than?" Leaning down, Kara kissed Mina, forcing her tongue past the woman's lips, the reptilian body part wrapping around her human one.

Despite everything, including her own sexual preferences, Mina couldn't compel herself to resist. Rather, she instead found herself returning the sign of affection in full.

For several minutes Kara refused to let Mina go, enjoying the moment way to much to want to stop. Letting go was a chore, but she did for a specific purpose. "Want to 'dance'... a duet?"

"Oh?" Mina grinned. "Sure... as long as you don't still have two left feet."

"I've learned a lot about how to do it better then when I was younger." Looking over the woman, she smirked, "But you know how we dance in Kemar. It's tradition."

Mina nodded, slowly unbuttoning her shirt. "I, of course, am never one to break tradition."

Kara slowly began stripping down herself till every article of clothing was disposed to the side, the Ophidian even more stunning when naked. "If there is one thing that monster had right it was your body resembled a goddess.

Mina looked down at her slim yet fit figure, with a modest bust and long, smooth legs. "I don't think a goddess would have so many small nicks and scars everywhere."

"I love them." She said, slowly walking behind the woman and placing her hands on Mina's hips. She slowly began moving sensually.

Mina shook her hips back and forth, closing her eyes. "I wonder... what my hunters would think if they saw me now, dancing and swaying naked with a nude snake woman."

"They would probably wonder what they would have to do in order to get in here and ravage you." Kara whispered into her ear, fingers fluttering over her entrance before the touch disappeared.

Mina pushed back a bit, letting her back rub against Kara's chest. "Word is, some feel that way already. I try and I try to present an image of authority, but still there are those who look at me and just wonder... what is she like in the sack?"

"Mmm... Maybe we will have one big Mina orgy. Being surrounded by so many people who want to please you seems to be a secret kink of yours." Kara let go of Mina and stepped back, raising her arms and twisting her body in an exotic dance meant to stimulate even those of the opposite sex. The fact her body glistened was a plus, her scales and smooth skin sparkling like small diamonds.

Mina turned to watch her for a few moments before slowly approaching, dancing as she did. "You know, I'm... normally not attracted to other women. But you... there is something intoxicating about you."

"Maybe it is because of our... Special connection. Not many share what we do." Kara turned, flaunting everything.

Mina took her in, smiling widely. "How is it your body could have grown so different, yet I find you even more alluring now then I did back then, wine free?"

"I'm going to take that as an insult. I was adorable back then." The Ophidian female contested, wanting to see Mina's moves after all these years.

Somehow, Mina's skills hadn't diminished. Perhaps she simply retained what she had learned quite well, or perhaps, in a more lewd option, she had continued to practice. Either way, she remained just as limber, shaking her hips back and forth, running her hands up and down her chest. Her eyes locked on Kara's with a look of wanting.

With a slight sigh of happiness, Kara went close to Mina, pushing her to the bed and sitting her down. Getting on her knees, she took one of the guild leader's feet, slowly massaging them.

"Mmm..." Mina let out a content sigh. "You know... I'm starting to get the impression that you get off on making others feel good. If so, you would make the perfect wife... or mistress."

"Mistress has a ring to it. Especially if Mina's is in the front of it." As the rubbing continued, she noted, "If I remember... Someone gets off from their feet."

MIna smiled down at her. "That isn't the only thing I like to be rubbed."

"I remember that quite clearly. Though patience can be a virtue." Taking her foot, she kissed it several times, looking up with a wide snakey grin.

Mina pouted as she looked down at her. "Were you always such a tease? Your mistress has an itch she wants scratched."

"Oh fine. I remember you being more accepting of foreplay." Kara leaned forwards, her forked tongue disappearing in between her legs.

Mina gasped, resisting the urge to close her legs. "Th-that was back when... i-it hadn't been over twelve years... K-Kara."

She paused for a few moments. "You... Missed me?"

Mina gave her a sweet smile. "I meant what I said before. You three were the only good memory I had, I there was many a days when I thought about little Kara, wondering how you were doing and thinking... how she was the one Ophidian I would love to see again some day."

"I thought a lot about you too. It helped get through the pains of the day," she returned to what she was doing, moving with more purpose than before.

Mina panted heavily, her hips fidgeting back and forth. "Kara... I want to... make you feel good too."

Kara did nothing to stop, in fact even going more intensely.

Mina panted harder and harder, moaning louder and louder. "Kara... please, I... I'm almost..."

The Ophidian pulled her tongue out, smiling as she moved up, pressing her moist lips against Mina's before she finished. Mina wrapped her arms around the woman and held her tightly. She pressed her hips up, up into Kara's leg as she climaxed.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Shifting Sands: Making up for Lost Time
Part Two

In her moment of pleasure, she found herself brought into somewhere different. It was a Kemarian tent, filled with soft carpets and plush pillows. Mina herself lay on the largest of them, unchanged and panting from her orgasm. "I heard from a small birdie you fear Ophidian men." Kara's said, but unseen. Three like snake boys entered, innocent looking but eager. One of them was a little reminiscent of her Guild's dragon. "I think we ought to do a bit of therapy. You were about to regress into a memory when you climaxed. I guess it happens a lot, so instead I brought you here. To face you fear and turn it into something you'll like. It is time you faced my kind."

Mina looked between each of them in turn, her eyes wandering south. After a minute, she slowly smiled, and got up on her hands and knees. Turning around and wiggling her butt a bit, she said, "Your queen has been neglected for a long time. So much work, so little fun. She desires you to show her how well you can treat a woman."

"Yes Queen Havenbrook." The one that looked like Drayce said. He approached her but cleared his throat. "I-If you want ma'am, you can look at me. You are not an animal to be taken. Unless this is what you want." the young Ophidian said courteously.

Mina slowly turned around and looked him in the eyes. For a moment, his appearance brought guilt to her heart as she thought about what he had to go through. Pushing it aside, she gently cupped his cheek and kissed his lips. "How could I think such handsome, charming young things are scary?"

"Thank you Queen Mina." He moved aside some clothing and his member came out of his body like it did for some males. When she looked back up, the Drayce look alike smiled as he pressed past her lower lips and into her tight insides with a moist squish.

Mina gasped. Aside from the single time with her secret love, it had been years since she had a man. "It feels... so good." She wrapped her legs around him and pressed him forward.

He thrust intensely, not caring about slowness. The second one that slithered forward was the only one who had a snake's lower half. He merely waited with his hip by her face, demanding nothing as the first boy ravaged her insides.

Mina rocked back and forth as she looked up at the second comer. "I think I... can give you... some attention too." She reached under the sash around his waist, finding him willing and ready as she slowly stroked him. "Such strong, manly boys."

The second shook, letting out quick pants as he was teased. "Please Lady Havenbrook, I would like... M-More please." He asked as he shook.

Mina chuckled, squeezing him tightly. As his underside gave way a bit, it put him at the perfect height to tenderly wrapped her lips around him.

The snake boy let out a cry of excitement, letting Mina work her magic. After several minutes, the grunts of both the boys heightened as they finished, Mina being pumped full of fluids, the sweet taste in her mouth and her past experience with the stuff contradicting one another ensuring Mina this was still just a dream. When she opened her eyes, the two boys were gone and she was left with the last who looked different then her first glance at him. A spitting image of her rapist and by extension: her new son. He merely waited with arms crossed, saying nothing.

Mina slow stood up and crossed her own arms, looking him up and down. "Take off you clothes and lay down," she ordered. He frowned at her but said nothing, standing unmoving. She stomped over to him and got into his face. "Do it! It is time you do what I want, not the other way around."

His face tightened slightly, but finally he stripped down, being much more endowed than the boys had been, and laid down complacently. Mina walked over to him, kneeling down and running her lower lips along his throbbing member, slowly moving up and down without inserting. "You thought of me as your precious little subject. A queen in name, but a slave at heart. I wonder... could you have even satisfied me without your precious drug?" She leaned forward and brought their faces close together. "Should we find out? With me in control this time?"

The man scowled up at her, then his expression softened, becoming more submissive, "Yes, Queen Mina."

Mina scoffed and stood up. "Well, too bad. Because even in an illusion, I would never bring myself down to you level." She stepped off him, folding her arms once more and glaring down at him. "That's a good place for you, down on the floor. I just hope the real you can hear this from whatever dark corner of hell you're in; I'm beyond you. Nothing you did has stopped me from moving on. And while you are dead in the ground, I am here to make sure your son never becomes anything like you. He is better than you. I am better than you. You are, and always have been, nothing."

With a frown, he disappeared into the ground, someone entering in through the tent flaps. He was extremely handsome, though Mina couldn't understand who he was. The platinum blonde hair seemed familiar but that was about it. He approached her slowly, his clothes slowly materializing off his body. He was well built, and tall, and his eyes appear soft and caring though when they looked at Mina it was like looking at fine art. His arms went around her and a large member pressed against her rear as he lifted her up, so he could hold her, sliding her down so he could push all the way up into her backdoor.

Mina cried out in orgasmic glee. Even though she didn't recognize him at first, she felt that she knew him. Knew him and wanted him more then anything.

He held her in big, strong arms, whispered things in her ear to make the sternest most chaste woman blush all the while being gentle and intense all at once, making her feel like more of a woman then her husband or the boys could bring her to. It was entirely different then when she was with a woman. There, both women were the focal point. In this moment, it was all about Mina.

She grasped him tightly, arms and legs around him like she was holding on for dear life. Sweat glistened and dripped down her body. Her breast bounced up and down rhythmically. She wanted him to push deep and move faster to make it more intense. She wanted him to move slower and more sensually to make it last longer. She wanted to be in this moment forever, but she could feel her conclusion rapidly approaching.

She felt the pressure leave her rear, but soon it was replaced in her dripping front entrance, giving her the best drilling she had ever conceived experiencing before a thick fluid shot up into her womb.

Mina cried out with little care in the world as she was left awash in orgasmic delight. She collapsed against her mystery man, silent in her attempt to catch her breath. After a while, she smiled softly and whispered, "I hope I... have a boy as... kind and strong... as you..."

"Boys are so boring though... I think you really want a girl." A female voice said, and when Mina opened her eyes, she was on top of Kara who was sucking in breath like she couldn't breath. Mina's fingers in between her legs indicated that although she had her fantasy in her head, her real self was actually paying back her Ophidian lover quite effectively. "I knew your breasts were swelling a bit. You should have told me you were pregnant. I couldn't even tell, just thought you maybe gained some weight. Shana had the same thing happen to her when she was pregnant."

Mina needed a moment to regain her bearings, and sighed contently, resting her head against Kara's ample breasts and slowly running her leg along the snake girl's inner thigh. "Didn't even notice myself, but now that you mention it..." She smiled. "That is quite the trick you learned."

"It helped out quite a bit with men who had strange wants." After a few moments, she let out a sigh. "Did you ever know Shana had a child?"

"No, I didn't." Mina slowly sat up. "Whatever happened to her?"

"She escaped the raid fortunately. I actually managed to find her. She had moved to the capital. Started a wondrous life for her and her boy. Unfortunately... Nature took her too soon. She always told me she prayed you were safe. Said she always wanted her son to meet you. Even went so far as to ask me if I could make that come true on her deathbed."

Mina turned her head away to hide her guilty look. "And... what of the boy?"

"Well... Let it never be known I have broken a promise to a friend." She whispered into Mina's ear sweetly.

Mina slowly smiled. "Knowing that, I guess I'll have to take extra good care of him, huh?"

"Yeah. Another part of the reason I am here. To make sure you do just that." Slowly petting the top of Mina's head, she gave the guild master a long kiss as she pulled the blankets over them.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Shifting Sands: Fitting In
Part One

The next day.

Lyr was in the training yard behind the manor, twirling his Ophidian spear in his right hand slowly as he circled a training dummy like a wolf would an injured prey. He outstretched his arm, stabbing the straw figure once, sidestepping and slicing the tip against the dummy's fake neck, ending with a spin kick by planting the butt of the spear into the ground and finishing the spin with a stab to the heart. The snake teen took a few deep breaths, closing his eyes. "Still too sloppy..."

Around him, several of the other hunters gave him wary looks. After all, they weren't exactly used to an Ophidian in their midst, and his race didn't exactly do much to ease the bad image many had of them. Mina, however, wanted to gave him a chance. He was her son after all, at least by their customs. "Didn't look all that sloppy to me," she said as she walked up.

"It is more the feeling of sloppiness then the presentation. I could have been faster. More precise. I felt like I wasn't either." The golden haired young man looked at his mother with a flaccid look, "You are my mother but that doesn't mean you have to be my friend. I have already accepted your apology and it seems you being around me damages your hunter's perspective of you."

Mina's looked around the room at the others, then back to Lyr. "Well... if I am to be your mother, I should get to know you more. As well as your customs. Like, for example, what are mother-son relationships like for your people?"

"They are very personal endeavors. When Ophidians are small children it is expected of mothers to put all their effort into their child. When you reach young adulthood, it is time for the child to begin giving back to the mother. Taking care of their physical needs when they are having pains or sickness, to bathe them should they wish. There are no secrets between a mother and child as well. Things are always open. Emotionally and mentally. The one thing we do not do is give our mother fantasies of being spit-roasted by two nubile slave Ophidians." Lyr gave her a small, knowing smile.

Mina's eyes widened in shock. "H-how did... you... Kara... Kara told..."

"My and Kara's relationship is a very close one. There are no secrets between the two of us either." Her green eyed son looked directly into Mina's, his smile not wavering, "Though our culture never says we have to share with those not strictly close to us. I am curious though... Was it enjoyable?"

"W-well... it was more of a learning experiment to help me with my fears." Mina looked around to make sure no one else was in earshot. "But it wasn't... unenjoyable..."

"Hmph... I heard Kara is going to your chambers again. That girl is never satisfied. She was out of her mind the entire journey here because she kept saying she was saving herself for you." Laying his spear against the wall, he ran a hand through his golden hair. "What... Did you think about my mother when you knew her?"

Mina smiled sadly. "Like the other two... she was the only one I had good memories of when I got away. She was kind and gentle... motherly, really, and it is not surprising now. The other two hand the tenacity, but your mother took care of me." Her smile slowly failed, and she practically whispered, "I should have gone back."

"No one blames you for not doing so. It is too late to regret either. Mother... Is in a better place. And in her passing, I gained... Something wonderful." Reaching up, he put a hand on Mina's cheek and kissed the one he had not touched. "Another woman I am honored to call mother."

She smiled at him. "I'm honored. And a, uh... a bit surprised. I get that your father wasn't the exception to how your people treat women, but it is also commonly believed that Ophidians, well... don't really care much for anyone that isn't an Ophidian."

"This... Is true. But you were someone special to my mother. When I first learned of you, I did not care either. Until you came to me before I left and offered your heart and home to me. I do not care about anyone other than you here, but that is because I am here for you. No one else."

"Well, I hope that doesn't stop you from making a friend or two. A healthy social life is important for a growing boy. And I know a few people who would actually love the chance to meet an Ophidian face to face." Mina bit her lip. "Oh, but if this really short woman with long ears asks for a sample of your blood, she doesn't mean it in a bad way."

"I... What? Why would she want some blood? That sounds like a threat to me." he mumbled in warning.

Mina held up her hands. "That's why I'm warning you. She does experiments on it. She's a mage and a scientist... and a little weird."

"I... See. Should I even let her have any blood? She doesn't do voodoo does she?" Lyr asked with a vague superstitious defense.

"She won't push it if you say no," Mina answered, not wanting to admit she wasn't sure what Erin did with it. "A-anyway... my point is that I want you to feel at home. As in, this is your home now. I'm sure this is all strange and a little scary for you, but... but I want this to work."

With a sigh, Lyr took his spear and spun it in hand. "Let's fight."

Mina laughed. "W-what? You wanna... spar with me?"

"Yeah. You're my mother, not my wet nurse. Teach me how strong the conqueror of my father truly is." This time, the smile he gave her held no smugness, only pride.

"Alright." Mina walked to the side of the room, looking over the various weapons. "I'm willing to bet Ophidians don't use practice weapons when they spar. Am I right?"

"What would be the point if they weren't? People don't use wooden swords in real life." Lyr affirmed.

"True enough." Mina grabbed a saber and a rapier, and led her son to the sparring ring. "You have the advantage in both strength and weapon length though. I do hope you'll go easy on me."

"Don't lie to me mother. I am nowhere near as strong as you." He took a readied stance. "Any blind man could clearly see that."

"Maybe. But remember that confidence in your own abilities is important in any fight. But either way, I won't hold back. Make sure you don't either." Rapier at her side, saber pointed forward, Mina rolled her neck and said, "Begin."

Lyr ran forwards, swinging from below with the tail end of the spear to push away the sabre. His leg came swinging up trying to hit Mina's head with a heel kick.

He's fast!
Mina quickly fell away, cartwheeling backwards to get some distance. And aggressive. Maybe telling him not to hold back was a bad idea. Landing on her feet, she quickly took a defensive stance.

Her golden haired son kept his distance as well and did not move to attack. He had the reach advantage but he knew that surprising her again would not work. Lyr stood fast, waiting for her to make the first move as he stared her down.

So intense. So focused. He would make an excellent Hunter.
Mina made her move, charging forward. She ducked to the side where she judged his range to be, going for the side she judged to be his non-dominant arm.

Lyr was taken a bit off guard by her own speed and precision, bringing his weapon around so her swords clashed with the metal shaft of his weapon, sliding them off and aiming the butt to hit her stomach but he stopped himself from doing so, leaving himself open for an attack.

Mina quickly dodged to the right and swung her free hand towards his head. When she connected, she gasped in shock. "Oh, gods! I'm sorry!"

Lyr fell to the ground, groaning as he held his head. After a little bit of rubbing, he started to laugh.

Mina knelt down next to him. "I'm glad you have a good sense of humor about being punched in the head. Are you okay? What happened back there? I know you're faster then that."

"You cheating with that cargo in your stomach." The Ophidian informed her in a whisper, "Luckily for you I don't have that."

"O-oh!" Mina looked away in embarrassment. "I honestly forgot. It is a good thing Kara told you about that, huh?"

"Yeah." Slowly standing, he gave Mina a kiss on the forehead, "Perhaps another training partner would be better. I love you, and do not wish to harm you until you are fully able to fight without threatening a life."

She nodded. "Thank you." She chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck. "You know... I was nervous about how you and I might get along. It isn't exactly easy suddenly being a mother to someone who has grown up so much without you so much. But I... well, let's just say I'm really glad you came here. I'm honestly looking forward to getting to know you."

"Thank you, mother." Lyr said with a nod of his head, "I... Am glad you accepted me."

"Of course." MIna placed a hand on her belly as it growl lightly and laughed nervously. "Eating for two now. Guess I better leave you to your training for now and get a bite to eat, huh?"

Lyr nodded, looking across the room. "I don't care what others say. I am happy with you."

Mina patted him on the shoulder and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. "I couldn't agree more."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Shifting Sands: Fitting In
Part Two

Several days later, and people were slowly getting used to seeing a pair of Ophidians around the manor, even if it did through them off when one of the two walked into a room. Lyr was training once more, the proud warrior always ready to improve his skills. However, after several days, he had picked up on something he hadn't noticed at first. An Elf was watching him. Plenty of people gave him wary looks, but one Elf in particular seemed to keep and eye on him. Lyr would catch him watching him out of the corner of his eye. Even see an irritated glare here and there.

Finally, during one day of training Lyr had gotten enough. He approached the elf, crossing his arms. "Can I help you?"

"Excuse me?" Eraqus slowly pumped a dumbbell up and down. "I don't remember saying I need something from you."

"Then wipe the glare off your face. It's bugging me, elf." Lyr growled.

The sound of the dumbbell hitting the ground echoed throughout the room. Eraqus rose to his feet, standing a few inches taller then Lyr. "I don't take orders from snakes."

"Is that so? What's your problem pointy ears? Afraid of being inferior?" The golden haired snake questioned.

"Inferior to what, fork tongue? Inferior to you?" The tan skinned Elf shook his head. "That would make me laugh if I wasn't busy fighting the urge to punch your scaly face."

"Try it." Lyr threatened.

Eraqus took a step forward. "Sure you won't cry to mommy if I kick you slimy ass? I know how you Ophidians are. Sore losers."

Without much warning, Lyr threw a punch. "Should have did it when you had the chance instead of blabbing!"

Eraqus was knocked back by the punch. He wiped some blood from his mouth, looking at it on his hand and chuckling. "And you should have given me something better then that as an opening attack." He sprang up, taking a swing of his own at Lyr.

Lyr shifted to the side, grabbing hold of Eraqus' arm and kicking out his leg so the man flew over the Ophidian's shoulder and onto the floor.

He landed with a loud 'OOF!', but quickly recovered. Springing up to his feet, he let loose a roundhouse kick back at Lyr.

The kick connected, the snake rolling along the floor. He had a cut on the side of his head so now a small stream of blood came down his face but he charged nonetheless.

Eraqus held out his arms, the two clashing. Eraqus planted his feet against the ground, struggling against Lyr's impressive strength. "If you think... I'll accept an Ophidian here... after all your people have done... you out of your mind!"

"I don't need your acceptance. My mother accepts me. That's all I need!" Shoving Eraqus back to break his defense, Lyr ran forwards and tackled the elf to the ground, making a fist to start pounding on his opponent.

Eraqus held up his arms to block his punches. "She isn't your mother! I don't know what you said to bewitch her, but I won't let you people use her again!"

"Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!" With each swing, his blows got stronger and stronger.

Eraqus tried to fight back, but soon he was completely on defensive, and that too quickly started to fail as more and more of Lyr's punches connected. Seeing the fight become one sided, several hunters ran over to try and pull the snake man off Eraqus. It wasn't that hard to do, and they were able to pull him off quickly. Two of the pulled him back and held him tight while a large Hunter stepped in front of Lyr. "You hurt Eraqus, we break your face," he said, cracking his knuckles.

Lyr struggled against the two, snarling out, "Give me your best! I dare you!"

The Hunter punch him hard in the stomach, then again, and again. He grabbed Lyr by the hair, lifting his head up and pulling his arm back.

"Let him go!" Eraqus spat out a mouth full of blood. The best he could move right know is kneeling, resting against one of his legs. "This... is between the Ophidian... and me! No one told you to interfere... and no one told you to... to beat him like a bunch of school yard bullies! Let... him go!"

The other hunters quickly released him, stepping away.

Lyr dropped to the floor, coughing several times trying to resist the urge to throw up. He balled his hands into fists, shaking as he tried to stand, "C-Come on you... Bastards. I'm not... Done yet..."

The others looked like they might step forward, but Eraqus limped forward, and waved for them to leave. "Why?" he asked. "Why are you really here? What do you want from Mina?"

"That's between... Me... And her..." Forcing himself to his feet, Lyr lunged forward for a weak attack.

Eraqus didn't block it, taking it head on to make up for the others interfering. He fell back again, and slowly rose to his feet. "Nearly fifty years ago... I work for a guild in the Duchy. All the time, I had to listen to another story of your people killing and plundering. But I had this friend, Benny... the only friend I had ever had at this point. He was so sure that Ophidians were just misunderstood. He was always the first to defend your people and insist that, if we tried a little harder to open communications, we could live in piece." He swung angrily, hit Lyr with a glancing blow. "Then those bastards kidnapped the Prince on his way home from visiting relatives! And Benny offered to negotiate to save the Prince! Wanna guess how that turned out?!" He swung again, a slow, tired right hook.

Lyr put up his arm to defend against it, taking his fist and driving it into Eraqus' gut, "I... Don't particularly... Care. I am not... All... Ophidians..."

Eraqus coughed loudly, dropping to his knees. He placed one arm over his stomach while the other rested on the ground to support himself. "Over... over ten years ago... she woke up screaming. She was only a sixteen years old, but the things she told me between sobs. The torment in her young heart over what that... beast did to her. I have never forgotten the anger I felt."

Lyr grit his teeth, taking deep breaths and stepping forwards. Grabbing Eraqus' collar, he pulled him up to his level. "Stop... Feeling so sorry for yourself. You aren't... The only one in this damn world who is angry. I know about everything damn you. I'm his son... And I carry a great burden on my shoulders. I won't... Ever give in though. I won't... End up like him. I will... Protect my mother with my life. While I'm at it, I will... Show the world... That I am here. That I... Am more... Then my race. You hear me... You... Bastard...?" Lyr raised his fist again slowly but fell to the side, dragging the elf down with him.

Eraqus panted heavily, the short but fierce fight taking everything out of him. He rolled onto his back, staring up at the ceiling. "You're... not bad, you know? That was a... good fight."

There was no response from Lyr, who was unconscious on his side.

Eraqus looked over to him. "Shit..." He slowly sat up, and waved for some of the guys to come back and take them both to the infirmary.

An hour later, Lyr woke to the sound of yelling.

"I don't want to hear it! What the hell were you thinking? Answer, you weren't!"

"You don't know... I was only trying to protect..."

"Oh, don't you DARE try and make this about me! This is about you. He is different from any of them I have ever known, but instead of seeing that for yourself..." A pause. "And I do not need your protection! I am not a child anymore. The forty-seven years of loyal service is the only reason you aren't already being thrown out, but I'm still considering it! Now get out of here!"

Lyr slowly opened his eyes, slowly starting to sit up but it was a futile endeavor as he had to lay back down from the pain he felt in his side.

Mina looked over, and quickly moved to his side. "Please, don't try and get up. You have some bruised ribs. It'll be a bit before you get into any more fights with a bunch of former Hunters."

"Former? Tch." Lyr shook his head with a bitter laugh, "Too bad. I was hoping to get stronger by beating up on them."

"You... I..." Mina gave him a surprised look. "Lyr, they... they ganged up on you. Don't you think I should fire them for that?"

"They caught me off guard is all." Her son said, waving a dismissive hand. "If I had used even a tenth of my power, they would have been nothing but screaming punching bags."

Mina laughed, and rubbed his. "Alright. They can stick around." Her smile quickly faded. "I'm sorry, Lyr. I... I-I don't think this is the typical way my Hunters will react to you. But then again, Eraqus is supposed to be one of my best and an example for the others. I... he surprised me today. I... I just want you to feel at home."

"You have to let me fight my own battles sometimes. I am the one supposed to be protecting you. I'm stronger then I let on. I can't have you getting wrinkles on my behalf."

Mina rubbed his cheek. "I'll try, alright. It is hard though. I just got a son. A big, tough son, but my instincts are to protect you. But I'll try to avoid smothering you." She smiled. "But the next time someone tries to give you a rough time over a few scales on your body, you put them in their place, alright?"

"Encouraging violence. You really are something... Mother." Lyr told the woman with a grin.

"I try to be." She leaned forward, kissing him on the forehead, and stood up. "I'm going to leave you to get some rest. Don't strain yourself until the doctor says it's okay, alright?"

With a nod, Lyr closed his eyes once more, trying to find restful sleep.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
Love & Family
Part One

Outside the Havenbrook Manor
May 26th, 3349

Charter rode on Slone to a riverside and told Slone to go into the forest. The river itself had a waterfall, Charter took off his regular clothes and dove into the water and swam for a bit. Charter reemerged and pulled his hair back and sat on the edge, Charter closed his eyes and remembered a memory he had in the Legion.

Charter remembered seeing a man tied up and on his knees with a rope over his mouth. "Now Charter this is your first assignment, choose your weapon and excite this man!"

"Um what did this man do?"

"What he did doesn't matter, this is an order now kill the man!"

Charter grabbed the sword and pointed at the man's neck, but he put the sword down.

The instructor punched Charter and picked the sword back up. "Do not turn away from this, Charter killing is the way of the world. We can not capture every criminal that we have, some times to protect the ones you care for. When you start to think who this person is, or over think what he did you’re dead. No once again kill this man!"

The man put the sword back in Charters hand, Charter looked at the man and slowly put the sword in his throat as he closed his eyes and looked away. The instructor turned Charters head back to the man.

"Do not turn away, look in his eyes. See the life fade from him as he struggles. Charter plunged the sword deeper into the man until he lady lifeless on the floor, Charter then vomited on the floor. "Ugh you have a long way to go boy."

Charter remembered the first kill he made clear as day, and sees how far he's come. Elma your shouldn't have come here.

He heard the sound of a galloping horse a short distance away. "Charter?!" a familiar voice called out. "Where are you?"

Charter opened his and sees Esmeralda." Taking a bath, would you like to join me I could use the company?"

"O-oh!" Esmeralda rode up and blushed, turning her head away a bit. "U-um... i-if you... w-want me to. Not used to bathing... you know, outdoors."

"It's not as bad as you think, actually it's quite comfortable. Need me to help you with the process?"

"N-no, I'm... I'm okay." Es hopped off her horse, leading it to a tree and trying it off. She ducked behind the animal and carefully removed her clothes, placing them in the bag on the horse's side. Esmeralda was an odd ball in many ways. One of many examples of that was how she tried to cover herself up with her arms as she walked over, extremely bashful despite having been intimate with Charter on many an occasion. "I-I'm coming over."

"Es I've seen you naked before, there's no reason for you to be shy. And besides, who is going to be watching us from out here?"

"I-I don't know. I mean... s-someone could come by and... and I'm sure you don't mind people seeing that... you know, h-hot body of yours, but... I don't want them to see me." Esmeralda slipped into the small lake, the water coming to just above her chest.

Charter walked towards Es and brought her closer to him."Why not, I mean you're body is esoteric as well. But you're my woman, let them be jealous you don't give yourself credit."

Esmeralda scrunched her nose a bit. "You don't think my belly is a bit to flubbery? Or that my butt is too flat? I heard someone say that about me once."

"The gods themselves would be jealous of your beauty, the woman all a cross Terra would envy you. Does that boost your confidence? Or do I need to show you what I think of you?" Charter started kiss Esmeralda’s neck.

She finally smiled and leaned against him. "You always make me feel better, Charter." She closed her eyes, pressing her head against his chest and listening to his heartbeat. "What were you doing out here alone, by the way? Is everything okay?"

"I came out here to think, I have so much to go over. Me saying I love you,my sister coming here. Speaking of which did you tell your family I'm a noble?"

Esmeralda slowly shook her head. "I, um... I was hoping, when the time was right... you could help me with that."

"Yea going to be difficult mentioning to your folks, hey mom and dad that knight i'm dating turns out he's a noble and is insanely rich."

"I can ask Lady Havenbrook if we can use the manor's scrying disk," Esmeralda offered. "That way, we can talk to them in person. My sister told me father finally got one himself in her last letter."

"Well then guess I could do that, my family has had one for years. Helps with discussing trade as well as other thing that." Charter started to rub Esmeralda back, "But we can wait, I still want to pay you back, for that mouth trick you did. And I think I know how."

Esmeralda giggled. "Is that so? And how would you do that?"

Charter grabbed Esmerelda and lifter her out of the water, and gently placed her on her back. As Charter spread Es, and started to lick Es most sensitive area.

She gasped in excitement and surprise, looking around. "Ch-Charter! I-I... w-what if... s-someone comes a-along?"

Charter drove his tongue deeper into her, ignoring her at first. He then released Es and looked at her. "I don't care, I wish please the woman I care about." Charter went back to what he was doing, only driving his tongue deeper into Esmeralda.

Esmeralda lightly grasped the sides of his head. She tried to keep her voice down, not wanting to attract any undue attention. But as her lover moved and deeper, her moans got louder and louder, until she could no longer hold back. Her hips pushed forward, her toes curled, and her heart beat faster and faster. Finally, after only a few minutes of Charter showing a different meaning to having a sharp tongue, Esmeralda reached her end, letting out a loud, echoing cry of orgasmic delight as she moistened Charter's face, her body showing exactly how much it had enjoyed it.

Charter went under the water washing his face a bit, he emerged embracing his lover. "I take it that, I did a very good job with that. Not bad for someone that was only a virgin a few months ago?"

After catching her breath, she asked, "Were you really? 'Cause you're a little too good, if you ask me."

Charter kisses Esmeralda and picked her up." I read a lot, dirty books have there advantages."

Es placed her head against his chest. "Charter... I want you to be honest with me. It is important. Did you... feel forced into saying you love me?"

"Es when I was eighteen, I swore an oath to defend the land from anything that would threaten it. I swore to the gods them self that I would be there champion, that gods that want to help people I would carry out their will. This meant, I closed off my feelings, for a long time I felt nothing not the blood on my face or the wounds that I took or the injuries I had. I was a walking killing machine, then I came here. Here I don't have an oath or have anyone depend on me. I can be myself, so to answer your question yes I do love you it was not forced. I will bring you to my home and make you a noblewoman by my side, you will never have to work in the dirt again or worry about slave traders capturing you. You can have the library you want or anything you want."

Esmeralda sighed contently. "I really did get lucky when I found you." She giggled. "I'm glad I didn't scare you away. Some people say I can be a little weird, though I just say they haven't seen how my family is."

"Hum speaking of which, I should probably meet them. Or do you wish to continue where we left off, because I won't lie Es part of me wants to see you with my child. Must be those primal instincts kicking in, see as to where we are."

Esmeralda blinked in surprise. "Moving faster and faster, aren't we." She reached up and kissed him. "Maybe I'll take you up on that. But I think you should meet my parents before getting me pregnant."

"A fair point, dry yourself off. We should head back so we can both have this meeting. Because I want you to meet my folks as well."

The pair climbed out of the lake and used a towel Charter had brought with to dry off. After peaking at each other for a while when they thought the other one wasn't looking, they finally got dressed and headed back to the manor.

In Mina's office, the lady of the house placed a saucer-shaped object, about the size of a dinner plate, onto her desk. It glowed with magical energy, giving off a faint blue light. Pointing to the buttons on the edge, she said, "Use these to adjust to the frequency of the other disk. And be careful with this, Esmeralda. It cost more then you make in half a year, and considering how generously I pay you..."

Esmeralda looked it over, brimming with curiosity. "I didn't realize they were so expensive. No wonder daddy took so long to buy one."

Mina nodded. "I read that someone is working on a way to make them easier and cheaper in the hopes they can one day be in everyone's home. Be nice if he could make them a bit smaller too. At any rate, it'll be your ass if you break it." She looked at Charter. "Both of you."

"Mina don't worry, I will be very careful with this. I mean you in trust me to kill monsters, so I will be gentle with this."

"Killing monsters isn't exactly careful work." She pat him on the shoulder and headed for the door. "I'll give you privacy."

She walked out and closed the door behind her. Esmeralda clapped her hands together in excitement. "Who do you wanna do first? I want you to meet my family, but I really want to meet yours."

"Why not your folks, I'm sure it's been years since they seen you. Plus I really want to meet the people that brought you to me."

"That's true." Es reached into her pocket and pulled out the letter with the right frequency. "I've communicated with all of them through letters, but I haven't seen or talked to them since I left home. I hope things haven't changed too much."

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Love & Family
Part Two

She started working on the dials. "Were things really different for you when you went home?

"For me not much, I'm sure nothing has as in the past few months. Besides I saw them a few months ago, so I can check up on them later."

"As for me, it has been about.. six years. Well..." She hit the large, glowing blue button in the center of all the others. "...here goes nothing."

The disk pulsed, the magic signal emitting from it. After a minute, long enough for Es to bite her finger nervously, it finally connected. There was a sigh, followed by a very bored sounding woman's voice saying, "Thank you for calling Starma Acres, home of the greatest Florist in Lustania. How can I help you?"

Esmeralda let out an excited cry, grabbing Charter's arm and jumping up and down. "That's Safira! My big sister! What do we do?!"

Charter pulled Es into frame. "Just say hello, and be normal."

Es nodded and cleared her throat. "H-hey, Safira. I-it's me..."

"If your don't have any business with us, I'll have to hang up," her sister said in a monotone voice.

"No, no!" Esmeralda quickly said. "It's me, Safira, it's Esmeralda! I was able to get a scrying disk to talk to you."

"Oh..." Safira took a deep breath, and in the same bored voice responded, "Dad said this disk if for business only. And it is business hours. Call back..."

Es rolled her eyes. "Would you just turn on the image already?"

A few moments of silence passed, followed by another sigh. The disk flickered, and an image of Safira appeared before them. She looked like a slightly older Es, but with a thinner frame. She had on dark eye shadow, as well as hair and and lipstick that was such a dark purple, it was practically black. Her expression was as apathetic as her tone. "Better?"

"Wow, if this is what you're going to look like in a few years Es, I can't wait. Though I think your better the way you are. Oh, lady you're Es' sister aren't you, aren't you going to say hello to your sister?"

She sighed, and turned her head to look at Esmeralda. "Hello, Es. It's nice..."

"Hi, Safira!" Esmeralda jumped up and down. "You look great! You'll never guess who this is!"

"He's your boyfriend, Charter Van Dam," Safira muttered.

Es gasped. "That's right! How did you know?" She slapped Charter on the chest. "She is so smart, isn't she?"

Safira blinked slowly, looking at Charter again. "Hello, Mr. Van Dam. Are you interested in ordering any flowers today?"

"Wow aren't you just a bucket of sunshine, you haven't seen your sister in years and yet your being an ass nice to meet you. Now can I meet your father."

"He's busy with a customer," Safira said. "I'll go check on him." She slowly turned her head towards Es, and gave her the smallest of smiles. "It is good to see you again, little sister."

As she walked off, Es smiled at Charter. "Isn't she great? And did you see how happy she was?! I think she really likes you."

"She's definitely a thing, kinda a pain at first glance so I can't crack her personality. But to me she seems like a loner."

"Maybe. But she's a total sweetheart when you get to know her." Es giggled. "She's the one that recommended I try sucking your..."

"Why is this on?" asked a soft voice. A few seconds later, someone peeked their head into view. "H-hello?"

"Rubi!" Esmeralda cried out.

The girl gasped, and pulled her head back. It was another few seconds until she peeked again. "O-oh... h-hello Es. It is good to s-see you."

"I take this is your youngest sister, she looks like a good kid."

"Oh, she is. Just turned eighteen." Es placed her hand on Charter's shoulder. "Rubi, this is my boyfriend, Charter Van Dam."

The timid girl made a light noise of intimidation, but stepped into full view. She too looked a lot like her sister, though was a bit shorter then Es, as well as quite a bit more busty. She had long hair done up in a ponytail, as ruby colored as her name. She lightly grasped the sides of her skirt and did a curtsy. "A-A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Van Dam."

Charter bowed his head to the young Elf." It's an honor to meet you, you're just as beautiful as your sister. Well it helps that you look almost like her."

Rubi blushed fiercely, and bowed her head. "Th-thank y-you. I-I, uh, I g-got to g-get back to w-work. B-but... Nice to... to meet..." She quickly slipped out of frame, knocking something over as she hurried away.

"Such a lady killer, aren't we?" Es patted him on the chest. "Came on a little strong for her, but she'll appreciate the compliment as soon as her blood pressure goes down."

"I try my best to be honest, your sisters a really beautiful. The women of Mirandia will be quite jealous of you three, as well as any noble woman."

"Oh... that is such a nice thing to say!" She leaned over to kiss him. Before she did, however, she quickly faced forward and stood up straight.

An older man stepped into view. He looked to be around Eraqus' age, still young looking but old enough to look like a father. His dark complexion contrasted with Esmeralda's lighter skin. He wore traditional, plain Elven clothing and had a stern expression. "Good to see you, Esmeralda," he said with a gruff voice."

"Hello, daddy," she said back in a surprisingly reserved manner.

"We have had this disk for a month, you know," the man said. "You should have called earlier."

"I'm sorry, daddy. I didn't want to bother anyone by asking..."

"I know you are busy with your work at the University, but it wouldn't kill you to come home to visit."

"Yes daddy, but..."

"Your brother will be a father soon. It would be nice if the child saw his or her aunt after they're born."

"I understand, daddy, but..."

"Are you going to introduce yourself or what?" Her father turned his attention to Charter.

Charter stood in attention, bold his fist and slammed it against his chest." Greetings sir my name is Charter Van Dam, ranger on the iron legion keeper of the peace and more importantly. Esmeralda boyfriend."

"Iron Legion, huh? That's Mirandia, right?" The older Elf adjusted his glasses. "A military man. Not the worse choice. A noble cause at least."

"Oh Yes, very noble," Esmeralda agreed, still keeping herself reserved. "He is all about slaying monsters and saving the innocent. The noblest man you can find. In fact, he is so noble..." She laughed nervously.

Her father waited to see if she would continue with her thought. When she remained silent, he turned back to Charter. "I am Oro Starma. I run a floral business here in Lustania, as I am sure you have been informed. Growing exotic plants and shipping them around the world. It is a humble business, but a pleasant one." He cleared his throat. "Naturally, nothing as... renowned or respectable as your profession, though I hope you will still allow me a question or two."

"Of course, let me answer a few things. When I said I am apart of the Iron legion, there my family army my father is the leader of the iron district. On of the more wealthy district in Mirandia, my mother owns a alchemy shop where she sells potions all over the Terra. My family also sells crops, weapons, armor, tailor made close. My family is very successful sir and we are of nobility and help all those that need it, we take care of our sick and poor and injured. Does this answer some of your questions or do you have more?"

Oro needed a moment to take it all in. "So... you are a very wealthy man. I have an idea of how nobles act when it comes to women, though. Home or on the other side of the world, my children are all precious to me. If I were to find out that a wealthy aristocrat was taking advantage of my daughter's naive nature to have a little fun at her expense..."

"Sir I'm a knight, I take my out very seriously. To the point to where I went nine years without touching a woman, I was focused on helping anyone I came across I care for your daughter. My family are not your typical nobles we keep our words and pay our debts, and honor is extremely important to us."

Oro nodded his head. "And let's say, in a week or so, she were to break up with you. We have a lot of business with Mirandia, business a family of your stature would likely disrupt by giving us a bad name."

"There will be no ill will, if she wishes to break up with me that's her choice and I will honor it."

Oro raised an eyebrow. "Have you two been intimate?" Esmeralda blushed fiercely, but said nothing. She knew not to interrupt her father.

"Yes quite a few times, as I mentioned I do care for her I love her."

Es smiled, lightly pushing her arm lightly against his. Oro cleared his throat, and asked, "And if this love turns to marriage... I can expect some grandchildren, right?"

"Of course, you're not the only one pushing for me to have kids, my family mainly my mother. She wants me to have kids as soon as I mentioned Es her, so me having kids will happen."

"Very well then." Oro nodded his head to Esmeralda. "I have to free up the disk for business. It was good you speak with you again, dear. Remember what I said about coming to visit." He gave her a small smile. "Bring your boyfriend. Your mother would love to meet him."

Es nodded. "Yes daddy."

"Good to meet you, Charter," Oro said, then ended the call.

His daughter let out a long sigh of relief, nearly collapsing against Charter. "That... went well? That did go well, right?"

"Yeah that was great,I like your little sister and your father. You're older sister, I have to meet in person to what kind of person she is."

"Oh, she's great," Esmeralda assured him, standing up straight. "A little weird, though. Luckily, you met her on a good day." She ducked behind him and pushed him forward. "Come on! Turn those knobs! We did what you wanted, now I want to meet your family! Oh, I'm so excited..."

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Love & Family
Part Three

"Ugh boy yea sure." Charter turned the knobs to Miridia a man appeared, the man himself looked like charter with some noticeable differences. First his hair was red and was a few inches shorter than his brother. "Look council everything is fine, I sent some of my best men to clear out the Worg din it should be done in a few hours."

"I would hope so, little brother it would be a shame if you can't handle some worge."

The man looked up to see his older brother. "Charter! It's good to see you how are things?"

"Great, there is someone I want you to meet." Charter pulled Esmeralda to frame. "Adam, this is Esmeralda the woman I mentioned the last time I was home."

"Hello." Es waved her hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I, uh... I see good looks run in the family." She blushed, trying to compliment him like Charter did her sisters, but was a little shy about it.

"Heh well I appreciate the compliment little lady, it's good to meet you. You're just as beautiful as my Brother said you are."

Esmeralda nodded. "So what are you like? Are you a knight soldier guy like your brother? Or a merc? Do you have a girlfriend? A wife? Who would win in a fight, you or your brother? Did you know your sister is here? DoyoulikebooksIlovebooksandCharterenjoysthemtoowhichisoneofthemanyreasonswhywegetalongWealsobothlikeflowersDoyoulikeflowersI'massumingyoullikepeaceandjusticelikeyourbrotherHowoldareyouWhatisthescariestthingyouhaveeverfought?"

"Kid slow down your marching nine miles a minute, so to answer what I understood. I'm a guard of Mirandia I'm their captain so all district report to me, unlike me brother I am married been so for about three years now. Charter can beat the hell out me, and yes I like books." Adam looked back at his brother." She's a little firecracker isn't she?"

"You have no idea."

Esmeralda giggled, and took hold of Charter's arm. "It is so nice to see you're as pleasant as your brother and sister. I can only hope your parents are the same."

"Our mom sure, our father is well not in a good mood. The bolts are again trying to muscle in on our trades again."

"Ugh they don't learn do they?"

"Who's that?" Es asked, curious about Charter's family and their dealings.

"Miridia has two family houses, both powerful the difference between us and the Bolts is. They, been in nobility for centuries before the vampire wars. We're as my family got one opportunity and became successful, and stood there and they don't like it."

Es puffed out her cheeks in irritation. "That isn't fair. There is room enough for both of you. They should share or lose everything. Like when my brother and I would both earn the extra piece of pie after dinner, but he would get all fussy and say he should get the whole thing. Dad would say he get a nothing and give me the whole thing." She lightly scratched her cheek and chuckled nervously. "I mean... your family feud is more important, of course."

"What are they whining about this time?"

"A shipyard was attacked recently, by who or what we don't know. Some are saying it's raiders, but they think is is who ever it was made off with all their goods."

"Oh! I read about that in the papers!" Esmeralda tapped her lips. "It was on the coast, a port town on the Serasam/Mirandia border. Some people were saying it was a bandit raid, others were saying an undead attack. Either way, all five of the docked ships were lost and all the goods disappeared. But... wait. That is sad if the Bolts lost stuff, but how is that your problem? Not like you stole their stuff."

"Yea well that's what they think, three hundred years later they still see us as a mercenary group."

Charter rubbed his head."Get me into their meeting, I would like to talk to them."

"You got it brother, it was nice meeting you Esmerelda." The feed cut out.

Es rubbed her wrists nervously. "Should, um... Should I leave? I don't want to be a distraction."

"No I want you here, my father would despite the crap would love to see you."

The feed went to two older men arguing. "Axton just admit that it was you and your people that attack my ships, and pay me back the sorceress you took!"

"For the last time Bolten, I did not raid your ships. I would recommend that you go after the people that did this, or better yet get some other ships, blaming my people for this is wasting time!"

"Ou here we go. Dad.... Dad... WARDEN!" Charter shouted

Charter's father turned around and saw his first born son, and Esmerelda." We will talk later Bolten." Axton closed the feed. "Charter it's good to see you, who's this woman?"

"U-um..." Es smiled nervously. "I'm, uh, Esmeralda Starma. I'm Charter's lover GIRLFRIEND! I... I-I meant... I meant girlfriend. Heheh..."

The man himself, was of older complexion, whose hair more of a dirt blond with a scar across his left Eye.

"Hum you must be the woman my son talked about, a young beautiful light elf. I have not see a light Elf like yourself so filled with life, tell me about yourself Young one."

Esmeralda took a deep, nervous breath. "Well... I grew up in Lustania. I am from a mixed couple of an Elf and a Light Elf. I have an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts and Magic from the Marie Sevanbooth University of Magical Studies in Fairaven, but I... dropped out before getting my BA for... p-personal reasons. I'm currently employed as the Havenbrook Organization's head librarian and bookkeeper. Um... my three favorite things in the world are books and reading books, flowers and growing flowers, and a kind man I met named Charter Van Dam."

"Calm down little one, my son has told me all about you. So a Elf mix huh, well then tell me what spells are you good at or tell me your skills as a reader."

Esmeralda nodded, trying to calm her anxious heart. "Well, I... I am told I have an eidetic memory, allowing me to remember things really easily, and perfect recall, allowing me to recite things from memory perfectly. I use it to help people who need information from a text I've read and they don't have time to read it. It also helps with bookkeeping since I can memorize and calculate numbers efficiently." She scratched her cheek. "I have light and wind magic, but I haven't developed them much for attacking. Mostly just for lighting up a room or levitating. Um... Oh, but I do know how to fight a little. I use Stormrend tonfa, and Charter helps me improve when we have time." She reached into her side bag, pulling out a round, white object. "And I make my own smoke bombs! A friend of mine named Betty helped me improve the design recently."

"Hum your an interesting on that's for sure, a librarian with an amazing mind to remember every text from a book she reads. A mage of light and wind magic. Someone with mild training in confusing her enemy's, hum you are intriguing that's for sure. So tell me Esmeralda, what are your feelings towards my son? Are you with him just for our wealth?"

"Oh, no!" Es quickly answered, stuffing the bomb away and grasping Charter's arm. "I didn't even know he had money until recently. In fact, since I only knew he was a soldier turned travelling mercenary, I had assumed he didn't have much money at all. And I would stay with him even if was broke as can be."

"Is that right, tell me what would you do if my son wanted a child. Is that something you want, do you want to be a mother?"

The Light Elf's cheeks brightened a bit. "We'll, um... we, uh... we were actually talking about that, to be honest. And I never really thought about it before, but... I think it would be nice to be a mother. And... I would like Charter to be the father."

"Is that right." Axton rubbed his head." Look your brother young and should live your lives, but understand Esmeralda. Charter is a knight and he puts his life on the line constantly, the reason I want him to have kids is because at some point on any assignment he's on he could die."

"Dad, please stop, you trained me to be better than most warriors. I won't die so easily."

"I know but things happen son, Esmeralda I love my son. If you wish to have his kid I hope it's because you want to not because you're being forced."

Esmeralda gripped Charter's arm a little tighter. "I... I don't feel forced. I want to because I want to. Because I love him. And him having a dangerous job only makes me want it more. Because I want something to remember him."

"Hum, alright then. As far as I'm concerned you can marry my son and have his children and are welcome to our home whenever you want."

Esmeralda stepped away from Charter and bowed deeply. "Thank you ever so much, sir. You are very kind." She stood up again and smiled. "And if you ever need help keeping your books... Um, the money kind or the reading kind, you can count on me."

"Heh, she's a keeper boy I'll see you soon boy."

"Right I'll see you later dad." The transmission ended and Charter breathed a sigh of relief.

The pair sat in an awkward silence for a minute. Slowly, Esmeralda reached over and placed her hand against Charter's arm. "Um... Charter?"

Charter looked like he was staring into space, until he finally heard Esmeralda." Yea what is it?"

She leaned closer. "You, um... you still wanna... you know? Still in the mood?"

Charter stood up and lifted Esmeralda, and left Mina office." We do have some unfinished business to attend to, besides I have been given both of our parents blessing."

Esmeralda laughed, and held him tight. "Let's go to your room. I want to make sure we're not interrupted, because I intend to take my time with you."

"Really, is that so? Good. Because me skipping my training today means I need another workout." Charter reached his quarters, and closed the door behind him. Charter put Esmerelda down on his bed and gently kissed her.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Amam Loves You
Part One

Havenbrook Manor
Main Lab
April 27th, 3349

Betty smiled as she came up to the lab for her daily visit with Eliza and Erin. The little demon girl was growing so quickly, Betty could hardly believe it.

The Fly-Thrope had recently taken a trip into town in order to get said demon girl a small present, something to surprise her with. She stepped into the lab, looking around as she hid a small teddy bear in her large back apron pocket.

Two men in lab coats looked back. Erin didn't recognize them, and was pretty sure she had never seen them before. "Can we help you, miss?"

"Uh... Excuse me? Who're you two?" The Fly-Girl asked, her goggles reflecting some light.

"We're from the Fairaven institute of magic. We're here to pick up something of pure being kept here." One adjusted his glasses. "And you are?"

"Uh... Betty. A hunter here." She answered with some suspicion. "Are you looking for Erin?"

"Erin is in the back right now," the other man said. "Arguing. She doesn't want to give it up, even though we had a clear deal."

"Amam!" a scared voice called out from the back.

Betty's eyes widened, then turned harsh as she stared daggers at the men. All at once she knew what the men were here for and the realization filled her with a cocktail of rage, fear, and desperation.

"Y-You... You're not going to touch her... I-I won't let you..." Betty said, her fist clenched.

"Touch who? Ms. Starstorm?" One of the men shook his head. "Nothing will happen to her if she complies."

"I think she means the creature," the other said. "Our reports said Erin wasn't the only one that made a pet out of it."

"A pet!?" Betty growled internally. "She's not some... Animal!"

The first one raised his hands. "Oh, no. Sorry, we didn't mean to imply it was. We know full well it's a monster, one we intend to get a lot of data from."

Betty huffed angrily, but tried to collect herself. "L-Look... What's zhis deal? M-maybe we can work something out?"

"This isn't right and you know it!" Erin's voice called out from the back.

One of the scientist pulled out a contract and handed it to Betty. "The Havenbrook Organization was contracted to assist in the transportation of a demon egg found in the Land of Ice and hold it for a period of one month while those who would want to steal it lose interest, at which time we would take it. It has been more than a month thanks to Ms. Starstorm's delays, and now she is trying to refuse handing over the specimen simply because it hatched."

"But you specified an egg, I don't see an egg anywhere and you're going to have a hard time trying to pass her off as one." Betty stated, stepping closer to the man.

The looked at each other, and one of them sighed, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a coin. He handed it to the other, muttering, " Damn it."

The other laughed. "I told you. These humans and Thropes think they're so smart. So clever. Read the contract, missy. We knew you would try to pull something like this. Personally, I thought you guys would punch a hole in the bottom to drain out the insides and then give us the shell. But either way, we made sure to include a clause that said retain ownership of the egg and anything within the egg."

Betty gulped. "B-But... You have no way to prove that she came out of zhat egg! Unless you plan on trying her for size? And even if she did, wouldn't she only be a month old? Does zhat demon look a month old to you?" Betty pointed out.

"Ze truth is... We actually found not just a frozen egg, but a frozen demon child. She has nothing to do with your contract."

The pair exchanged another look, and suddenly broke into laughter. "This... this woman... is hilarious!"

"Yeah... so funny... oh, gods." The other man wiped away a tear. "Found a frozen demon child. Just happened to slip by the recovery teams. "

"Amam!" A burly looking guard walked out from the back. Eliza was in a cage, one a bit too small for her. "Amam, help!" she cried out, reaching between the bars.

"Please, don't do this!" Erin cried out herself, following him closely. "I-I... I'll give you all my notes on her, present and future! Anything we discover will be yours to take credit for! Just please don't take her!"

As the fly-girl saw Eliza in a cage, her heart dropped into her stomach and her mind raced with desperation. "L-Look! Z-Zhere has to be somezhing you two want? Right? Somezhing zhat if we give you, you might be inclined to... Give us some more time? A-A favor between ze three of us? Maybe even... somezhing... personal?"

One of the men raised an eyebrow. "Are you offering yourself... that way? In order to get us to leave?"

Betty felt a pit form in her stomach and a wave of nausea as she witnessed them consider her desperate proposal. The Thrope gulped, she'd do anything to keep Eliza, even if it was just for another week, maybe Erin could find some way to get out of it in that time.

Betty hesitated, but only for a moment. "Y-Yes... All it would take is to say you got... Caught up on your journey just a bit... Zhat you had to make a long stop for repairs... You wouldn't be punished for somezhing out of your control..."

The pair exchanged another look, and erupted into an even louder round of laughter. "She'd sell... her body... for this demon!"

"Better be careful! This creature might have hypnotic powers or something!"

"Don't laugh at her, you unruly, contemptuous, pig headed slugs!" Erin shouted furiously, her eyes red with tears. "And stop talking about Eliza like she is a thing or a creature! She's a scared little girl you've locked in a cage!"

They pair looked at her in surprise, and one shook his head. "The all knowing, all powerful Erin Starstorm, manipulated by a lowly demon child. So sad..."

Erin snarled at him. She looked over to Betty, then quickly ducked her head away in shame. "I-I am so sorry, Betty. This... this is all my fault."

Betty's breathing became even more labored, and, seeing no other option, the insect girl stepped out in front of the door to the lab. "C-C'mon... Y-You wouldn't want to sp... Spend ze night with me? I-I'm sure you all could... Use a break... It must've been s-such a long trip..."

"Sorry, lady." One of the men lifted his hand to show her a ring. "Happily married."

The other one shrugged. "And I don't sleep with non-Elves. Never have. And I'm not about to start with some tramp whoring herself out for a demon. Sorry, but the potential research is more important."

"Betty..." Erin hung her head in defeat. "Please... stop."

In a last ditch effort, Betty motioned for her gauntlet's paralysis gas switch. Maybe she could act as if they had knocked something over and use that as cover to spray the gas. Then, while they were distracted, motion for Erin to break the lock of the cage and feign Eliza's escape on her own. This sudden plan was stopped shortly however as she noticed that her weapon was not on her arm, she had left its case in her room.

The Thrope's eyes welled up with tears behind her goggles, threatening to blind her. The engineer's legs gave in and she fell to her knees. "P-Please! Just give us a day! An hour! Ten minutes! Anyzhing!"

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Amam Loves You
Part Two

The pair exchanged a look one last time, and one of them held up his hands. "Okay, okay, geez. We'll give you a couple minutes to... say your goodbyes or whatever. But we're waiting outside the door to make sure you don't pull anything, got it?"

"Right! Zhank you! Zhank you!" Betty looked up into their eyes.

There was a sadness in theirs, though she couldn't tell if it was sympathy or pity. They motioned for the soldier to put the cage down, and the three stepped outside. Erin opened the cage, and Eliza rushed out into Betty's arms. "I'm sorry, Amam! I'm sorry if I was bad! I won't be bad ever again!"

Betty began to cry even more as pulled off her goggles and wrapped her arms around her little girl. "Y-You weren't bad... You weren't... You're ze sweetest little zhing I've ever known..."

Erin leaned against a desk, he strength seemingly sapped away. "This is all my fault," she repeated softly. "All... my fault..."

"Erin... I... How is zhis your fault?" Betty asked, looking over Eliza's shoulder.

Erin looked at her with sad eyes. "When I realized there was no loophole to exploit... I-I decided I was going to try and convince them that Eliza was a completely different demon. Maybe one that showed up and destroyed the egg, only for us to capture her." She squeezed her fists tightly. "But they got my notes somehow! I don't know how! Someone... someone here must have made copies of them when I was out. They only got about half of them... but they're enough to prove Eliza came from that egg. If I never made those stupid notes... I treated Eliza like an experiment, and that makes me no better than them!"

"Someone here...? Are you telling me... Who here would do zhat to us!" Betty exclaimed with a mix of confusion and anger. "You're... You're not like zhem Erin... If you were you wouldn't be trying so hard to stop zhis... You love Eliza too."

After a brief, uncomfortable silence, the demon girl whispered, "Eliza has to go away now... huh?"

The little girl's words hit her harder than anything, causing more tears to rush down. "N-Not long sweetie... I promise... We'll get you back..."

Something suddenly occurred to the Thrope as she reached into her back pocket and pulled out the teddy bear she had wanted to surprise her with. Betty held the stuff animal out, pressing it against Eliza's chest. On closer inspection, the bear looked as if it been partially customized, including purple horns on the top of its head and a heart on the chest that read 'Amam loves you.'

"H-here... Zhis is... Zhis is for you... Take zhis and... Hide it in under your wings so they don't find it... And whenever you're sad or or lonely just... Just hug it and know zhat we're are out zhere getting you home... And... And that we love you, okay?" The Engineer spoke slowly, her voice breaking from sadness.

The demon girl held it tightly, securely, for a few seconds before tucking it back behind her wing. With a quivering lip and moisture in her eyes, she lightly beat her chest. "E-Eliza is strong. Eliza is smart. Will see Amam again. Because Eliza loves Amam... And Erin." Erin smiled at that, though it made the hurt grow ever so much. Eliza lightly cupped Betty's cheeks and brought their foreheads together. "Will see you again. Promise."

"You're... Such a brave girl..." The Engineer said softly, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Zhis... Will not be for long..."

The three used as much time as they were given, the Fairaven scientists having to come in the tell them time was up. Erin and Betty followed them outside, wanting to be near Eliza for as long as possible. Stepping out of the building and walking to the front gate, Mina watched silently from a window on the second flow. To her, Eliza was just a demon. But she knew what she meant to Betty, Erin, and others in the manor. She knew they felt how she did when Drayce was taken, and it made her sick that she was forced to allow that to happen to anyone else.

Reaching the front gate, Erin froze at the sight in front of her, eyes wide. Standing by the cart was Alfonda Charmles, head of the Guild's secondary lab and her former second. The man she had taken her position from shortly after joining the labs. And now, standing outside, he was slipping the same kind of coat that the other two had.

"Ah, Erin!" he said with his snooty, know-it-all tone. "Come to see me off? I decided to go work with my fellow Elves back home, and they were even so kind as to buy out the rest of my contract. And wouldn't you know it? They end up showing here the day I was leaving. What a fine, convenient coincidence."

Betty gave him a fierce look, her face still red from crying. "And who are you again...?"

"Well, I happen to be the man Lady Havenbrook pushed to the side to make room for your rabbit friend." Charmles smiled widely. "Luckily, Fairaven can see all I can truly contribu-"

Erin rushed forward, leaping forward and knocking him to the ground. Sitting on his stomach, she mustered all the strength in her petite arms to hit him over and over again. "You son of bitch!" She cried out between tears. "It was you! It was you! It was you!"

As the words reached Betty's ears, her blood began to boil. "You... You stole her notes? Why? Some kind of... Petty grudge!?"

"I did... nothing of the... sort... and you can't... prove otherwise!" He called out. One of Erin's relatively weak but determined punches made it past his arms and drew blood from his nose. "Get her off me!"

"What did they offer you?!" Erin kept swinging. "A nice office?! Money?! Kind words for your damn ego?! And all you had to do is hand over the life of a little girl and what small part of your soul you actually had?!"

"If I find out... Zhat ANY of you, hurt her... Your nose won't be the only zhing that gets broken..." The Fly picked him up by his shirt, clearly much stronger than Erin despite not being equipped with her weapon.

"Listen, what I do..." He started.

Erin stepped next to Betty. "You don't... want to finish that sentence. Your new associates are not the only ones with eyes in other labs. I will know if Eliza is hurt... I will tell Betty, and she will make you suffer in ways I don't even want to think about."

Charmles looked between them. "I-I... but she... it's just a demon. Why do you care so much?"

"She's not just a demon! We... We raised her like any little girl... She hasn't done anyzhing wrong..." The Fly-Thrope growled with a motherly rage. "As far as I'm concerned... She's our daughter..."

Charmles briefly looked at her like she was crazy, but quickly dropped the look and nodded. "A-alright... alright. I won't hurt her, okay? Just... put me down, alright?"

Betty squinted, still filled with a fury that was uncharacteristic of her as she allowed the man to slide out of her grip.

"I'm glad we understand each other... I haven't had to test my weapon on people before and I don't want to, but considering zhat it can shatter stone gargoyles, I'm sure you wouldn't want me to either..." The Fly explained, the cocktail of emotions within her still foaming and stirring within in.

"Got it, lady." Charmles pulled out a hanky, pressing it against his nose as he hurried away to the carriage. The others were climbing on as the soldier secured the cage in the back. In the darkness, Eliza had the saddest expression until she saw Betty and Erin looking at her. She quickly pushed her worry and fears aside, managing a small smile. She extended her hand from the cage, waving goodbye.

Betty held back her emotions as best she could, giving Eliza a wave back. Only after the demon girl was out of vision did the Thrope begin to weep violently, falling to her knees and pressing her head against the grass.

Erin lowered herself next to Betty. She couldn't stop thinking about how she should have seen this betrayal coming. She simply stayed there, rubbing Betty's back. "We'll get her back," she said softly, as much for herself as for Betty. "I know we will."

"Why do I have to lose more family...? It's not fair..." She sobbed, slamming her fist into the dirt.

Erin wasn't sure how to respond. This was a first for her. She realized she was fortunate in that regard. She gently placed her hand on Betty's shoulder and said, "Come on... let's go back inside."

Betty silently nodded, feeling crushed as she allowed Erin to take her back into the manor.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
ExoGrim & ZombieSplitter53
Whispers in the Dark
Part One

Havenbrook Manor/Guildhouse
Outdoor Training Field
April 28th, 3349
12:34 p.m.

Eraqus had just finished lunch, and for him that meant calories to burn off and energy to work out. And so he was in his usual spot, one of the training rooms, doing his usual thing, training. After some cardio came sword swinger. Again and again, he swung his sword forward, his arms and legs quickly starting to burn. Swish. "Twenty-eight." Swish. "Twenty-nine."

As Eraqus practiced, a strange aura seemed to creep up behind him. The aura seemed to be dark by nature... but had some light to it. It was as if the aura was indifferent about itself, not sure whether it was good or evil. "Hello." A innocent sounding voice said from behind him. "I haven't seen you around... may I ask who you are?"

Wary of the aura but not wanting to do anything rash, less the thin line he was already on with Lady Havenbrook be snapped, he swung his sword again and answered, "Eraqus Velmonte. I assist Lady Havenbrook in running the guild, and work with a lot of lower rank Hunters on missions. And you?" He looked back.

"My name is Melinda Silendis." The owner of the aura answered. "I became a Hunter a while ago in order to find the answers to my past... and my family."

"Yeah?" Eraqus swung again. "What kind of answers? You an amnesiac? Or there just things about where you came from that you're curious about?"

"I'm more interested in who my mother was before she was ill." Melinda replied. "People have been saying that I've talking to her and I think there might be a connection somewhere."

"Talking to her?" Eraqus stopped and placed the sword to the side. "Like talking to her ghost or... something else?"

"I'm not sure." The shadowmancer answered. "I don't recall any memory of the events where people make the claims. Though, many of them originally think that I'm talking to my own shadow. Seems pretty weird, but it's what they've been saying."

"Well, I'm sure that a bunch of different people haven't been messing with you..." The Elf folded his arms. "Have you tried it?"

"Tried what?" Melinda asked, confused of what he meant.

"Talking to her." Eraqus shrugged. "Like I said, I'm sure not everyone is yanking your chain. So why not... I don't know, concentrate on your shadow and... try and summon her or something?"

"I never thought about that..." Melinda thought for a moment. "Though, I don't think it would be that easy."

"Don't they say that nothing in life worth having is easy?" Eraqus smiled. "I could help, if you'd like. Do you know any specific instances when you started talking to her? Maybe a moment before a gap in your memory. A moment when you were really happy? Really sad? Under a lot of stress? In danger?"

"In most instances, it happens when I'm wandering the halls..." Melinda noted. "Though, during my first mission, when I almost died... it seemed to have happened there as well. The difference was that I had some memory of what happened that time."

"Well, maybe that's the ideal situation." Eraqus took up his sword once more. "Want to see if we can trigger it?"

"Wouldn't that be risky?" Melinda inquired. "What if it didn't work? Then you would have my blood on your hands."

"Well then, I better not draw blood, right?" Eraqus smiled. "I've been a Hunter for fifty years, Ms. Silendis. I know how to hold back while tricking your body into thinking it is in real danger. Of course, there is still a risk involved. It's up to you, of course. I'm willing to try something else."

The pale woman looked at Eraqus for a moment. "If you are sure, they feel free to try."

Eraqus nodded, lifting his sword and swinging it at Melinda. As it flew towards her, it certainly looked like he was trying to decapitate her.

There was a sudden burst of dark energy, blinding the Hunter briefly. When his vision restored, he was bound by shadowy tendrils. From behind him, he heard Melinda say. "How cute that you think you can just simply kill me."

Eraqus struggled a bit, and laughed. "That really is a neat trick. Let me go and we'll try again."

Melinda giggled. "I don't have the slightest idea what trick you're referring to. As for letting you go, watching you struggle seems a lot more fun."

Eraqus laughed nervously. "Very funny, Melinda. But seriously, let me go. I don't want to hurt you, just I'm sure you don't want to end up hurting me."

"That's where you're wrong..." Melinda answered with demonic glee. "I'm a shadow witch, I thrive off agony and the cold embrace of the darkness." As she spoke, the shadows binding Eraqus' left arm slowly began to tighten. "I wonder how long it will take for you to start screaming..."

Eraqus grit his teeth, wishing his arms weren't already so tired from his work out. "Why do I get... all the crazies?" he mumbled, gathering energy into his hands. "Look, it's obvious you're not the Melinda from before. So her crazy mom, evil alternate personality, possessing demon,or whatever the hell you are... I'm going to have to hurt you now."

"Hurt me?" Melinda let out another giggle. "How humorous that you think you can break my bonds."

Another voice echoed in the Elf's mind. Melinda, what are you doing?

"I'm embracing my powers... just like you wanted." The pale woman responded.

"Just like who wanted." Eraqus' eyes shifted about. "Other brain voice? Who's there?"

"It doesn't matter..." Melinda stated. "You won't survive long enough to remember."

Enough! The voice demanded. Melinda suddenly snapped out of her trance, realizing that her shadow had come close to breaking Eraqus' arm. She looked at what she was doing in terror for a few moments before freeing the man and darting out of the field as quickly as she could.

"Melinda!" Eraqus started after her, only to stumble as he found he lacked the strength to lift his sword. "Damn... stretch message from Hell..." He struggled to holster his weapon on his back, and took off in the direction she had run. "Melinda! Melinda, where are you?!"

He eventually found her in a corner near the entrance of the manor, nervously shaking as she loaded a round into her dagger.

"H-hey." Eraqus slowly approached her. "Melinda? Talk to me. What's going through your head right now."

"This power, I can't control it..." Melinda said with a shaking voice. "All it wants is to hurt people, torture anyone it deems fit. I shouldn't be allowed to live, not with this monster inside me."

Eraqus' eyes darted between her face and the trick dagger. He slowly removed his sword from his back and placed it on the ground. "Come on, Melinda. Look at me. I'm fine, just fine. This... this was my fault. Remember? I pushed you into it. Just... just look at me please."

"But it wouldn't have happened if I didn't have this darkness inside of me." Melinda positioned the trick dagger next to her head. "It would've never happened if I could control it... but I can't."

"Whoa, whoa! Don't do that!" Eraqus held his hands, out, slowly approaching her. "Please. I've... I've seen too many comrades die... a few that way. Don't be another. Listen, we... w-we all have a darkness inside us. Yours just happens to be a more literal form of it, but... but hell, I couldn't control my darkness just the other day, and I ended up hurting someone who... who I realize now really didn't deserve it. But you can't give in. You have to fight back. Get a handle on it. You can't just run from the darkness. You have to control it."

"But... I don't know how." Melinda slowly lowered the gun and began to burst into tears.

Eraqus slowly moved closer. "We can help you. I can help you. We can work on it as much as we need to. But we can't if you end it now. Please... hand me the weapon."

Melinda hesitatingly handed the Elf her weapon. "Are you sure you can help?"

Eraqus smiled softly. "I'm sure. And I'm not the only one here to help. I heard a voice. I don't know if it was your mother, but whoever it was, they want to help too."

Melinda wiped the tears from her eyes. "Alright, I trust you. How do we start?"

Eraqus stood up and offered his hand. "We start by standing up. And relaxing a little. Do you drink?"

"If you're referring to that revolting drink called wine, then no, I do not." Melinda stated as she took his hand and slowly got back to her feet.

"Come on." Eraqus held her hand tight. "I'll find you something you like."

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Whispers in the Dark
Part Two

Fifteen minutes later, the pair sat in the manor's bar. Eraqus took a drink from a large mug of beer. Before Melinda sat a glass of mostly orange juice. "Give it a try," Eraqus said with a smile.

Melinda took a sip of the drink. It was surprisingly sweet, though the taste was different from what she was used to. "What is this?" the pale woman asked.

"Tequila Sunrise," Eraqus answered. "About two parts orange juice for every one part tequila, though I asked them to replace some of the alcohol with cranberry juice to make it a little sweeter." He winked at her. "Don't wanna get you too tipsy, right?"

Melinda, not knowing the effects of tequila, began to chug the drink. It took her a moment to realize her mistake, as she began to sway from side to side dizzily. "Why am I light headed all of a sudden?"

"Never seen someone drink that fast without being dared first." Eraqus chuckled. "Don't worry. The tequila debilitates you a little, but its effects are temporary." He pushed a glass of water towards her. "Hopefully it'll help you relax a bit so I can ask you a few things."

Melinda downed the glass of water. "What questions do you wish to ask me?"

"Well..." Eraqus took another drink. "Was the first person to say you were talking to someone here? Or did it start before coming to the Manor?"

"No, it started here in the Manor... about a week after a joined." The shadowmancer answered. "Seemed kinda like a joke at first, but then it kept on happening... someone suggested that I went to a woman named Erin, so I did. I haven't heard back from her yet though."

Eraqus nodded. "Does 'embracing the power' mean anything to you? You claimed the voice told you to do that during your... episode."

"Now that I think about it..." Melinda said, placing her hand on her chin. "I do recall the line, 'Embrace the darkness' popping up somewhere. Do you think the two might be related?"

"Probably. Too much of a coincidence." Eraqus placed his own chin against his hand. "I have a theory... if you're interested."

"Feel free to let it out." Melinda replied. "Nothing's stopping you from sharing ideas."

"Well, what if that voice, whatever it is... maybe your mother, or maybe part of you that thinks it is your mother... knows about the darkness in you? It sees it, and sees how dangerous it is, but also sees potential. Embracing darkness to do wicked things doesn't seem to be its goal. Why would it stop you from hurting me then? So maybe it wants you to conquer it. Embrace it as part of you... And gain control of it."

"Now, the only question is, how." Melinda noted. "Maybe we can see Erin and see if she's found anything out."

"Sure. Wanna go now?" Eraqus downed the rest of his beer.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." Melinda got up from her seat and began to walk to where the Rabbit Thrope's lab was.

Eraqus followed after her, making sure to she didn't lose her balance after chugging her drink. The labs were dark, and they gave off a negative aura of sorts. Shortly after entering, Erin walked around a corner. "Melinda! Oh... oh, I am so sorry. I forgot to contact you."

"It's fine." Melinda responded. "So, what all did you find out?"

"Yes, um..." Erin sniffled, her eyes a bit red. It looked as though she might be coming down with something. "You, um... you're blood was good. Normal, I mean. I didn't notice anything wrong with it. I was a little worried because of your rather... pale complexion, but you're fine there. As for you magic, it is quite potent. A lot of energy, but it is a tad... unstable." She scratched her ear, trying to think of a good way to put it. "Would you permit me to show a small experiment? Perhaps visualizing it would help."

"Yes, it would." Melinda answered, seeming to be worried about the unstable part.

Erin walked over to one of the shelves, bringing over a set of glass bottles and tubes of various shapes and sizes. There was a small device attached to one of the tubes which pointed up at a 45° angle. She placed a fresh breaker into the center of it. "Melinda dear, please place your index finger into the tube and concentrate. Try and direct a small amount of dark energy to the tip of your finger."

Melinda placed her finger in the tube and began to concentrate her energy into it.

Erin flipped a switch on the device and fed her own fire and wind magic into it. Melinda felt a slight sucking sensation as pure magic flowed from her finger into the closed beaker. "You may remove your hand now," Erin said, turning off the device. "This is your magic in as pure a form as I can get without... you know, lengthy filtering processes that would take much longer than this." The magic itself manifested in the form of a swirl mist in the glass container. It seemed to move with a purpose, a dark miasma of black and the darkest of purples.

Melinda took her finger out as she was told and eyed the magic cautiously. "What exactly makes it unstable?"

"I'm not entirely sure why it is, only its nature." The rabbit woman carefully carried the beaker over to a Bunsen burner. "The magic reacts very negatively to negative outside stimuli. On its own, it is fine, but... watch." She turned on the burner. The glass quickly started to heat up, and the magic started to fly around rapidly, the slam side to side until the beaker shattered, the magic flowing out and zipping around like an angry wasp.

"I have to learn to control that?" Melinda muttered nervously.

"It does seem like a daunting task," Erin admitted.

"Daunting doesn't mean impossible," Eraqus said with determination. "Right Erin?"

"Of course not." Erin held her hand towards the swirling mist. "It is about exuding enough force to counteract the negative force pushing back. If it is insufficient..." She let loose a small spark of fire, which immediately dissipated upon hitting the dark magic. "...it might as well not be there. But give it a sufficient enough amount of energy..." More magic glowed from her hand, a swirl of greens, reds, and yellows. And surrounded the dark energy, and slowly brought it under control. "...and You can conquer it."

"So, I just have to give it enough power to feed off of in order to control it?" Melinda inquired. "How am I supposed to do that?"

"Concentration, practice, and determination, my dear." Erin made the magical wisp float next to them. "Take it slow. Try exuding your magic in slow bursts, free from your body. Your magic... honestly seems to have a mind of its own. Once you have freed some magic, control it. Concentrate on it. Will it to listen to you. It might be free from your body, but it is still your magic. Do not let it control you. As you practice, you will find you can do it easier and with less energy. That is when you do it with more and more and more." She formed a fire ball that grew to punctuate her point. "It will take time and patience. But soon enough you will gain control of it."

"And be able to apply that control to the magic inside you." Eraqus gave her an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "That voice within you, it wants to help. And its ability to stop you at your darkest moments shows it can be conquered. I will help you with that, Melinda. Clashing magic. Sparring. Using me as a punching bag. Whatever it takes."

Melinda gave Eraqus a smile. "Thank you, both of you... for helping me."

"Of course." Eraqus glanced down at Erin, the woman looking awfully tired for some reason as she carried the equipment away. He then looked over to one of the wall clocks. "I have a swordsmanship lesson with some of the A-rank hunters coming up. I think you should get some rest some we can start training tomorrow." He hesitantly pulled Melissa's trick knife out of his belt pocket. "As long as... you're okay to be left alone, that is."

"I should be fine now." Melinda assured him. "With your help, I should be able to control this darkness."

Eraqus nodded, handing her back her weapon.