Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
MarineAvenger & ZombieSplitter53
Trouble for the Troublemakers
Part One

Central Hell
Capital City of Taruntela
May 29th, 3349

A long sigh echoed throughout the large throne room, several of the undead guards glancing over at the Goddess of Discord as she let out an exaggerated yawn of boredom. On the throne itself, Grimora shot her a dirty look. "Please do not come to my city in my realm and start that. It is called relaxing."

"It is called mind numbing boredom," her sister countered.

Grimora shrugged. "I offered to go watch the damned souls with you."

Tecunte groaned. "It is no fun unless I am the one inflicting the suffering. Besides, they're dead. What's the point if the pain I cause doesn't stay with them for life?"

The Queen of the Dead scoffed. "Well, I am tired. Arranging things with one living psycho and busting out another dead one is hard work. So I... want to... relax." She leaned back and closed her eyes.

Tecunte moved her mouth in a mocking manner, and shot her sister an annoyed, almost murderous look as she lightly touched the pendant around her neck.

"My, my... What an unusual sight." An unknown voice spoke up, one of the undead guards flying into the wall of the throne room and shattering completely.

The Goddess of Darkness sprang to her feet, unsheathing the broad sword at her side. "Who goes there?! Who dares invade the capital of Hell?!"

"So loud... So... angry." A portal formed in the middle of the throne room as a sole person walked through. He wore extravagant drooping black robes stitched together with golden thread. There were adornments of the same metal in some areas with the shoulders exposed in cutouts. The individual was very short and looked not much older than a child close to puberty years. His robes hung open at the moment, showing his chest. Vermillion eyes stared emotionless at the pair.

Grimora nearly dropped her sword, and was quick to lower it. "Kayumi! L... Lord Kayumi. To... to what do I oh the pleasure."

Tecunte rolled her eyes, watching the boy with her arms folded. "Lord, indeed," she muttered.

Tilting his head, he stared only at Tecunte. "Excuse me?" Kayumi asked.

Tecunte smiled at him. "Nice to see you again, Lord Kayumi."

"I do not get why you give me an honorific. I am no Lord, nor would I want to be one. That comes with responsibilities I would never perform in any capacity." His hand moved to his hair, twirling a long strand around his finger, "I see you have no more respect for yourself then the last time we met, Te~ku."

Tecunte's eye twitched. "Maybe I would be more respectful if you stopped calling me that."

"It fits you so well though." Kayumi whispered with no emotional attachment to his tone, "A childish nickname for a childish goddess."

Before her sister could say or do something they would both end up regretting, Grimora let out a loud, distracting laugh. "You are so funny, Lo-... Kayumi. And insightful. S-so what brings you to Hell today? Looking for a soul? Perhaps you are here to enjoy a show?"

"I am here because I was bored with the overworld for now. Many developments, but no payoffs." His eyes did not leave Tecunte, "I also hear that some rather discouraging things have been acting in the favor of discord."

Tecunte smiled proudly, puffing out her chest. "Is that so? I wonder what dastardly, likely very attractive and intelligent fiend is behind that. Not that I'm complaining. I love me a bit of Discord. It is in my job title, after all."

"You hide behind such a thin veil that it might as well just tear from a gust of breath. As for the cause I highly doubt the intelligence of it. As for its beauty, well... Even people find beauty in bullfrogs of murky swamps. I here they are good pets."

"Bastard!" Tecunte stomped forward. "This is none of your concern! Stay out of it!"

"So there is something going on after all." Kayumi surprisingly announced with his placid expression still remaining, "You didn't have to try and hide it from me. I am almost ashamed that a goddess of your low caliber is even allowed to scheme Teku. Why you stoop to her level Grimmy is beyond even my comprehension."

Grimora rubbed her wrists nervously. "W-well, she asked me for help, and... a-and I figured I could benefit and... a-and sister... you know?"

"Oh, would you stop being so spineless?!" Tecunte glared at the mystery child. "Now you listen to me. You have made it a point to set yourself apart from everyone, including the gods. If you tell them anything about me, you'll be siding with them. So unless you want to officially pick sides, you won't say a damn thing."

"Perhaps... But I've never been on a side, even when ruining plans. I do things because I can. Because I desire amusement. If say... Ranseca were to hear a rumor... You know she loves attention, and she loves being useful."

Tecunte groaned. "Do not ruin this for me. Why do you care? Turning the world on its end will be fun! You should be helping me!"

"Because untipping the balance of things makes events become stale. I thrive off mortal emotions like hate, sadness, and anguish. However seeing what decisions people make when left alone entices me. I like observing natural order." Kayumi knelt down, observing the two women, "I will leave your plans alone. I believe you will ruin them yourself Teku. She holds you back Grimmy. You could be so much more."

"You... you think..." Grimora started.

"Thank you!" Tecunte interrupted. "Though I hope you won't change your mind when you see how wrong you are... about many things." She glanced back at her sister briefly. "Though, as an agent of chaos, I do appreciate an attempt to sow the seeds of disorder between sisters. But it won't work. Grimora is helping me because my plans benefit her, and besides, she'd just be sitting down here, bored out of her wits without me."

"Perhaps I could benefit her more. I am superior to you after all," the demon stated matter-of-factly.

"You are not superior to me, twerp." Tecunte said confidently.

Grimora sprang away from her seat, grabbing her sister and holding a hand over her mouth. "She's just kidding, all powerful being with the power of an Old One that Tecunte would never forget."

"Maybe I can take Grimmy as a bride." Kayumi continued as if Tecunte had said nothing.

Grimora gasped. "Y-your bride? But... b-but you truly are superior to me."

Tecunte pulled herself free. "At least that, I can agree on."

"You don't want to settle on me, Kayumi," Grimora continued. "You... you could have anyone you want!"
"I see. An intriguing answer." Using his finger, he beckoned her over.
His head tilted to the side again, "So you would say no?"

"No! I mean..." Grimora tilted her head to the side. "I would... never deny any request from you."

"You are a follower alright. I have no urge to be married. It is only a reminder that something is able to hold you down. Maybe one day I will spirit you away. You would have to choose between a sister or me though. What would your choice be I wonder?" Kayumi questioned thoughtfully.

Grimora looked between him and Tecunte, the latter giving her a dirty look. "Are you done here, Kayumi?" Tecunte asked.

"I asked a question. Be quiet until it is answered. You are being a pest Teku. I don't want to have to fix that." His vermilion eyes shifted to the voluptuous goddess, "Your answer?"

She smiled at him. "Of course I would pick you. I'd be a fool not to." This earned her an incredibly venomous glare from Tecunte.

"I see. An intriguing answer." Using his finger, he beckoned her over.

Grimora glanced at her sister, who shook her head. With a huffed, Grimora sauntered over to the young looking man.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trouble for the Troublemakers
Part Two

When she came over, he had her bend down and went to her ear, "Your sister is not above using you. Do not end up dead Grimmy. You are weaker compared to me, but your personality is amusing. I might take you away one day after all. You don't need Teku to thrive." Patting her cheek, Kayumi looked over her shoulder and gave Tecunte a smirk.

Tecunte stared back, angry bubbling below the surface. "Thank you, Kayumi," Grimora responded. "You are too kind."

With a nod, the demon turned, walking through a portal that formed out of nowhere. Tecunte stared daggers at her sister, fists clenched tightly, before opening her own portal and leaving without another word, leaving Grimora alone with her mixed feelings.

The next place Kayumi traveled to was a place that offered a bit more entertainment than his last venture. He stepped out right into the throne room of the King and Queen of the gods.

The Ethereum King was out at the moment, as he usually was. The Queen, on the other hand, sat upon her throne. Looking regal from a distance, when one got close, they could see she was snoozing, a bit of dribble on her chin.

Kayumi stared at her with a bemused sort of interest, approaching her throne and stepping up. He looked her over, using his thumb to wipe away the drool. "Not very befitting for a queen among queens."

His voice stirred her from her nap. She slowly opened her eyes, needing a moment to process who was in front of her. "You... what?"

His head tilted, his unchanging stone expression never matching his rarely changing bland tone, "Have a nice nap?"

Xia'tar's hairs stood on end in shock. "What... what are you doing here, Kayumi?" She quickly started to gather magical energy into her hands.

The demon gave her a knowing smile, "Making my own day."

She lifted her hands towards him as they began to glow. "If you came here to start trouble, I will not stand for it. You may be stronger than me, but that doesn't mean I can't hurt you."

"If I had come to start trouble I would have done it when you were asleep. Instead of wiping the drool you had going down your face like a baby with my hand," he took that time to wipe his thumb on his robe, "I suppose even you need your rest. I believe beds were made for that purpose and not a stiff throne."

Xia slowly lowered her hands. "Beds and proper sleep are for mortals that aren't in charge of half of the world's cosmic beings." She grinned. "And you wouldn't have done anything to me. Even you aren't despicable as to attack me as I doze."

"How confident are you in that statement?" Kayumi questioned, waving a hand and the goddess floated to him, and he caught her, holding her like a bride.

She narrowed her eyes. "What's your game today? You always have about a dozen different angles. Makes me wonder how you make any sense of your own life."

"You think I am too complicated is the problem." Looking up at the ceiling he thought, "I was hoping your other half would be here. He would have been the true fun."

Xia scoffed. "Nothing about or involving Jerin'dek is fun. But if you really want, I can call him and laugh as you two butt heads."

"The joy of doing so would not be as fun as if I had surprised him," The demon was silent in thought and then nodded his head, "Perhaps I will defile his wife."

"W-what!?" Xia quickly moved to get out of his grasp.

She found out firsthand just how much lacking in strength she had compared to him when she couldn't escape, "He would likely get a rile out of that one. Would he even care though? Hm... From what I hear he doesn't seem to care much about anything other than the gods themselves."

"H-he would care!" she quickly answered. "I-if you were to force yourself on a goddess, h-he would take it as much as a declaration of war as if you killed one of us!"

"Hm... force? Why would I use force?" His head tilted again.

She looked up at him in confusion. "Well, how else would you make me do something against my will? Mind control? Wouldn't put it against you."

"Would you like to copulate?" Kayumi asked her outright.

She blinked several times. "You... I... you're asking me... if I want to have sex with you?"

"You asked me how I would do it, so I showed you." Kayumi answered as if that should have been obvious, "Do you have any real reason to refuse the offer?"

"Well, yeah!" Xia'tar laughed. "I mean, you... you're... because I'm... Jerin'dek would flip, actually that would be a good thing, um... I-I, uh... c-can you even... do you even have to functioning parts?"

The demon nodded simply.

"Um... I, uh..." She scratched her chin. "Are you doing this because you want to piss off my so called husband? Because you don't seem like the type to go out and 'pick up chicks', as the mortals say."

"I am mostly doing it because I am seeing if I can do it. The added bonus that you are the king of the gods' wife is just a very big bonus. When was the last time you two were intimate?" The demon questioned her. In truth, he didn't care for the frankly useless primal needs the gods and mortals had. The fact it was working edged him along.

Xia laughed. "With him? Oh, I don't know... I think we tried about four hundred years ago, but it didn't work out."

"How does it not work out? From my knowledge it is the most basic of all actions that I don't think can be possibly messed up."

The goddess shook her head. "I mean there was no passion. No... oomph, you know? Halfway through, we realized there was nothing special that set it apart from any of the other people we had slept with, and we both... lost interest. And awkwardly left."

"Must have been frustrating. And then four centuries of nothing else. A lot of pent up anger leaving you uptight from what I have heard." Kayumi explained, holding her a bit closer against him in her bridal pose.

She pouted, somewhat childishly. "I am not uptight. Who said I was uptight? I want names so I can properly punish them."

"Prime example." Kayumi stated frankly.

Xia glared at him for a moment, then said, "Fine. Let's do it."

"At least you can still tell jokes." The demon stated, releasing the queen and causing her to float back to her throne. Kayumi formed a portal and began walking towards it.

"Wait... what?" Xei sprang to her feet. "Where the hell are you going?! You proposition a woman, then just leave when she says yes?"

"I question the validity of your conviction. I would like to hear it from you directly." Kayumi said as he stopped and turned his head.

She sighed at his fickleness, and shook her head. "Kayumi... would you like to have sex with me?"

"I am standing several feet away, I can't hear you." The demon informed her.

Xie groaned, both stepping over to him and raising her voice. "I would like to have sex with you. Are you interested?"

The demon stared at her for several seconds and stepped aside from the portal, waving her onwards. Xie smiled, and willingly stepped through.

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Dahlexpert: Practice Makes Perfect
Havenbrook Manor
March 19, 3349

Melinda wandered the halls as she normally did, examining the manor and memorizing it’s layout. She had done this countless times, almost having the manor completely memorized. There were a few areas that were hard to recall at times, something she believe to be because of her occasional trances… but she knew the layout by heart for most of the area. It had always been a habit of hers to find every single place whenever she was somewhere new and memorize every detail so that she would never get lost. It was an interesting, though often weird part of Melinda and something she took pride of.

As Melinda continued to travel, she reached the library and saw a woman with a mountain of books all around her. The woman herself wore purple robes and had a magical staff next to her, she looked young with a slim figure. Her hair black with the bottom being purple, the woman was going through book as if studying fifteen pages at once. “Oh so I can do that with ice, and these enchantments are interesting. My these books are very helpful.”

Melinda slowly approached the woman, curious as to what she was doing. “Ummm… hello.” The pale woman stated as she picked up one of the books. “If you don’t mind me asking, what are these?”

Elma turned to Melinda and smiled. “These are spell books, see I’m trying to study as best I can before I get an assignment. And these books hold some very good spells.”

Melinda looked at the book she had in her hand. “And how does one use a book?”

Elma looked at the woman confused. “A… Are you serious? You open them and read the words in them.” Elma grabbed on of the books and gave it to Melinda. “Here give it a shot."

Melinda took the book from Elma and opened it. It became very evident that the pale woman was lost the moment she peered into the content inside the book. “So… ummm, how does one read exactly?”

Elma gave the woman a confused look. “You don’t know how to read, how is that possible? How old are you? Was reading not important to you growing up?”

“My mother had a shelf of things similar to these books…” Melinda stated. “But she called them tomes and told me not to touch them for my own safety.”

“Hum that’s odd, well tomes are a wealth of knowledge and hold dark secrets. But knowledge must be sought out, no matter what. However, she probably had her reasons, but did you not read any other books?”

“I was raised mostly by the streets, so I didn’t have time to do things like reading.” The pale woman answered. “I was more concerned about things like food and trying to find a cure for my mother.”

“Hum so you don’t know how to read, oh how the world can be cruel.” Elma grabbed one of the books and handed it to Melinda.”Here I will help you with this, people should know how to read.”

Melinda gently put down the two books she already had in her hands and sat down next to Elma. She took the book that the woman offered her and waited patiently to see what was next.

Elma continued to read her spell book, and saw that Melinda was struggling a bit. “Do you need help miss, I’m sorry I never got your name?”

“My name is Melinda Silendis.” The pale woman answered. “And yes, some help would be nice.”

Elma closed her book and went to help Melinda. “My name is Elma by the way, now then this book talks about dark magic and how to use it. There are several ways to use it, shadows, small portals and other ways.”

“Dark magic.” Melinda thought for a moment. “Maybe with this, I’ll be able to learn how to control my magic.”

“That’s a good thing to do, magic while powerful and amazing it can be dangerous. Magic can sometimes consume the user, there are many of books warning about this.”

“Oh… that’s good to know.” Melinda lowered her gaze and seemed to have a bit of a defeated look.

“Oh but don’t worry, magic takes time to understand. But once you master it, it’s like your body feels whole… is enhanced. There’s no better feeling in the world.”

“The only problem is mastering it.” the shadowmancer admitted. “It’s nearly consumed me twice already… there’s no telling what kind of control it has over me.”

“Humm tell me have you ever tra...trained with someone before?”

“Yes, though, I have control in those instances.” Melinda replied. “I only seem to lose control when my life is threatened.”

“Well then sounds like you need help in that regard.” Elma got up and went next to Melinda. “I’m sure your mother wanted something more out of you, I mean after all your family is a group of dark witches.”

“Wait, what?” Melinda looked up at Elma. “You know about my family?”

“Do you know how many books I read, your family is a powerful group of dark witches. Your people were the best to wield dark magic.”

“Witches…” Melinda seemed shocked by this news. “Why did mother tell me? What was she trying to hide?”

“I don’t know, but there are books written about your family and their exploits.”

“Can you show me one of those books?” Melinda asked the young woman.

“Yes of course, but only when you spar with me. Do we have a deal?”

“We have a deal.” Melinda confirmed.

“Yea I’ve been meaning to train with someone, at the mage college it’s practice, practice, practice. I want to try fighting!”

Melinda chuckled. “You sure have a fire in you… though, fighting is a lot more complicated than one might think. I am willing to teach you once I’ve had a chance to look at one of those books about my family.”

“Great there are not a lot of people I can spare with so I want get in as much practice before my first mission.”

“Right… but, ummm, the book?” Melinda reminded the young mage.

“Ugh.” Elma went into her bag and rambled into it until she finally pulled it out. “The history of Silendis, here you go now please spare with me.”

Melinda took the book and placed it in her own bag. “Follow me to the training field.” She said as she began to walk out of the library.

“Yeahhh.” Elma cheered as she followed her to the training ground.

Melinda opened the door to the training field. She looked around for a moment, before walking over to a open area. “This should be a good place to spar.”

“Yea, I can’t wait, I never faced someone with dark magic before.”

Melinda smirked. “If you don’t mind, I’ll be using more than just my magic.” She said as she pulled out her sword and dagger.

“Ou um,I never faced someone with those before though. I guess I need to since most people in the world wield weapons.”

“Right.” Melinda noted. “And I’ll give you the honor of the first move.”

Elma used her staff and small balls of fire came out of it heading towards Melinda. The pale woman was quick to dodge the attack, sending shadowy tendrils at the mage in retaliation.

Elma slammed her staff on the ground and a small flash of light went through the ground.” Oh did I mention that I could use light magic.”

With her shadows now useless for the time being, Melinda had to resort to her combat tactics and streetrat ways. She clicked the button on her sword, extending it into a whip-like blade and swung in a wide arc.

“Ahhhh!” Elma screamed in panic and used her ice magic to make a small barrier in front of her. The whip scratch the ice barrier, but couldn’t pierce the whole block. Melinda tried to send tendrils after her again, hoping that the attack had distracted her enough.

Elma in her scared state used her ice barrier as a weapon, Ice weapons started to come out of the barrier and Elma hurled them at Melinda.

Unable to block all of the attacks, several of the weapons stabbed into Melinda, causing her to fall to the ground… stunned by the pain and the bleeding.

“Ahhh!” Elma quickly rushed to Melinda’s side and quickly healed her, but not before she vomited at the sight of Melinda bleeding. “I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry, please don't die on me!”

Melinda choked a few times, her eyes fluttering shut. Her breathing was faint, but she was still alive.

Elma continued to heal the woman still in a panic. “Come on please be okay. I’m so sorry, open your eyes!”

After a moment, Melinda opened her eyes. “Ugh, my head… what happened?”

Elma hugged Melina. “I’m sorry I’m sorry, I still need practice I nearly killed you. I panicked I’m sorry.” Elma said tears going down her face.

Melinda pushed the young woman back, her cheeks flushed red. “Oh… ummm, don’t worry about it. Accidents happen you know. That’s why we take time to practice and ummm… learn from our mistakes.” The shadowmancer laughed nervously as she rubbed the back of her neck.

“I need more practice, and I’m sorry.” Elma said with some gloom in her voice.

Melinda’s checked turned a brighter red. “Oh, no, no, no, it’s not your fault. I was the one that scared you. I shouldn’t have lashed out with my weapon like that.”

“But you're giving me a real combat experience, and I panicked some hunter I’m going to be. I panicked and vomited at the first sign of danger.” Elma said with tears coming down her face.

Melinda pulled Elma back in to hug her, petting the mage’s hair to comfort her. “Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. These things take time to get used to. I’ve had a lifetime, you’ve only had a few minutes. You’ll learn, I promise you that.”

Elma sniffed and wiped some of her tears. “You really think so?”

“I’m positive.” Melinda assured her with a smile. “You just need to be patient with yourself… give yourself time to adjust to this new way of living.”

“Humm I guess I need to practice with my brother after all.” Elma nodded her head. “Thank you miss Melinda for the training.” Elma said with a smile.

Melinda’s cheeks turn red again. “Um… don’t mention it. I’m always willing to help someone in need.”

“Thanks again miss, I need to go to my brother and train with him.” Elma said leaving the training area.

Melinda laughed nervously. “See you later than…” Melinda you idiot, you don’t even know if she’s into that… why are you fantasizing about her?

Last edited:

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Black0ut: Drinking Problems

Jay sat at the nearby town’s tavern, having wanted reprieve from the other Hunters. Surprisingly, he had drank quite a significant amount of beer, having outdone the other patrons by a big margin. Jay sighed, leaving his mug on the bar. Mags hadn’t been in the tavern, much to his chagrin. “I hates it when I get surr- surr... grouped up on by people. I wish… I had something nicer than a bracelet for Sylvie, and… I wonder if people hate me. Do you hate me?” Jay asked the bartender, before shaking his head to signify that he didn’t want an answer.

Zulik walked into the tavern, still skeptical of the note he had been given to meet Jay here. As he approached the bar, the corrupted Elf noticed his command. The man was obviously drunk. Zulik sighed as he said. “What did you want me here for exactly?”

“To talk. That and to understand you a bits better.” Jay replied, slurring his words slightly, as he attempted to focus on Zulik.

“I’d be more inclined to do that when you’ve sobered up a bit.” Zulik replied, his eye shifting to the mug next to the Light Elf.

“Oh, don’t be like that! I can’t even - hiccup - use my magic to do anything to you. I know we haven’tz had the best of inter- inter... doing things with each other. But could we start over?” Jay asked, taking the mug and downing its contents in one quick and smooth action.

“Why, yes… we can start all over and see where it goes from there.” Zulik started. “As soon as you drop the mug and get some sleep.”

“N-no… I don’t want to dream about where I came from… t-that’s hell for me…” Jay replied, laying his head down on the bar.

“It’ll get that damn toxic material out of your system.” Zulik countered. “You’re not thinking straight and it’s obvious.”

“Oh, fuck thinking straight! Thinking straight did absolutely nothing for forty-six years! You have no idea what it’s like, having people pity you, not being able to walk right, or having night terrors every night...” Jay trailed off, his slurred speech still being quite prominent.

“You're right, I don’t… but what is this doing!” Zulik slammed his fist on the bar next to Jay. “Being drunk doesn’t help either, it just makes things worse for you and those around you.”

“Have you witnessed those you love die around you as you were beaten yourself, unable to save them? Or remember what it's like to be tortured? Do you have any idea how painful it is to live everyday?” Jay asked, slumping down onto the table.

“No, I don’t.” Zulik glared at the Light Elf. “But I don’t understand how this is going to help you or your relationship.”

Jay returned the glare, restraining himself from trying to strike the Elf. “Don’t bring her into this argument. Or are you so petty you’ll go for low blows like that? Regardless, it helps me forget so I can relax without feeling broken or beaten. Besides your corruption, you have nothing that cuts you as deep as my years as a slave.”

“So, you’d rather live a lie then become one with the truth? That’s a pathetic way to spend your life.”

“Yeah. Zulik… you have no idea why I get so upset with you, do you? Guess who’s hand this is hanging around my neck?” Jay asked, his quietness and slurred speech making it difficult to hear him.

Zulik looked at the Light Elf with an irritated look. “You can tell me all about it back at the manor… for now, I don’t care for hearing sad tales from an alcoholic.”

“Alcoholic… has a nice ring to it, I suppose. But what about you, corrupted one? Do you just like being an asshole or is that how you are normally?” Jay fumed, taking a moment to calm himself down. “This… isn’t my intent. I don’t want to argue with you, and I don’t want to trade insults with you. Please… just this once, don’t treat me like every other Elf has by ignoring what I want to say to you.”

Zulik sighed. “I guess now would be a good time to thank you then.”

“For what?” Jay asked, confusion marking his face.

“For having Magdalene help me.” Zulik told Jay, a grin on his face. “Thanks to you, I was able to place a foot down on my corruption.”

“Oh… no problem. Thought of you while I was talking to her. But that’s good to hear. Can’t have my rival dying on me due to corruption…” Jay responded, closing his eyes.

“Well, if you’re looking to talk to her, she’s recently join the Havenbrook Organization as a Hunter.” Zulik informed his rival.

“Oh… so that’s why she isn’t here. That explains a lot.” Jay nodded as he tried to stand, but his crippled leg gave out on him causing him to bang his head on the bar, his fake eye popping out.

Zulik grabbed the Light Elf before he actually hit the ground. “You okay?”

Jay’s head spun, as his vision seemed distorted. In Zulik’s place four versions of him stood side by side, overlapping one another. “Oww… why are there four of you?”

“And that’s means you have a concussion.” Zulik noted as he grabbed the glass eye and help Jay to his feet. “I think now would be a good time to leave.”

“I might have to agree with you… but can we get some food? I’m a little hungry…” Jay replied, tilting unsteadily in various directions.

Zulik sighed. “Fine, but please make it quick… You’ll need medical attention soon.”

Jay nodded and proceeded to fall flat on his face, his leg still not better. “Oww…”

Zulik quickly helped the Light Elf to his feet. “You’re not in the state to be walking it seems.”

“You try having a broken leg, see if you can walk when you’re drunk as a skunk…” Jay grumbled.

“I had a broken ankle, if that helps.” Zulik remarked. “You should really see about getting that healed though.”

“Ten years ago, yeah, it could’ve been healed. Now? It’s way too late. Besides, I can manage if I’m in combat, otherwise I can’t do anything…” Jay replied, nearly collapsing again from his leg.

The priest looked at Jay for a moment. This what was left of the ultimate strategist that nearly killed him… a half-drunk cripple with no more self-esteem. “How were you able to walk for so long then? The damage on your leg should’ve crippled you a long time ago.”

ExoGrim

Drinking Problems: Part 2

“You learn how to move through jobs as a slave, how to get the best ones, and to never ever let another person in. You learn to hate your fellows, your friends, and all who dare get in your way, save your masters. I got many people killed so I didn’t have to walk. Your looking at the most ruthless slave who flirted, bribed, threatened, killed, and convinced other slaves to give him what he wants. I’m no hero. But to answer your question… I had easy things I had to do compared to most slaves.” Jay answered, a malicious grin on his face.

“You were a slave, huh.” Zulik paused for a moment. “That would explain the physical trauma, and lack of self preservation and the hatred you seem to have for Elves.”

“Your kind gave me almost all of my wounds. Of course, I hate Elves… but you, Zulik… you’re not really an Elf anymore are you?”

“I never really considered myself one to begin with.” Zulik replied. “I was born and raised in a small town of Light Elves… so I wasn’t exposed to this hatred that you are used to. The only time we had those kind of problems was when travelers came into town… but me and Jarison usually took care of them.”

“You’re just a simple village boy? I’d never have guessed… suppose it’s all well, considering you won’t hear where I came from beyond ‘slave kid’.” Jay replied, slurring his words slightly less.

“Luckily for you, I’m not one for pressing details.” Zulik joked.

“Right… Zulik?” Jay rolled his head to the side, so he could look at the Elf.

“Yes?” Zulik inquired.

“Thank you, for not blowing me off, and refusing to come here… I know we can be assholes to one another, but… thank you.” Jay lowered his head, either too tired to keep it raised or doing so to shelter himself somewhat if Zulik didn't accept his thanks.

“No problem.” Zulik remarked. “We work for the same Guild, don’t we? We’ll have to have each others backs eventually, right?”

Jay looked away, some shame on his face. “You’re still quite naive, Zulik. This world will try to kill the optimistic, and break the strong-willed. If you truly believe that everyone will protect one another… well. There were several people I tried to protect on missions, and all of them… were not because I’m selfless or because I’m kind…” Jay straightened somewhat and peered into Zulik’s eyes with a bone-chilling look, “But because they offer something usually in return. Erin for lab work, a racist Human to redeem myself in Havenbrook’s eyes, and many more beyond this Guild itself. Zulik… if Sylvie had not come into my life… I would’ve tried to kill you more than once… and I would’ve continued until I succeeded. She’s the only reason I seek to express compassion or exhibit anything beyond basic emotions. She’s the reason why I can drink and get very drunkenly happy.”

“Well, it’s a good thing that you did meet her.” Zulik stated. “You could’ve turned out much worse otherwise… but it seems the miracle of love managed to save you.” Zulik then let out a sigh, before muttering, “I wish I was that fortunate…” Under his breath.

“Love did not save me… I still think in that way and occasionally act so… I’m not really all that better than when I was a new slave.” Jay started walking forward, still stumbling a bit, but walking fairly fast.

“Better to have progress than failure…” The corrupted Elf remarked, following Jay in order to make sure he didn’t fall again.

“And to me, that is failure outright… being so jaded to the world to consider people as assets rather than as living, breathing creatures. If anything, I’m still just as dangerous and evil as I was before, just… hiding it better is all that’s changed.”

“Always with the stubborn thinking…” Zulik muttered as he adjusted his gauntlet arm.

“You think just ‘cause I’m drunk I’ll be less stubborn? You have a very active imagination, my rival…” Jay attempted to insult, stumbling over his words due to his own drunkenness.

“But you see, that imagination allows me to think outside the box, and come up with plans that work when all others fail.” The priest countered.

“And how many of those great ideas actually lead to something worthwhile? I doubt many… regardless, I think I need to head back to the manor… but it’s a little too far for me to reach drunk and crippled, so… you mind helping me?”

“Sure thing.” Zulik slung the Light Elf’s arm over his shoulder. “Shall we be off?”

“If you don’t want some ale, I guess sure?” The Light Elf replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“I’m not one for alcohol.” Zulik remarked as he walked Jay out of the tavern. “Didn’t like what it does to your brain.”

“Ah… I see. Off to home then.” The Light Elf murmured, his head nodding downwards as he began to drift to sleep on their journey home.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Anything for Family (Marine and Exo)

Zulik made his way to the training field, hoping to get a workout done before he needed to eat. He had learned to be more careful, and didn't exert himself as much as he used to, but he did need to train at least a little bit each day to keep in shape. He rolled his shoulders and began practicing his form on one of the training dummies.

Across,the room by the other fitness equipment, a young looking man was pulling himself up by a tall bar. His shirt was gone so his tanned body revealed golden shaded scales tinged with small amounts of brown, sweating for the exerting workout. Though he was lean, he had an impressive muscular structure.

Zulik approached the young man. "You seem new around here." He remarked. "What's your name?"

"Lyr." the young man responded semi-distracted. "Who are you?" he asked with strain in his tone.

"Zulik." The corrupted Elf answered.

"Alright... Now please leave me... Alone. I am trying to..." Lyr's arms shook and he dropped to the ground with an exclamation of pain, "Concentrate..."

Zulik looked up at the bar and back down to Lyr. "You seem to be overworking yourself."

"Grr... I was doing just fine till you came and annoyed me old man!" the Ophidian exclaimed, quickly picking himself back up.

"Consider how much you were sweating and the strain in your voice... I'd say otherwise." The priest noted.

"I was just fine. You hear me? Just fine." Turning up his nose, Lyr went back to trying to do pullups before falling back down again.

"Yeah, just fine." Zulik retorted. "You know, I wouldn't still be here with I didn't got through the same thing you're going through now."

"Yeah, what do you know?" The Ophidian contested.

"Consider and managed to not only break my own ankle, but nearly kill myself just through training alone..." Zulik stated. "I know a thing or two about overworking yourself because you feel like you're not good enough."

With a frown, Lyr crossed his arms and looked away.

Zulik sighed. "I'm sorry if I came off as rude or demanding. I just don't want others to go through what I went through."

"Well you know, sometimes people have to go through hardship. How else are they supposed to learn?" Lyr questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"By listening to others and getting help when they need to most." Zulik suggested.

"Relying on others doesnt always neccassitate personal growth. Sometimes it is detrimental."

"That depends on who you rely on." Zulik countered. "Though not everyone can be trusted, everyone needs someone they can trust."

"I already have someone..." He whispered with a blush.

"Oh really... And who might that be?" Zulik asked, not sure if he was making it up or not.

"My... My mother. She is all the motivation I need to get stronger. She is my goal." Lyr expressed with unusual determination.

"Your mother..." Zulik thought for a moment, before muttering. "I wish I had that kind of connection to my family."

"Well why don't you?" The Ophidian asked as he stood.

"Because I never had the chance to meet them." Zulik responded. "I was raised by my town's church."

"Ever try and look for them?" the teen questioned.

"I had no leads to go off of." The priest stated. "There was nowhere for me to look."

"So in other words you gave up?" the Ophidian teen walked up to Zulik closely, "No one ever got anything in life because they gave up. Leads or no leads, you shouldn't have stopped. What if something came up you didn't know before? You would be left in the dark." With a serious look, the golden haired Hunter pointed a finger at the elf's face, "Do anything for family. There is nothing more important in the world. You hear me? Overexert yourself until you get what you want."

"It's kind of hard to do anything for a family you don't have." Zulik stated, lowering his gaze. "For all I know, they could be dead... what would be the point then?"

"Closure! And besides, if your family was dead, dont you think they would want you to know about them?"

"I guess you have a point there." Zulik admitted. "But, where am I supposed to start? They left nothing for my to follow. From what I heard, the church found me in a forest when I was only a few months old."

"You won't have a clear cut answer right away, look in surrounding areas. Stuff like that."

"Alright. I guess I should thank you for giving me some shred of hope for finding my parents." Zulik told Lyr.

"You can pay me back by not getting on my case about how hard I work. How I progress is my own business until I ask for help."

"Alright." Zulik said. "I should get back to my own training for now... see you later."

With a nod, Lyr gave himself a small sniff and recoiled, getting up to head to the baths.

Dahlexpert

Brother and sister training

Have Brook manner

Hunter’s barracks

9:15 AM

Elma knocked on her brothers door, hoping that he was awake after about ten minutes he didn’t answer. She looked around the manner for about thirty minutes until she finally saw her brother, Charter was training with a dull sword against a training dummy.

Charter swung his sword at the training dummy, and bashed his shield at it. After a while he looked to his side and saw his sister. “Um hay Elma, what can I do for you?”

Elma kicked the dirt and looked at Charter. ”Um Charter brother, ca...Can you train me? I need some combat experience with people coming at me.”

“You want to train with me? Um yea sure I have no problem with that, so do you want me to use a wooden weapon or a real one?”

“Um a real one, I need to get a real experience.”

“Ugh fine alright I can see your serious about this so, I’m going to get a dull sword and we can start.” Charter went to grabbed a wooden weapon despite what his sister said. Charter then grabbed his shield and sat it down he then left, once he came back Elma noticed he was carrying a yellow bottle. He poured the contents of the bottle on his shield, Charter knowing that this vile was used for magical protection. He then turned around to Elma. “Alright let’s go.”

“Hay I said real weapons, why are you using wood?!”

“Because you don’t know what you’re asking for, now then let’s get started.”

Elma sighted, and launched a fire ball at Charter hoping to burn his shield. Though to her surprise the shield didn’t burn and found herself on the defensive and backing up out of fear.

Charter swung the wooden sword at Elma, hitting her shoulder forcing her on the ground. “Do not be cocky, you maybe a great sorceress but you lack in experience makes you to jumpy.”

“Ow that hurt.” Elma rubbed her shoulder to ease the pain, Charter then grabbed her arm and drove his dagger into her arm.” AHHHHH! Damn it Charter why did you do that!?” Elma started to heal the wound Charter gave her.

“Leeson number one you’re not invincible sis, you maybe a spell caster but you are kill able. Especially against archers, the reason why I stabbed you that’s pain real scorch in pain. This is why I didn’t want to use a real sword on you.”

As Elma started to whine, tears stared to fall down her face. “I’m a failure, no matter how good I am with magic I can’t fight worth a thing.”

“Sis you don’t suck, your just inexperience. You will be in a real fight soon, something you never been in before. So here’s what you do play to your strengths, for you that’s range keep people at bay do you understand?”

Elam whipped the tears from her eyes and stood up. “Ca…Can we start over please?”

Charter rubbed his sisters head. “Of course except this time I will be instructing you alright.” Charter went back to the other end of the room and grabbed his crossbow, and grabbed some practice arrows. “Now then let’s give you a real form of battle, your mission is to take me down alright. “Don’t worry I’ll go easy on you, and use your mind alright?”

Elma smiled at her brother and nod her head. “Yes I’m ready.” Elma got into position and ready herself for Charters attack.

Charter fired a crossbow bolts at Elma, and awaited to see what she would do.

Elam made an ice wall to block the arrows and to think. “Alright how am I going to get to Charter, I can’t do that when I’m behind this wall.”

“Your damn right you can’t.” Charter came from the side of the wall and plunged his sword into Elma chest. “And your dead.”

“No fair I was thinking, I wasn’t ready for a counter.” Elma said pouting at Charter

“That battlefield is unforgiving sis, you don’t have time to prepare you need the think on the fly.” Charter put his wooden weapons back. “That’s enough for today.”

“No I want to keep going until, I finally hit you!”

Charter nodded his head and grabbed his wooden weapons again. “Alright so be it, well go all day until you get this.”

“Thank you Charter, now please don’t go easy on me.”

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Frostlich1228 & Exogrim: "A Corrupted Fate"
Havenbrook Manor
Hunter's Barracks

Zulik laid in his room, taking a break from his daily training... one that he vigorously cut down on due to the injuries and complications that revolved around it. He munched lightly on a piece of bread that he grabbed on his way to his room. The Elf couldn't help but feeling like someone was near... someone that he had never met before, but felt connected to in some way. He had never felt this way before, but the feeling had been reoccurring for the past week. This left the priest thinking something might be wrong with them.

Magdalene walked through the hall outside his door, ruminating on the events recently. As she passed by Zulik's door, she recalled the time she helped him.

Wanting to make sure everything was okay, the sheep brought her hand up to the Elf's door and knocked.

Zulik approached the door, opening it to see the Sheep girl in front of him. "Oh, Mags... what brings you here?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay... It's been some time since I helped you." Mags replied.

"I am doing fine..." Zulik stated. "The issue has been revolved for the most part and I haven't had to worry about my corruption for a while."

"That's good. Um... Any bad dreams at all?" Magdalene asked.

"Not really..." Zulik told her. "Most of my dreams have been uneventful recently."

"Good. I'm glad to hear you're doing okay." The Thrope girl smiled.

There was a bit of an awkward pause, before Zulik asked. "Is it possible for us to go into the dream world again? I need to ask my corruption a few questions."

"Yes..." Zulik replied. "I've been having this strange feeling lately and I want to know if it has any answers."

"How do you? How do you plan to talk to it? Last time we saw it it wasn't exactly in a talking mood..." The sheep stated.

"I figured it being trapped by your friend, it would be a little more cooperative." Zulik opened the door wider so that Mags may come into the room. "You never know until you try."

"I suppose so..." She said, stepping into the room. "We shouldn't need someone to watch us... Baphomet should be able to protect us if anything happens."

"So that's his name." Zulik muttered. "It'll good to be able to address him properly when I see him again."

Magdalene looked confused for a moment before realization hit her. "Oh! That's right... I couldn't even hear him when I went into your dreams last time..."

"That is correct, he was pretty contempt on you not knowing his true identity back then." Zulik remarked as he prepared himself to enter the dream world. "I'm assuming that he opened up to you then."

"Not by choice really... But yeah." Mags replied. "I've come to understand him since then."

Zulik smiled. "Good to hear. Now, let's see about having our little chat, shall we?"

"Right..." Mags prepared her harp, which she had safely stored in a bag on her back. "You should lay down, you know, like last time."

Zulik laid down on his bed, just like he did last time. "Whenever you're ready..."

The Sheep strummed her harp as she did before, filling the room with a relaxing, sleepy melody. Her then glowed it's faint, light green, weaving the sound waves with magic.

The same dark room from before formed around Zulik and Mags. The void surrounding them vast... but Zulik knew exactly where the beast could be found. He quickly scanned the area for Mags and Baphomet before leaving, as he would need them just in case the creature that was his corruption freed itself.

He wandered in the void for an undeterminable amount of time, until suddenly, the visage of a small lamb seemed to walk out of thin air. Well well... It would seem I am back in your mind, once again...

Zulik chuckled. "Good to see you again, Baphomet."

As it is for you... But I wonder... Why exactly has she brought you here again? The sheep spoke within his mind.

"I ask her to bring me here." Zulik answered. "So that I may inquire with my corruption."

Truly? And what do you think it would know that you do not? Baphomet inquired.

"It might know why I feel like someone is coming to the Manor." Zulik told the Nightgaunt.

You feel as though something is coming? How interesting... The nightgaunt said, taking his true form once again. Very well, it should be a simple task, seeing as it is trapped.

"That it should be." Zulik mentioned, noticing the absence of a certain sheep girl. "Where's Mags?"

Zulik suddenly felt a presense behind him, as if on cue, it was the aformentioned sheep girl. "Zulik, there you are. You found Baphomet I see."

"Ah, good to see you're okay." Zulik said with a sigh. "Let us be off then."

"So uh... Do you know where we're going?" Mags asked, looking around the strange dark void.

"Yes, it's been in the same place since we were first here." Zulik answer, walking through the void as if he knew it like the back of his hand.

Both the sheep followed closly behind Zulik as he walked towards seemingly more blackness. The Elf's mind was not like a normal dream nor the raw Dreamscape they had been to before, it was different, it made Magdalene feel uneasy somewhere deep inside of her.

After long, they reached the black cage that held the embodiment of Elf's corruption. The beast looked up at the trio and seemed to grin. "Ah... you have come once again, like I knew you would."

The cage itself seemed to be deteriorating somewhat, with the 'bars' becoming thin and weakened. Indeed. But perhaps we are simply here to remove you for good...

The beast chuckled. "You say that like I am ignorant, Baphomet. I am one with this priest... just as he will soon be one with me."

"Not if I can do anything he won't..." Magdalene countered, crossing her arms.

"So naive, this young lamp... makes me wonder why you take so fondly to her, Zulik." The beast said, his gaze shifting to the corrupted Elf. "Now, those question I know you're dying to ask me."

"Yeah! And you'd better be truthful." Magdalene said, attempting to be stern.

"Why would I lie? The truth is far more entertaining." The beast state with a chuckle.

"Then how about you start by telling me what this feeling is." Zulik demanded.

The corruption seemed to grin in it's beastly state. "You see yourself as one unfortunately soul, plagued by the unfortunate turns of fate. You are wrong. What happened to you was planned by Destani long ago, as a reaccording fate, one that changes with time, but always happens. You are merely one of seven, born to obtain dark, but great power... it is your birthright... I am your birthright."

Well... Isn't that interesting... Baphomet placed a long finger on his chin.

"W-What do you mean? Someone meant for this to happen?" The Sheep confirmed.

"Not just anyone, the God of Fate and his father, the God of Time have been planning out Zulik's fate, as well as the fate of six others, since the day they were all born. They are merely pawns, given the power of kings in order to test if mortals can handle the power of sin."

"Ex-Excuse me? That's... Then why the rampant destruction? All the innocent lives?" Mags asked, taken aback.

"That is not of Destani's control... there are other forces that wish to change fate." The beast told them with a chuckle. "My master has bigger plans... but as it seems that I am stuck in this accursed body, I am working against him."

It's possible they are the ones responsible for my Mistress' slumber... Unlikely, but possible... The Nightgaunt whispered into Mags' ear.

"So this is all some... Sick test?" The Thrope responded.

"My master would not waste his time with such tasks." The beast said. "And there is no point in secrecy, we may by in the dream world, but this is my domain, I hear all that goes on here."

It's adorable that you think that... Locked behind a cage as you are... You are merely an intruder, an unwanted guest... The Ebony skinned creature crawled forward.

"A minor setback." The larger creature remarked. "Do remember that, as Zulik becomes stronger, so do I. I will break out of here eventually, it is only a matter of time."

As the creature spoke, Mags looked over to Zulik to see how he was handling the recent revelation.

Zulik seemed to be rather calm, despite the news. He looked up at the creature. "You mentioned that you grow stronger as I do... how is that?"

The beast's grin widened. "The corruption you adsorb grants you strength, but it grants me strength as well. Soon, you will not be able to hold all the corruption on your own, and we will have to become one, or die."

"So... The more corruption you absorb, the closer you get to..." The Farmgirl reiterated slowly.

"Freedom..." The beast stated with glee. "Whether your friend can tame me is the question you should be concerned about."

"Well, he's not alone here. He has people who can help him." Mags replied, looking up and Zulik.

"Right." Zulik said with confidence. "We will stop you, no matter the cost. You will not have control over my body."

You overestimate yourself, creature. The Nightgaunt agreed.

The beast laughed. "We will see when the time comes."

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

"A Corrupted Fate" - Part 2

Magdalene pulled on Zulik's arm. "Anything else you want to ask it?"

"No, that will be all for now." Zulik replied with a small smirk. "Let's leave the mutt to his cage."

The beast grunted. "I will see you soon then, Zulik."

"I don't like the way it said that..." The Farmgirl mentioned.

"There's no need to worry." Zulik assured Mags. "He won't be a problem again for sometime."

"Good." Mags looked up at Baphomet. "We're ready to wake up now."

Very well... This was very interesting, all things considered... It would seem the gods are drawn quite closely to this place... I could only fathom a guess as to why, however... The Divergent went on.

"I'm sure you can figure something out." Zulik told the Nigthgaunt with a encouraging smile. "It seems like you usually do."

The Nightgaunt outstretched his claws, cutting what was almost like a portal behind them. Entering through there will bring you back to your bodies.

"Until next time." Zulik said as he stepped into the portal.

Suddenly, Zulik was shot awake, Mags shortly after. The sheep yet out a small yawn as she looked over at the Elf. "I um... I hope this helped Zulik..."

"Yes, yes it did." Zulik stated. "Now all I have to do he figure who these other six are and see if that's where this feeling is coming from."

"But, where would we even start looking?" The Sheep girl wondered.

"Well..." Zulik placed his hand on his chin. "It's very likely that whoever this person I feel the presence of is, they can likely feel mine as well. We might want to wait a bit, see if someone that might be of interest comes to the manor. From there we'll just have to hope they know more than I do about this."

"So... We wait? But we can't wait for too long, can we? Not with your corruption growing." Mags pointed out.

"Considering it only grows when I adsorb more corruption, we should be fine." Zulik reminded the Sheep girl.

"Right..." She replied, sitting up slowly. Then something the corruption said popped back into her head. It said he took fondly to me... I wonder...

"Something the matter?" Zulik inquired.

The Thrope looked over at him, then away. "Do you...? U-Um... Nevermind. It's nothing."

"Are you sure it's nothing?" Zulik asked, confused. "If you want to ask me something, go ahead. I'll answer whatever you need me to."

"U-Uh..." The Sheep blushed slightly, rubbing her neck as he put her on the spot. "Your corruption... It said you uh... Took fondly to me? It meant... As a friend, right?"

Zulik paused, not sure how to respond. "Yes... among other things..."

"Oh... Um... Okay." Mags blushed slightly, unsure what 'other things' he might've meant.

Their was a long awkward pause before Zulik nervously cleared his throat. "Ummm... Mags?"

"Oh huh!?" The sheep gave a awkward smile. "S-Sorry! I uh... spaced out... for a second... hehe..."

"It's okay, I was just wondering..." Zulik seemed to sweat a little and his cheeks turn a light red. "Have you ever been in a relationship before?"

"U-Uh... Why um... Not really... no..." Magdalene shrunk slightly.

"Maybe you could give it a try?" Zulik asked, obviously nervous about the whole situation. "Give us a try? I wouldn't know for sure, but there's always the possibility that we would have a nice relationship. I mean, your cute and funny... I might not be the most handsome of fellows, but I feel like I understand you and... I want to be able to get to know you better."

Her eyes widened as she looked around, clearly shocked. "Give u-us? A-A shot? I-I mean... Me? And you? T-Together? I-I... I... I..."

Zulik lowered his gaze. "Right, it was stupid of me to think that... I'm sorry for bringing it up."

"No!" She stopped him. "No... Uh... I mean... This is just... So sudden... And no one's ever... I... I need time! Yes... That's what I need is time..."

"That all the time you need." Zulik told her. "My apologies for the suddenness of it all. I've never felt this way for someone before and I wasn't sure how to... approach it."

"I've uh... Never had someone feel that way... About me either... I uh..." Mags suddenly stopped, staring off into the distance.

"Something wrong?" Zulik asked, looking concerned.

The words passed through one ear and out the other without doing much. However after a few moments she snapped out of it. "What? Oh... S-sorry this is just... A lot..."

"Are you doing alright?" Zulik said as he placed a hand on her forehead to make sure she wasn't running a fever. "You've been spacing out a lot and it's starting to concern me."

"I'm just... Overwhelmed..." The Thrope admitted, scooting a few inches away from his hand. "W-Why me?"

"I honestly don't know." Zulik said. "Just, something about talking to you, makes me feel joy that I haven't felt before. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something."

"But... What do you mean? I'm... I'm so confused..." She asked, looking back and forth.

"If wish I knew what I meant." The corrupted Elf looked dully at his gauntlet arm. "But... I can't seem to find the right word for what I'm feeling."

"I... I'm sorry... I just need time..." Mags said, standing up.

"I am a patient man." Zulik replied. "You'll probably need some space too... you I guess I'll see you later than?"

"Y-Yeah... Zulik..." She gave him a slight wave, waiting for him to leave before remembering this was his room.

Standing up, she backed off towards the door. "Well uh... See you... I guess... Uh..."

"Good bye." Zulik said with a smile.

"Eee... Yes... Bye... For now..." She replied, his smile obviously making her more flustered as she slinked out of the room.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Freedom Train

Wynne Bigg Casino
Party Hall
Themosa
April 20th, 3349

A loud crack filled the air of the gleaming casino as a tall man in a bright red suit slid the cue across the main pool table into the white ball, the orb flew across the table, clacking into other balls and pocketing three others. The Chandelier above gleamed rays of light over the table as he completed his shot, causing the air to almost sparkle.

The man leaned back, chalking his cue as the other players clapped. His hair was spiked and rough, the tips of the spikes dyed a bright, candy-like pink. Like all of the guests at this casino party, he was wearing a personal mask, his being a bright, sparkling blue with sharp spikes poking off the sides.

“What an excellent shot! You’re quite the player aren’t you?” An older party going human asked, his white beard covering his mouth under a mask which seemed to have almost clunky looking goggles weaved into it.

The young man in the red suit grinned, “I told you, I’m pretty good…”

Another man at the table wearing a diamond encrusted mask, scoffed, “Please… I could make that shot with my eyes closed…”

“Want to make that a bet?” The pink haired man asked, smirking as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of gold coins.

His eyes widened, then sharpened, “How about you try that bet if you’re so good?”

The Red-Suited player swayed his head back and forth slightly before pulling out a handkerchief. “You have a bet…”

The player with the jeweled mask shook his head. “You must be drunk… But fine, I want to see you fail this.”

“If I make this… I want… One Hundred gold from all of you…” The man in the blue mask bet.

“And when you fuck it up?”

“Then I’ll pay each of you one hundred…” He replied.

The older man coughed, then laughed, counting the players, many of whom were watching this very closely. “That’s… One thousand gold out of your pocket!”

“And one thousand in mine, if I make it…” The Red-Suit pointed out.

The other players looked between each other, then all of them nodded, placing their coins on a side table. The older partier chuckled heartily, “Oh! This is the kind of risk taking I came here to see!”

The goggled man suddenly looked over to the side of the room, which was lined with food, drinks, and sweets of all varieties. His eyes focused on a curvy and voluptuous girl a few feet away from him, dressed in what looked to be a decorated maids uniform. Her skin had a thin layer of orange-brown fur covering it, along with a catlike face that protruded out slightly and a long tail that matched her skin. “You! Come here!”

The Thrope turned around promptly, carrying a tray full of snacks and food as she made her way over to the older man. “Y-Yes master?”

“Fetch me some of that wine in the corner over there! And it better be the right kind or I’ll have you cleaning up after the dogs!” The man with the snowy beard barked, droplets of spit flying from his mouth.

The Thrope quickly obeyed his command as one of the other patrons, who were playing but currently sitting out of this match, walked forward. Her hair was done in a fancifully weaved upward pillar of gems and jewels of all kinds, which brought out the mysterious black of her lace mask. “Baron, that’s quite the pet you have there, what is that?”

He grinned widely, some of his teeth clearly missing. “One of them big cats from the Duchy, I don’t know what she was doing or if they even got her there, all I know is she was a great deal… Especially for an young girl with an affinity like hers, she’ll be serving my kids kids and they pawned her off for a measly five thousand! Musta been new traders the idiots… That’ll teach them when they find out what she was really worth!”

The Jeweled mask man leaned forward on the table. “What’ve you been using her for? Because I could come up with all sorts of ideas…”

The Baron held up a hand. “I don’t screw the pets. I just have her cleaning, fetching drinks, can’t have her cook because of all that fur, but I’ve been planning on getting massage lessons for the girl… If my son wants to play around with her then that’s his business after she’s his, none of my concern then.”

“Ah-Hem.” The Red-Suited man coughed into his hand, getting the attention of the crowd. “I thought we were doing this bet? Are we or aren’t we?”

The Baron chuckled. “Right Right! Yes, go ahead, I want to see this.”

The spiky haired man quickly wrapped the handkerchief over her eyes, fumbling slightly before grabbing the pool cue of the side.

“Free Money…” The other young man said with anticipation.

“Oh… I can do this easy… It’ll just keep out uh… Distractions…” The now blindfolded man said, trying to project his voice to to his right.

Around a corner, a bulky man in a grey and black suit vest picked up the cue. His mask, unlike his general outfit, was a prismatic rainbow of colors that seemed to change and shift in the light. He slid out from behind the corner and looked around the room, picking out the visage of a female deer Thrope, wearing the same maid outfit as the Thrope from before. The man picked up an empty glass off the table as the men playing pool set up the balls exactly as they had been, then approached the doe.

He slid up next to her, feigning as if he was asking for a drink as he whispered in a voice that was a higher pitch that would be expected for such a well built man. “Well, Lovely… Everything set?”

The Doe nodded slightly, giving an expert, emotionless poker face. “She’s set… I just wish we could get that Lioness out today…”

“Believe me, I do too but… It’ll be hard babe, you know they keep an eye on the new ones and even more so on the rare ones… It’ll have to be a while…” The man said regretfully as Lovely filled his glass inconspicuously.

The Doe looked over at the Lioness as she delivered the drinks to the Baron. “I’ll make sure to watch her back in here after you’re gone… Now, about the Tom. I managed with… Good behavior… To take her place up here in the main room, she got set to food prep downstairs…”

“She also broke a glass right to push you a little more ahead? That’s dangerous.” The well built man stated.

“She volunteered. She got a beating but she said it was well worth it to get out of here… Now we can’t talk for much longer… Once Fancypants goes for that shot, all eyes will be on him, you should have some time to slip down into the staff area and get her out… I’ll keep anyone from going down into the kitchens the best I can…” Lovely quickly looked over to the table as everyone gathered around it in anticipation as Fancypants set up for the one thousand gold shot, even the guards were watching carefully, much to the vested man’s joy.

He moved slowly to the side of the entrance to the kitchens below as Lovely whispered to him once more. “Good luck Peacock. Tom’s counting on you.”

Peacock snuck down the stepped quickly and discreetly, coming to a much less fancy looking area of the Casino. The kitchens were a darkish grey color all around as servants and some casino staff moved about quickly and did their work. He quickly pulled off his mask, revealing messy dark brown and a neck full of bright blue feathers. His uniform should be inconspicuous enough to avoid the staff staring for too long, especially considering they aren’t yet familiar with the Baron’s personal servants.

Peacock walked through the kitchen, the Baron’s Thrope ‘pets’ willfully ignoring the man to focus on their work and the Staff paying him no mind because of it. This allowed him to quickly make his way into a laundry room in all the way in the corner of the area. He quickly poked his head in and, deeming it clear, closed the door behind him.

In the corners of the small room were baskets and piles of clothes and, in the center, was a black and white cat Thrope. She smiled brightly. “Peacock… You’re here! I was getting a little worried.”

“Don’t worry Babe, just keep it low… So, is the plan for the laundry exit still a go?” He asked quietly.

The cat nodded, “Mmhm. He paid for the hard drinks. Some of those humans are so wasted they can barely stand, let alone keep their clothes clean… There is enough here that they’ll have to outsource the cleaning, they don’t have enough hands to wash it all before tomorrow’s party.”

“Go-ho-hood” Peacock grinned, “You prepped a basket?”

“Yes.” The Cat stated, pulling out a easily six by seven foot basket filled with dirty laundry which had already been loaded onto a wooden trolley for easy transport.

“Alright, then we’re solid.” Peacock stated, “Get in.”

“This plan still sounds ridiculous… Are you sure it’s going to work?” She asked, stepping into the basket.

“I’m not sure of anything, Babe. But this is our best bet.” He replied, pulling off his clothes.

“Wh-What are you doing now?”

“Undressing. You can watch, I don’t care. I’m going to put on one of these clean staff uniforms.” He answered, pulling his clothes off and grabbing one of the uniforms.

“B-But… They don’t have any Thrope staff here.” The Cat noted.

“Like I said… Don’t worry…” As soon as he threw the uniform on, he pulled a make-up kit out of his original outfit. “I have my ways.”

Liberally using a thick foundation, Peacock completely covered his blue feathers and proceeded to blend it into his skin tone as the cat covered herself completely in the basket. All it all, it only took a minute or so before he made his way out of the laundry room with his package, looking just like any other human in the building.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Freedom Train - Part 2

He carted the laundry down a number of ramps towards the back exit of the building, used for loading and unloading. As he reached the large open door, he was greeted by the sight of two staff members and the driver of the large transport carriage conversing with eachother.

One of the casino staff, turned around as he approached, stopping him for a moment. “Uh… I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around here before…”

He acted hurt. “Really? Well… I guess you wouldn’t. I spend all my time washing clothes in the cramped back room. Anyway, this load of clothes needs to go out for washing, those guys up there are dirtying up uniforms faster than we can wash them.”

The Staff member squinted for a moment, but shrugged it off. There were plenty of white skinned brown haired men in Themosa, it wasn’t unrealistic that he would’ve forgotten the face of someone he’d barely seen.

The two of them helped load the laundry, and by extension the cat, into the truck. Wiping his hands off on his pants, Peacock thanked the staff before getting in the back with the carco, to some strange look from the others.

“Uh… What’re you doing?” One asked.

“Yeah. Shouldn’t you stay here?” The other said.

However, Peacock waved them off, leaning forward and whispering. “Don’t worry. Personal orders from Ms. Bigg. The last time we outsourced cleaning some of the gold buttons on the uniforms got nicked. I’m making sure they get there and back in one piece.”

The two men nodded towards each other as they closed the carriage, slamming the back to signal to the driver everything was loaded and ready. The machine wagon whirred into motion, then set off down the street out the back of the large building, off towards the cleaners.

As he left, one of the staffers noted something odd. “Wait… We didn’t tell the driver to stop at a cleaners…”

The other man looked puzzled. “Maybe he told him…”

--------------------

After ten minutes of the carriage rolling down the street and Peacock sitting in the back, the vehicle stopped at its first location. The disguised Thrope finally got up and approached the driver of the car, tapping him on the shoulder. “Hey so… This might give you a headache pal.”

The Driver jerked his head back around, “Wh- What… How long have yo-”

His sentence was cut off by a loud smack with the side of Peacocks right arm, sending the driver into the dash and triggering the sound of clinking metal. The bird Thrope returned to the back, opening up the carriage door and slowly pushing the basket out with his leg.

As the cool night air reached her, even in the stuffy, sweaty confines of the pile of clothes, the woman inside asked softly. “P-Peacock? Are we there? I-I think I’m getting sick from all the rocking…”

“Yeah Babe, but keep quiet and stay in there. Our safehouse is not too far and it’s better if you keep your head in there until then.” He responded, climbing out himself and closing the door.

The Thrope pushed the cart in the direction of a clothing store a few blocks away as not to draw suspicion. Along the way, he stopped in front of a common wanted poster in Themosa which offered a large sum of money for any information on the Railroad organization, but he always did his best to make sure such information never slipped into untrusted hands. When he was sure no one was following him, he cut into an alley nearby, knocking against a wooden board in a wall three times.

After a moment, a very thin looking light elf unscrewed the wood from the inside and slid it out of the way, climbing out. “So you got her? You got her right? You got her we did it?”

Peacock nodded towards the strange man. “Yeah, kid. There’s just one more loose end we need to tie up. Fingers I’ll need you to go to Abers Street and drive that carriage far away before the driver wakes up. Make sure you leave no traces you were there. If we had enough people I could’ve left someone at the stop to do it right away, but it just isn’t cool to leave this place and the packages here unattended in my book.”

“R-R-Righto Boss I’ll, I’ll do the, the thing.” The Thin Elf said, helping Peacock push the basket into the hole.

“Good Kid.” As he said that, the Elf made his way out of the alley and Peacock climbed his way into the hole, rescrewing the wooden panel back into place with a simple screwdriver.

The Thrope looked around this hideaway, it was nothing more than a decrepit basement made of brick masonry, long forgotten by the building above. Candle sconces and lanterns lined the walls, giving the entire place an eerie feel. Peacock’s gaze focused on the back of the room where two Thropes sat, one male monkey, and female sandsnake. The monkey couldn’t have been older than twenty, still considered a kid by most Thrope standards, while the snake was much more mature, at least forty.

As soon as he began to walk forward they looked over to him and smiled, the scaled tan snake woman missing her iconic front two fangs, removed by the owner as they posed a threat. “Your back! Did you get her?”

“Of course I did. I promised you I’d get her next and I’m not the sort to break promises babe.” He replied, whistling over in the direction of the basket, prompting the cat to poke her head out. As soon as the Cat and Snake locked eyes, they rushed forward, embracing each other in a hug.

“Sena! I missed you so much…” The black and white cat purred, laying her head on the snake’s shoulder.

“I told him I wouldn’t leave the country without you… I’d never leave you…” Sena lovingly replied as she embraced her.

The monkey child looked between then, raising an eyebrow. “Are you two gonna kiss?”

“We just might…” Sena looked over, flicking her tongue out.

Peacock sat down in a nearby seat, giving them the time they needed to reunite with one another. After a few minutes, the Tomcat looked over to him. “So… What now?”

“Now… You uh… Wait.” Peacock said honestly. “We’ll keep you here for a bit, they’ve already been here for a week so not long for you, maybe a day. Then we sneak you out and take you to the next checkpoint, stay there until we’re clear to take you to the once after that, we keep that up until you’re out of the country, then we buy you a train home.”

“Home…” Sela sighed slightly. “It’s been twenty years… But now I have you to take with me…”

The kid looked over at Peacock as well. “W-What about me? I was born here but I’ve been sitting here for almost a week and a half.”

The bird sighed. “Well, you can’t go to your home here. Too dangerous. You’re only no longer a slave if you leave this country behind. You’ve been here for so long because we need to wait long enough for them to stop questioning everyone you know about your escape so we can send them out safely with you.”

The monkey kid sighed, giving an understanding nod.

“Now we just wait for Fancypants to meet us here and our operation is done.” He leaned back, putting his hands behind his hand and closing his eyes. “You better not get yourself caught you sexy idiot…”

----------------------------

Last edited:

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Freedom Train - Part 3

Fancypants smirked widely as he raked in the one thousand gold he made with both his arms. The other patrons grumbled, the man in the jeweled mask seeming to be particularly frustrated about the situation. “Th-That was such bullshit… No way you can make that shot without cheating… We’re playing again, I’m winning back my money.”

The Red-Suited Freedom Fighter chuckled, letting out a yawn. “No… I uh… I think I’m tapped for tonight… This was a great party sir Baron but I’ve really got to hit the hay…”

As Fancypants turned, the young man stopped him, grabbing onto his arm. “H-Hey you bastard! You can’t just walk out of here! I want to get my money back from you!”

“Nah…” He stretched. “I’d rather not… I’m done.”

“Who do you think you are you bastard! You probably fucking cheated, that’s why you wanna leave!” The Man replied.

Fancypants turned around, rolling his eyes. “You’re a real idiot aren’t you? Baron, this is your party and I believe I won fair and square. But I’ll leave this up to you.”

The Old man stood up, clearly peeved as well but much more composed. “Fine just… Get out of here I don’t care.”

“What!” The man growled, “Don’t I get anything Baron?”

The old man rubbed his head. “Fine… If it’ll make you fucking feel better, I’ll give you one of my fucking pets to play with for the afterparty tonight since you love them so much…”

Fancypants clearly squinted his eyes at this, staring daggers at the Baron as the young man picked from the servants clearly in the room, settling his eyes on the host’s prized lioness. “I want that one…”

“Of course you would…” The Baron growled lightly, “Fine… But if you knock her up you’ll pay for every cent of upkeep on the runt. Not to mention you’ll be a fucking social pariah… More than you’re being right now, you’re lucky this is a masked affair…”

He grinned greedily as he approached the lioness, and who, upon seeing this, backed up a couple of steps. Suddenly, a familiar Doe moved in front of the girl, putting herself in between them. “C-C’mon now M-Master… You would give him your prized pet… I would be happy to p-please him instead.”

The Baron considers this for a moment as Fancypants watched, almost grinding his teeth out of rage. “Fine…” The old man allowed, “I take it back… The Cat is off limits, you man have her though…”

The young man pouted, then grabbed the Doe’s arm forcefully. “Fine… I’m sure I can still some fun out of you instead.”

“God dammit you selfless idiot Lovely…” Fancypants muttered under his breath before saying aloud. “Alright. I think I change my mind. One more bet. If I win, you have to let this go and give me everything you’ve won tonight… Also uh… You’ve have to admit to all in attendance that you’re a little bitch.”

He laughed, “And if you lose, I want all my money back, you’ll admit you’re a little bitch, and… I still get to have this Doe here…”

The Baron considered it, then nodded. “Fine. But only because I’m having fun watching this circus right now.”

The Woman with the tower hair stepped up, “The opposing party will make the bet then. And the defending party will accept or deny it. If it is denied, the defending party walks away with his winning and the opposing is allowed to… play… with the Baron’s pet. If it is accepted and won, the opposing party must give the defender all winning and admit to all in attendance he is a… little bitch. If the bet is taken and he loses, the defending party must admit the previous statement, return the won money, and will be allowed to play with The Baron’s pet.”

“Opposing party, state the bet.” She finished.

He considered carefully, finally picking something enough in his favor to have him win, but not so unfair that he would just leave. “I want to test your shot even more… I want you to shoot a roulette ball off of that table and pocket it in the black spaces of... that roulette over there.”

The crowd gasped loudly, waiting for Fancypant’s answer. After a moment the Baron stood up. “There is no way anyone wou-”

“I accept.” Fancypants said simply to more shocked gasps.

“But… You’re mad! That Roulette must be thirty feet away! And in the black space!?” Someone in the crowd exclaimed.

Fancypants quickly placed a ball on the table. This was all a gamble from the moment he stood up for Lovely. At any time they could find out that the cat was gone perhaps even lock downthe party, checking the guests, and if they did, they’d quickly figure out the fake name he put in the register, among other things, then it’s game over. However, he couldn’t let that scumbag do that do her, even if she’s a selfless idiot. But then again, if she’s a selfless idiot, what does that make him? He thought.

He carefully lined up that shot and the entire Casinos eyes were on him as he aimed for the roulette table. He angled the cue upwards, the roulette ball resting on the edge of the table, then, in a single, powerful exhale, sent the cue into the ball.

A few painful moments of silence passed as Fancypants stood up, he hadn’t seen it land, he just had to wait for the patrons at the other side to give the answer.

Then all of a sudden a man yelled. “He- He did it! It’s in the black!”

The entire room’s collective jaws dropped as Fancypants crossed his arms. “Nailed it…”

-------------------------

Fancypants walked through the street, a sack full of gold coins from the bet jingling with every step. A new style, canned drink, rested in his hand as he took sips from it.

As he approached the base, Peacock stepped out of a dark corner, crossing his arms. “So… What took you so long? How much of a scene did you make with that bet, babe?”

“Enough…” The Red-Suited man said, taking off his jacket and revealing a number of pink bird feathers along his arms. “I’ve had a pretty good day…”

“Well, word on the grapevine is the Monkey’s in the Chinashop.” Peacock stated, smirking.

Fancypants chuckled, “It’s the Devolina’s isn’t it? Finally someone got up and shook the bee’s hive.”

“C’mon James. We’ve got work.” Peacock stood straight, walking down the street. “And along with that, you’ve got appearances to keep up, noble boy.”

“Yeah. Always something to do in this city. But first... I think I'd like to work you..." James devilishly grinned, tossing his metal can towards the nearby trashcan, however it landed just a little too short. Thankfully, with a little application of his magnetic magic, the can found it’s way to the hole...

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Even Vampires can feel warmth

Alice Castle
March 18 3349

Alice drinks a bottle of blood, to celebrate her recently successful raid. Her castle is filled her men as they also celebrate.

"Drink up boys you've earned this we all have, to the first of many raiders we will complete!" Cheers could be heard all around as Alice returned to her quarters.

"Ah I could get used to this." Alice placed her feet on top her desk and looked outside at her new ship, anchored in the nearby river.

Outside, a storm raged on, pour spring rain, rapid wind, and crashing thunder and lightning. Combined with the rowdy partying of her bandits turned pirates, it took even Alice's impressive ears to hear the banging of the entrance's knockers.

"Ugh it's a good thin the ship is tied down tight, and the anchor is down. Coming." Alice downed the rest of the blood, and opened the door.

Standing in the rain was an woman, standing at about 5'6". Her features were hidden under a thick white raincoat splash with mud. Speaking in a innocent sounding voice, raising it to be heard over the rain, she said, "Excuse me. I was on my way north when I got separated from my caravan. And now I seem to be lost in this storm. I... I was hoping... um..."

Alice wiggled her fingers, and licked her lips at a bother victim." Ou yes please please come in, me and my men are celebrating our first successful mission! Come in you must be cold!" Alice practically dragged the person inside, and brought the stranger into her quarters."

"Oh, much better!" The woman removed the raincoat. Underneath she wore a satin white hoodie. She had long pink hair tucked under the hood and expressive pink eyes. "Thank you so much for inviting me in. I knew finding this castle in the middle of nowhere meant my luck was finally turning around. But..." She looked around. "Why bring me in here? You're missing the party."

Alice waved her hand in dismissal." Ou this party is for my men most of all, you see we just became pirate hunters. And we took our first ship, now we're celebrating!"

"Whoa!" The young woman's eyes lit up. "You mean you and your men took on a pirate ship and beat them! That is... that's amazing!"

"Yes yes it is, Ou but on to more important matters." Alice pulled out some spiced rum, and poured her guest a glass." Tell me about your caravan, after all I want to help caravan merchants you could say it's my calling." Alice said smiling at the young woman.

"Oh, that is ever so kind of you." The woman sat down on the bed. "They are carrying goods from the coast, heading to New Vento City. I got... heh, distracted by something in the woods. I wonder if they even notice I'm missing yet..." She scratched her cheek. "A-anyway, did you hear about the attack of that port town? My group got out of there only the day after it happened! Talk about lucky..."

"I'll say, the gods themselves must be looking over your group if you survived that. I mean with the bandits and the undead, ugh gives me shivers just thinking about it. The stuff of nightmares that night I hear."

"Quite true. I'm a bit... necrophobic myself. Dead bodies are bad enough, but walking dead?" She shuttered. "I... oh!" She stuck out you tongue. "How rude of me. You invite me into you home and I don't even tell you my name." She stood up and offered her hand. "My name is Rumi. A pleasure to meet you."

Alice shook the woman hand." Miranda, so tell me about your caravan. How many of you are there, and do you need a place to rest?"

"Oh, your hand is so cold. Oh is my hand just still cold." Rumi shrugged. "There was half a dozen more merchants and a couple hired escorts. I don't know where they are now, but I'm willing to bet they would love a place to stay."

Alice looked at the woman again, this time with less hunger in her eyes. She saw that the woman was cold exhausted and hungry, and something about the woman made Alice cold undead heart feel warm." Hum, ugh you can stay here. After all I have plenty of room."

"R-really?" Rumi sunk her head down a bit. "I won't be a bother. I have a few survival rations to eat, and I'll leave as soon as the storm passes, so I shouldn't be a bother..."

"Yeah it's ok, I have plenty of food my men can't eat all of it. So help yourself, but your staying here. My men can be restless."

Rumi nodded. "Thank you so much, Ms. Miranda. I just wish there were more people in this world like you."

Alice started to frown at those words." Yea yea sure kids. Look I'll get you something else to wear, you staying in those clothes you'll get sick."

Rumi looked down at herself. "I am a bit on the moist side, huh? Well, thank you." Her stomach let out a loud growl, and she blushed. "Heheh... my tummy wants some attention too."

"Ye... yeah I'll be right back." Alice left the room, when she closed the door she put her hand over her heart in a panic. "What the hell is going on!? In all the years I've been alive this has never happened." Alice went to get her guest food, and warm close.

The bandits partied into the night while Alice kept Rumi separate from them. She ate her fill and dressed in some of the comfortable clothing Alice found for her. Late that night, around midnight, Alice found a room for her away from the others to sleep in. Rumi stood at the doorway, smiling up at Alice. "You have been ever so kind to me, Miranda. I can only hope I can find a way to repay your for all this. For now, all I can do is wish you a goodnight. Maybe I'll think of something in my dreams."

Alice started to shake, her vampire instances raging at her to drain her of blood, Alice turned to the woman and instead of biting into her. Alice embraced her. "It fine you Ou me nothing."

Rumi was a bit caught off guard, but laughed softly, patting Alice on the back. "Thank you. Sweet dreams, Miranda."

Alice eyes widen, as she released the girl." Wait don't I feel cold?"

Rumi shook her head. "No... not anymore. I guess... I've warmed up to you really quick, huh?"

Alice eyes widen in shock and places her hand on her chest, she felt a small heart beat causing Alice to panic.

b9e3aa14791fd962cb7257e847c2c2b8.jpg

Dahlexpert

Part 2

Rumi glanced up at her. "Are you okay?"

In her panic Alice grabbed Rumi shoulders. "Who are you really, did anyone send you!?"

Rumi's eyes shifted back and forth. "I-I don't... I-I... i-if I said something to... to upset you, I'm sorry..."

Alice looked at the woman and sees that, she's just innocent." Sorry it's been a long day, enjoy your nap Rumi."

"Y-yes, ma'am. Th-thank you." Rumi slowly closed the door and breathed a sigh of relief. "That was close," she whispered to herself as she walked over to the bed. "Damn vamperic intuition. Didn't expect a band of bandits either." She reached under her skirt, pulling out a dagger, its silver blade shining in the candle light. "Better play this one carefully."

Alice held on to the wall and slowly went to her room." Crixus come to your master, I need your assistance!" Alice said in a low tone were only Crixus could hear.

"You called for me master?" Crixus looked at his master and sees that she's in dire stress." Master what is wrong with you?"

"I took someone in, I thought she was a traveling merchant who lost her caravan, but something is wrong. I feel like I'm getting weaker around her, I need you to defend me."

"Yes master of course."

The night passed without incidence, Rumi's room as silent as death. It wasn't long until the sun started to peak over the horizon. Naturally, Alice's room was isolated from the deadly rays outside. It was time for her to get some rest, even a vampire not immune to the effects of overworked and the need for sleep. Her loyal ghoul stood guard outside of the door. None would get into the room to disturb his master's sleep while he was there.

What neither he nor Alice realized was that Rumi had made her first move almost immediately after she was left alone. As Alice drifted off to sleep, Rumi dropped silently from the dark rafters of the ceiling, where she had been waiting for hours. Her clothes were pitch black, her steps muffled as she approached the bed, pulling out her dagger to assassinate the vampire.

As Alice was sleeping completely unaware to her would be assassin. Everything was going Rumi's way, However she heard a commotion outside as one of her bandiest argue with Crixus. As the bandit and Crixus argue the get into a fight which forced the door open.

Rumi scoffed in frustration. With her body and face completely covered and the room as dark as it was, she could quickly dart into a shadow to disappear, but that wouldn't help if Alice woke up. Needing to silence the noisy bandits fast, she spun around and let her dagger fly. The weapon hit the bandit fueding with Crixus, stabbing him through the neck and dropping him to the ground.

Crixus in shock kicked the dead bandit off him and stood straight up, Crixus scanned the room. However thanks to his new powers sees the woman wearing all black in front of him, Crixus grabbed the knife and threw it back at the assassin." Alice we have and intruder!"

Rumi's hand shot up, catching the dagger. Damn ghouls! She held her hands straight out to her sides. Small holes of darkness appeared. She reached in, dropping the knife and pulling out a pair of sai. Her cover blown, she didn't want this to all be for nothing. She rushed Crixus, intent on stabbing him through the heart.

Unfortunate for her Alice did wake up and grabbed both her arms, and kicked her back knee. "Crixus remove her mask, before I rip this would be assassin arms off!" Crixus did as he was told and removed the assassins mask revealing it to be Rumi.

Alice eyes glew red out of anger and put her foot on Rumi back, as she forced her foot into her back and started to pull her arms back. "I feed you I clothed you, I gave you a place to stay. And to repay me you try to kill me, explain why I shouldn't kill you now!"

"Please! Don't!" Rumi cried out in that same innocent voice. "I'm sorry! Some woman came to me, she... She said she was in some band of... o-of something, I don't know! She said you were a vampire, and that she wanted me to kill you! When I refused, she took everyone in my caravan hostage, including my little brother!"

Alice Eyes widen and gave Crixus a signal to go outside the room, the Ghoul did as he was told and left as Alice let go of the woman. "So the seven sent you to kill me, heh they can't even be bothered to do the job themselves so the have someone else do it for them. Heh they truly have gotten lazy over the centuries."

A dagger suddenly flew towards her head.

Alice turned into a sworm of bats to evade the attack, when she went back to her human state. She grabbed Rumi throat and pinned her to the wall. "Your determined I'll give you that."

Rumi grinned. "And you've grown soft," she said in a much more mature voice. "What's wrong? Spending too much time around humans?" She formed an orb of dark magic between them and shot it into Alice's belly. The magic did very little damage against the vampire, but had enough force to knock her away. As she quickly got her bearings, the black clad human knocked over a dresser, blocking the door, and grabbed her sai off the ground, twirling them in her hands. "Alice Valentine! I am Rumi Serpiente of the Band of Seven! On behalf of the Vampire Counsel of Elders, I hereby accuse you of desertion and treason against the United Vampire City of Drăculești! How do you plead?"

Alice started to laugh he laughter can be heard across the room. "Ou I plead guilty, but you won't get the chance to take me in. Instead you will be joining my side and helping me conquer that damned city, and kill everyone in it!" Alice Tackled the woman and used her claws and digged them into her chest, and attempted to bit her neck.

Rumi cried out in pain. She quickly stabbed her sai into Alice's hip and dug it in. Besides the usual pain, there was an intense burning sensation, the flesh and muscle feeling like it was melting

Alice yelled in pain as this happen Alice fangs extended and Alice bit into Rumi shoulder sinking her teeth deep into the seven agent, at the same time Alice slowly over powered the seven and removed the weapons out of her side.

Thinking fast, Rumi bashed her head against Alice's. While she was disoriantated, Rumi plunged her other sai into the vampire's side, finally getting her to back off. Rumi rolled to feet, then stumbled down to her knee. "If you think... a little anemia will stop me..." She pulled something out of her sleeve and stabbed it against her leg. "Why are... you doing this anyway? You have... such a gift. You should be an example to vampires, not an enemy to them. Come back to us!"

"An example! My people are slowly dying and going extinct, instead of giving into our ways we accept you and not feed on you. Alice lowered her eyes. "And I understand why now, to have our undead hearts come to life and feel warmth it feels nice. But doing so we start to die, I will not sit idly by and watch my race die to this illusion of peace. Hell the world has forgotten how we terrorized them." Alice grabbed her desk and lunged it at Rumi under her desk was her duel axes. "I will force them to accept what they are whether they want to or not."

Rumi barely dodged the flying furniture in time. She slowly rose to her feet, and sighed. "Your mad. The world is far less war torn because of the Vampires' sacrifices, and you would throw it all away. I won't allow it." She twirled her weapons. "These Stormrend weapons are made of 50% pure titanium, 50% pure silver. Passed down through my family for twenty-three generations, they have been blessed over two hundred times in the Holy Churches of Mevah, Goddess of Life, and I recently soaked them in a bath of purified water, juniper, and wolfsbane. In other words, they hurt vampires... a lot, and if I get a good shot at her heart or brain, you're not getting up again." She pointed one forward. "I am prepared to die for my convictions and beliefs! I hope you are too!"

"Ou I am, and you have no idea what I have planed there is more going on here then you know. My ideals are just a step in it." Alice silently called for her undead and Crixu. Alice went after Rumi swinging her axes at Rumi as she constantly dodge her attacks, Alice spit in her eye to temporary blind one eye and drove one of her axes into her side.

Rumi coughed, blood leaking out of her mouth. She kicked Alice in the knee, then booted her in the chest. She wiped her eye and moved to attack, but stumbled to her knee, holding her side. I have the superior weapons... but she's faster and stronger. With my dark magic useless against her, I was counting on the element of surprise. Her eyes darted about, glancing at the windows and the door. Need to retreat. She can't follow me into the sun. The desperate woman spat out a mouth full of blood and pulled a small pellet from her sleeve. "You're not the only one who can fight dirty," she muttered, tossing the pellet. A few feet from Alice's face, it popped into a cloud of purified salt.

Dahlexpert

Part 3

Alice cried out in pain and turned into a swarm of bats, that bats circled around the room keeping Rumi confused. while she was destructed the door continued to slam, until it was kicked open. Both undead and Crixus cam into the room, Alice hearing this went back into her human form and covered her eyes. "Heh heh your mine now Winch, soon you'll be joining me ranks.

Rumi grit her teeth. "This isn't over, traitor. My colleagues have already dispatched with three of the other deserters. It is only a matter of time until they pick up the same trail I did and come for you. If a weak little human worried you, you'll have no chance against them." She quickly ran for the door in a last ditch effort to escape.

Cirxus grabbed the woman and pushed her to the ground, as Alice bandiets started to come in as well to see what all the commotions was about. Alice whipped her eyes and looked at Rumi "See what makes me different the those other fools you recaptured, is look around you look at my ship, you said yourself that I had talents and your right. MY talent is conquering you have nowhere to run. If you think you can take my ship, if you think this is all the undead I have as well as bandits your wrong, you shouldn't have come here you are mine."

Rumi didn't bother struggling. It was clear it was over. She simply smiled softly and said, "You know... I actually was surprised you didn't attack me was soon as you got me alone. Made me think I had the wrong woman. Why... we're you so kind to me?"

"Because despite what you think, I do have self-control, and you told such a good lie. That and I felt sorry for you. You actually made my heart beat. Now it's cold again. So thanks to you, I will not be as kind as I was with you. So thanks for that."

Rumi let out a grim laugh. "A cruel irony. Almost makes me feel bad for you..." She laid her head back. "I'm bleeding out. I injected myself with wolfsbane, so you won't be able to mesmerize me so you can keep me still while patching me up. You'll either have to let me bleed out and make me another of your undead, or try and turn me into a vampire servant."

"Ou your to useful to let die, I think I could use as my second Thrall." Alice bit her tong to were enough of her blood was coming out, Alice then kissed Rumi knowing that she wouldn't take her blood willingly her blood going down Rumi throat.

Rumi struggled, trying to force herself to bleed out faster. As the vampire blood took over, however, canceling out the wolfsbane, her struggling stopped. Slowly, her side wound started to heal.

Alice let go of Rumi and smiled at her. "Welcome to the warsong Rumi, I welcome you with open arms."

Rumi slowly sat up. She flinched, and held her side. "What do wish from me... my mistress?"

"Ou you see, you tried to have me killed before you became loyal to me." Alice tore Rumi close off. "Boys this lovely lady tried to kill your leader, so as punishment her first job is to pleasure each and every one of you." Alice tossed Rumi to her bandits who took her to there ship." Be genital with her, I don't want her to be a mess nor is she a slut she's my new pawn." Alice yelled.

Rumi walked away with them loyalty, looking back to her new master with a smile.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Black0ut, Dahlexpert, ExoGrim, Frostlich1228, MarineAvenger, and ZombieSplitter53 present:
Heroes of Fate
Part One

Havenbrook Manor
June 3rd, 3349

Few people noticed the once cheerful Thrope walking down the hall, and fewer approached her, as she walked with purpose, her longsword out, and pointed straight ahead. Titania didn't notice the weird looks she received, instead focused heavily upon the large scratch on the sword, primarily on her family crest. “I hope Edminfar can help me with this…” She murmured glumly, not noticing Ed's door until she ran into it.

It slowly opened, the youthful Elf face of Ferron poking out. “Hello?” He noted the woman on the other side, rubbing her nose in pain. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah… just a little in pain. You… you're the Elven archer that’s been helping out a lot right? I'm Titania and I was looking for Edminfar, but it appears I ran into his door instead…” Titania partially growled out, more in pain then anger.

“I… see.” Ferron opened the door for her. “Come on in.”

When she stepped forward, Ed looked up from his personal work station. “Hello, my dear. Ferron was here getting regular maintenance on his equipment. He’s very good about that. To the point of… being paranoid. What brings you in today?”

“I… damaged a part of my sword when I sparred with a few different Hunters. Still beat them, but… the engraving on it was slashed. Do you think you could fix it?” Titania asked, looking slightly hopeful.

“Hmm…” Ed took the weapon and laid it down. “Is this a family crest of some sort? I don’t suppose you have an example of it undamaged, do you?”

“No… but I could draw it for you. It’s one of my favorite things to do.” The Wolf Thrope replied shyly, as it was the one of the few things she wasn’t truly confident about.

“Good to have a hobby,” Ferron said with a small, nervous laugh. “I, uh… I can play the har-... um, guitar, but I’m not the best at it. Still, it’s fun.”

“I’d love to hear you play the ‘harguitar’ sometime,” Ed responded with a grin. “As for the crest, it won’t be easy… for anyone else.” Have gave Titania a confident smile. “But you give Ol’ Ed a guide to go by, and I’ll make she it’s as good as new. Believe it or not, this isn’t the first time someone has come to me about something like this.”

“So someone has come to you before for something like this… I know the word… rest… restoration work?” She asked, grabbing a quill out of a slot in her armor. Looking over at Ferron, she asked with a sweetness that she rarely used, “Could you please find me an ink well? I’d really appreciate it.”

Ferron quickly bobbed his head up and down, and ducked out of the room. Ed chuckled. “Boy’s a people pleaser, and you’re pretty attractive. I bet you could have him wrapped around your finger if you wanted.”

“Maybe, but doing that to someone who is so… well-mannered, if a bit of a braggart, seems cruel to me.” Titania smirked as she looked at Ed, “Besides, people who carry war wounds are far more deserving of my charm than young men.”

Ed laughed. “You really need to visit more often, dear. You warm an old man’s heart.”

Ferron stepped back inside, carrying a large inkwell. “S-sorry it took me so long. But I grabbed some paper for you too.”

“Thank you, Ferron, and you don’t need to apologize. You’ve done nothing wrong.” Titania replied, taking a step forward to grab the materials, all the while giving the Elf a smile. She soon got to work, a very determined look on her face appeared as lines became shapes and a blank piece of paper became a family crest. As she finished, she glanced over at Ferron, offering another smile. “Could you get me something to drink? I haven’t had the time to get anything as I came right over when my sword was damaged.”

“S-sure, of course. Just gimme a quick minute.” Again, Ferron was quick to dart out.

Ed floated up to look at the crest. “Not bad. I think you did a better job than whoever made your sword.” He studied it, something about it feeling familiar to him.

“If one has practice, one can remake many masterpieces in a short time.” Titania replied, fully aware that Ed would soon know her secret, and banking on the fact Ferron would take quite a bit of time.

“These… this crest… isn’t this a nobel insignia?” he asked. “It might be the failing memories of a man past his prime, but I’m pretty sure it marks nobility…” The Netzi glanced up at her. “Where did you get this sword?”

“Your memory isn’t failing you. I was given that sword during my teenage years, as were my siblings their own swords, each with slightly different patterns.” Titania replied casually, as she searched for a chair.

Ed chuckled. “So, uh… if I ever said anything to warrant the wrath of a noble house… you know it was all in jest, right?”

“Ed… please don’t be afraid of me. I’m still the same girl you hit on all those months ago, and I haven’t changed. I just let you in on my secret.” Titania replied, slightly exasperated.

Edminfar waved his hand. “I’m just messing with you, dear. You’re still the same sexy wolf lady of my dreams.” He laughed. “Though you having money makes it even better!”

Titania rolled her eyes, a soft smile prominent on her face. “You know, that doesn’t really seduce me, but I suppose it’s adorable in it’s own way. Besides, I’d be broke if I didn’t have this job.”

“Ah, not really getting along with them, are we?” Ed sat down, examining the drawing and the sword. “They know you're here?”

“Perceptive as always, Edminfar. No, they don’t know, and no, we actually do get along, even though I haven’t seen them in few years.” Titania explained, finally eyeing an empty chair to sit in.

“Well, I’ll keep your secret. I’m sure you would do the same for me if our positions were rever-.” Ed paused, something troubling on his face.

Titania sat down and promptly noticed the troubled look Ed had. “A gold piece for your thoughts?”

“Huh? N-nothing.” He shook his head. “I just felt a bit… off. I can’t explain it.” Shaking his head once more, Ed turned to her. “So don’t worry about the emblem. Secret is safe with me. And I’ll be sure to restore it on… on your… um…” He blinked a few times in confusion.

“What’s going on out there?” Ferron stepped in, offering Titania a glass of water. “People are acting weird. Wonder if something happened.”

“Weird how?” Titania asked, taking the glass while casting a worried glance at Ed.

“They were running around, yelling about something… white?” Ferron explained. “And some of them were just… standing there, confused. I think it was mostly the older guys. The ones who have been here for a while.” He looked over at Ed and the blank expression on his face. “Kinda like that. Is he okay?”

“Probably… maybe. I think we should move Ed and then start investigating what’s happening. Agreed?”

“Agreed.” Ferron stepped forward. “Hey, Ed?” Ferron stepped in front of the Netzi. “Let’s, uh… let’s go find somewhere else to space out okay?”

Ed looked up at him. He moved his lips to speak, but no words came out. The room slowly started to shake, or at least it looked that way at first. After a moment, it was clear that the walls, the ground, the very air itself was vibrating faster and faster. Then, without warning, a white void appeared on Ed’s chest, one that quickly started to spread across his body.

“Ferron… don’t touch him. In fact… you should be running right... now!” Titania dashed for her broadsword, and dashed back, quickly shoving the Elf out the door before slamming it shut. “Oh… shit. Shit, shit, shit! What do I do, what do I do…”

Screams of fear came from out of the armory. Ferron dashed over to look out, only to dart back as that same white void spread towards him. It slowly made its way into the room, everything it touched seemingly disappearing into nothingness. Ferron grabbed a bow and an arrow off a workstation and shot the arrow into the void. As soon as it touched it, the arrow also faded away. “U-um, Titania, ma’am. I-I know panic doesn’t usually help with anything, but… w-what do we do?”

“You’re going to run out of here and evacuate the nearby town, and then you’ll go find a city and inform them of what happened, while I hold this thing off. Go now!!” Titania ordered, taking her short sword out as she prepared to fight the encroaching void.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Two

Do not be a fool. You can’t fight it! It is inevitably encroaching on you. You can no more stop it then you can stop the passing of a minute. But you can stop it from consuming you completely.

Titania gritted her teeth, and clenched her hands, gripping her swords tightly. Alright, alright. What do you advise I do, mystery god? The Wolf Thrope thought, taking a few steps backwards to buy herself time.

Alright… where and when are you. It is very important that you’re specific.

Havenbrook Manor, Armory, staring at a void I can’t kill. As for when… April 22nd, 3349 and it’s pretty close to twelve o’clock PM. You sure, I can’t stab this thing?

Are you seriously asking me if you can stab a time shift? Just hold on. Almost twelve. You call that specific?

Yeah, I do, because I don’t usually have to keep track of the time! Like the last time I looked at a clock it was a quarter till twelve! I don’t count seconds and minutes every moment I can! Sorry… Just the thought of getting murdered is making me a bit cranky, MG. Still want to stab… a time shift, was it? Still want to stab it.

Well, you’re an excitable one. One moment… I think I found you...

“Whoa.” Ferron reached onto a table, holding up a pair of rings. “I could swear these weren’t here a second ago. I just blinked, and there they were.” Both rings had a small, gleaming yellow stone.

“Put one on and give me the other. Let’s hope that the Gods are watching us…” Titania replied, backing up to Ferron and holding out her hand.

Ferron handed her one. Slipping on the other, he said, “I hope you’re right about this. Because… we’re running out of places to stand.”

Slipping on the other ring, Titania held onto the Elf, pulling him into a hug. “Me too. Close your eyes, Ferron.”

Ferron blushed, and slowly nodded. He closed his eyes just as the white void crept up, and overtook them.

After a minute of nothing, Titania heard him whisper. “Um… c-can I open my eyes now?”

“No. We wait. Unless you’re saying we shouldn’t be cautious when we don’t know what we’re up against?” Titania asked rhetorically, clutching the Elf tighter to her in a protective manner, somewhat out of fear and her protective nature.

“Look, I don’t know what you two are doing,” said someone else next to them, “but we’re trying to work here. Can you take your little hug thingy back to your rooms?”

Titania quickly let go of the Elf and slowly opened her eyes to see if Ferron could do so as well. Around them was the armory, several people, including an annoyed human impatiently tapping her foot, were looking at them. Around them were a few people she recognized, a few she didn’t. In front of her stood Ferron, his eyes squeezed shut in fear.

“You can open your eyes.” She whispered, turning back to the annoyed Human, raising an eyebrow. “And? I hug who I want, when I want. If you wanna complain about it, go and yell about it to your boss. If not… you'll go about your work, ‘cause I'm really not in the mood to be civil right now.” Titania growled, her eyes turning fully feral.

The woman’s eyes widened in surprise, and she quickly walked away, yelling, “Boss!”

Ferron watched her walk away. “What’s going on, Titania? What happened to the void? Why is everyone acting like there wasn’t a killer void? Was… was that kiln always red? And where did my bow go?”

“Calm down, Ferron. Let’s remain calm until we can figure out what going on.” Titania replied, moving quickly so she stood in front of Ferron, her back to him, and her front to the other workers, all of whom she viewed with slight suspicion.

“Why are you bothering my workers?” An older man, human, about 5’10” with greying hair, walked over to the pair. “If you don’t have business here, leave now or I’m calling Havenbrook.”

“Interesting… let’s say for a moment, that I could run really, really fast, and I’m pretty scary in battle, and let’s say, I was a true bad guy.” She took a step forward, peering directly into his eyes, “If that were the case, instead of yelling at your worker, I’d have killed her, right? Same with you. Now, let me be clear, I’ve had a long day, I’ve seen some pretty fucked up shit, and all I want to do is calmly hold onto that boy in your shop for support. All I ask from you, ‘cause you’ve unfortunately decided to yell at a very pissed off Thrope on her period, is to please… leave me and him the hell alone. Am I understood?”

The man gave the worker next to him a look, and she quickly walked away. He then held up his hands and smiled nervously. “Alright now. No need to lose your cool. You can… stay here as long as you want. Is there… anything else you want.”

“I-I’m kinda hungry…” Ferron muttered. Clearing his throat, he raised his voice and said, “We would like to talk to Ed if… that’s okay…”

“Who?” the man asked.

“Ed,” Ferron repeated. The man shook his head. “Y-you know… Edminfar? Netzi, getting old, kinda a pervert.”

Behind them, one of the workers said, “Edminfar doesn’t work here anymore. He was fired over twelve years ago.”

“Do you know where he is, perchance? ‘Cause if you do, I’ll leave your store and go yell at him instead.” Titania tried to bargain tactfully. This is waaaaay to weird. I need to find Ed, The Librarian, Mina, or the Scientist Bunny if I’m going to figure out what happened.

“I don’t know if he’s still alive,” the worker answered. “He got into a nasty accident a few years before he lost his job. But if he is, he’s living with family in the town five miles south of here.”

The door to the armory opened, the worker from before walking in, followed closely by a familiar Elf. Aside from a large scar along the left side of his face, it looked to be Eraqus. “You two.” He held his hand against his sword. “Who are you?”

“We’re not enemies, if you’re worried about that. I mean, your response time is a little slow, had it not been us here, you would have been surprised, and killed. Besides, I just want to talk to a couple of people here, namely, your bosses. You my friend, while bearing the scar, the attitude, and definitely the skill to back it up, are probably the right hand Elf to someone else. So… I wish to make an appearance to Havenbrook. My associate here, on the other hand, merely is too shy to approach a man of your power and stature, so… what do you say?”

Eraqus studied her for a few moments, as if sizing up her words. Finally, he turned, and headed for the door. “Follow me.”

Titania nodded, following the warrior through the door. “And if it is permissible, handsome, what's your name?”

“Velmonte,” he answered, not looking back. “Eraqus Velmonte. And you?”

“Titania. Just Titania. I swore only those closest to me would know my last name, so… unless you're planning to seduce me, that's a bit of a no-go.”

“Don’t flatter yourself, Thrope,” Eraqus stated. “I just need to know how to address you when we…. Speak…… toooooo……… Mmmmmmmmaaaaaaasssssttttteeeeerrrrr…………” The Elf slowed, then came to a complete stop, standing motionless.

“Okay… Hey, pointy ears? Eraqus? You okay…?” Titania asked, taking a couple steps back. Leaning back, she whispered, “You ready to run if he goes crazy?”

Ferron chuckled nervously. “When you’re me, you’re always ready to run.”

“You mean because you’re a coward?” Asked a somewhat short, young man with blonde hair and red eyes standing next to him. Ferron yelled, and fell to the side. The man rolled his eyes. “Don’t be so dramatic.” He folded his arms and looked at Titania. “I won’t hold it against you since the layout of the Manor is a bit different, but he was leading you to their cells, not the main office.”

“And when he did, I would've ripped out his throat with my claws, but I appreciate the rescue. What's your name, mystery man… who I suspect to be a vampire?” Titania questioned, offering a cool, and slightly friendly smile.

“Such violent thoughts. Though I suppose he isn’t your Eraqus.” The young man bowed his head. “It’s the red eyes, right? Everyone always suspects vampire. Name’s Destani, God of Fate.” He held out his hand. “Come on. Even I can’t keep things frozen for long, and the others are waiting.”

“As much as my day has been confusing, terrifying, and mostly just pissing me off, I'm not too feral or stupid to refuse help, especially from a God. Thank you for your generosity.” Titania bowed her head, before roughly grabbing her compatriot by his collar, before gently accepting the god’s hand.

Destani grinned. “Alright. Let’s go fix the timeline.” With that, the three vanished in an instant.

“...Havenbrook. Just try to… keep…” Eraqus turned around. He quickly drew his sword and scanned the empty hallway. “Damn it… where did they go…?”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Three

Arlia took a drink from her waterskin, having spent the last few hours practicing her throwing on one of the walls in the indoor field. She quickly gathered her tools and placed them in their proper pouches, prepared for another round of practice. She had grown accustom to the ways of throwing weapons, but even then, practice made perfect… especially with her curved throwing technique. That and she want to make sure the new set she got from Ed was of good enough quality for her next mission. She had her sharpening stone on one of the chairs, in case she found one of the blades to be too dull.

“Miss Arlia.” She turned to find Bea, the Bat Thrope that nearly died with her before, walking over. “I see you are using these blades for throwing. I was wondering if you could give me a demonstration. I, too, have use of them, as I hope you remember, and I wish to improve my skill by seeing you techniques.”

“I don’t know…” Arlia stated as she spun a kunai in her hand. “I don’t recall you ever using throwing weapons, nor do I recall you have any Stormrend tools on you. I could teach you though, if you're up for a few lessons.”

“You don’t recall my great skills?” Bea pulled out a throwing knife from her belt. “My aim is not as true as yours, but I do have a bit of talent.” She turned to a dummy and threw it, hitting it in the center of its chest.

“Funny you say that.” Arlia gave her a suspicious look. “Considering the last weapon I saw you using was a scythe… not a knife.”

Bea frowned. “You are not making this easy for me. Where I come from, we are taught to be independent. And yet, I already owe a life debt to the corrupted one. Now I must ask you for help. It is not something I am used to, you see.”

“Then what do you need help with?” Arlia inquired. “I’m always here to help out the guild.”

“I saw you doing curve shots. Very good ones. Very accurate.” Bea scratched the back of her head. “When I try, though, my attack goes flying to the side. Ends up hitting someone in the backside and I get in trouble. I wish to learn the Stormrend techniques.”

“It’s more of a personal mastery than a simple technique.” Arlia responded as she grabbed the kunai she spinning on her finger. “It’s something I’ve had a long time to practice and takes more than just skill to pull off correctly.”

“I see.” Bea scratched her chin. “And you feel this is one that is difficult to transfer? How long did it take you to… personally master?”

“Since I had to learn how to utilize Chi before I could even trying doing it… it took me many years.” The assassin responded.

Bea nodded. “Very well. Then I will have to learn about Chi first.” She smiled. “When do we get started?”

Before Arlia could respond, a scream let out in the nearby hallway. Glancing at the doorway, they saw several people run by, as well as people in the training room run out to see what happened.

Arlia quickly looked for the easiest vent to get into, using her skills in acrobatics to get up to it and crawl in. She made her way to where she believed the hall in question was and peered out one of the hatches to see what was going on.

Several Hunters stood in the hallway, weapons raised as they slowly back up. A few moments later, Arlia saw something that was difficult to comprehend. It was like nothingness. A void. The absolute whitest of emptiness creeping along the hallway. As it did, things it reach simply disappeared, as though they had never been there. The void continued along, and the Hunters kept moving, either too afraid to come in contact with it, or already having witnessed what would happen it they did.

Arlia quickly made her way to the next hatch, opening it and dropping down behind the void. She pulled out a kunai and threw it at the whiteness, not knowing what could happen but needing to try to stop it. When the throwing weapon reached it, it hit nothing. By all logic, it should have at least hit the floor. But instead it flew on into nothingness for a few seconds before vanishing into nothingness. The void was unaffected, and continued to spread out in all directions, including towards Arlia.

Arlia cursed under her breath, seeing that conventional weapons had no effect on the void. She sprinted towards Erin’s lab, hoping the rabbit mage would know how to deal with it.

At every turn though, the void blocked her way. It didn’t seem to be one concentration, but instead was emerging from multiple points at once. Running down another hallway, she noted one of the older members of the Guild, someone who had been a member long before her. He simply stood in place, looking confused, until the emptiness seemed to emerge from within him, completely consuming the man before spreading out. And so, Arlia ran in another direction.

Boy, lady, you sure run around a lot! A voice said in Arlia’s mind. Can you stand still for one friggin’ minute so I can pin you down?

“Who are you?” Arlia demanded as she continued to try and find her way to someone who could help her.

Name’s Destani. But that’s not important right now. Where are your weapons? Your… sword, right?

“My katana is still in my room.” Arlia said as she made her way in that direction. “Whoever you are, you better be helping me.”

Better be, huh? That’s a fine way to say thanks. Just get there as fast as you can. I think I have a lock on when you are. Just… you know, don’t touch the time shift. It would be very bad.

“That’s what these things are huh.” Arlia muttered as she weaved her way around the voids to her room, hoping that one did not stand in her way or had already taken her sword. Once she arrived at her room, she found that it had already made it through the wall, slowly consuming the room. But her weapon was still there, leaning against the wall where she left it. Picking it up, she noticed there was a ring on it, one that hadn’t been there before. It had a small, slightly glowing yellow gemstone, and it looked like it was a perfect fit for her.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Four

Arlia looked at it skeptically before putting it on… praying that nothing bad would happen. As if to challenge that hope, the void came through the doorway behind her. The window was already consumed. There was no way out, nothing for her to do except wait for it to consume her, and cast her into nothingness…

Nothingness that almost instantly vanished. Soon, she found she was back in the room. Something was off, though. Her personal effects were gone. Nothing of hers was in the room. Whatsmore, things were moved, most notably the bed, which was against the opposite wall. Arlia looked at the place in confusion, before opening the door to see if the rest of the Manor was safe.

Out in the hall, everything seemed normal. Aside from some slight changes in the decor, things seemed to be perfectly fine. People walked by like nothing had happened, chatting away about the day or a recent hunt.

“Excuse me… um, what are you doing in my room?” asked a male voice behind her.

“Your room?” Arlia turned to face the person in question, obviously confused. “Who are you?”

The face she saw lit a fire in her chest. It was a face she was sure she would never see again, mainly because she had destroyed it herself. “My name is Malder. And yours?”

Arlia’s face stood in shock and fear for a moment, before turning to that of rage. “Malder… I should’ve killed you when I had the chance. First you destroyed Sandā and now you seek to do the same to the Havenbrook Organization. You have some nerve showing your face after what you did.”

“S… Sandā…” His eyes widened in shock. “I-I… y-you… how do you know about that?” He shook his head. “Listen, if… if you’re an assassin from Stormrend, I… I made some terrible mistakes. Ones I can never make up for. I’m just trying to escape that life, okay? I found a place to call home with this guild. Just… please, leave me be. I don’t want any trouble, lady.”

Arlia grabbed him by the shirt and pinned him to the wall. “And now you sit here and act like you don’t know me. After everything you’ve done… after everything we’ve done… You have the audacity to pretend that we never met.”

“I… I really don’t remember you!” Malder insisted. “I don’t even know your name! Seriously, are you sure you even have the right person?”

“You know exactly who I am, Quicksilver.” Arlia growled. “You betrayed our love to become a monster. You may have forgotten the name Arlia, but I will never forget what you’ve done.”

Malder continued to look at her in confusion before letting out a defeated sigh. “If… i-if you’re going to kill me, fine. But please, don’t hurt anyone here. They’ve done nothing wrong.”

Arlia pulled out a kunai before noticing the absence of scars running along his arms. “But… how is that possible? I mutilated you almost beyond recognition… how are you not scarred by the damage?”

“Scarred by… you?” Malder shook his head. “I don’t know what you mean. Are you… sure I’m the right person?”

Arlia dropped the ex-soldier. “Something’s not right here… There’s no way you would’ve gone to Sarasam and joined the guild unless we…” Realization hit. “Tell me… did they ever find out what happened to the Princess?”

“The Princess?” Malder shook his head. “Which Princess?”

“Princess Arlia Stormrend.” The assassin told him. “The only heir to throne. She went missing when the war started… tell me, did they ever find her.”

Malder rubbed the back of his neck. “Um… as far as I know, there is no Arlia Stormrend. The Emperor and Empress have no children.”

Arlia stood there in shock, before suddenly dashing out of the manor. This can’t be right! It’s like the thing took me out of existence somehow… there has to be an explanation to this… there has to be a way back.

“Whoa, whoa!” There was a young man, with blonde hair and red eyes, standing in her way. Someone she was sure wasn’t there before. “Slow down! Stop!”

“And who are you exactly.” Arlia growled.

“Destani.” He held out his hands. “What did I miss? I was helping the others, I’m a little late.”

“Please tell me you remember me.” Arlia stated. “You were the one that tried to help me deal with that void, right? Please remember me so you can help me get back.”

“Of course I remember you.” He smiled. “You put on my ring. That means we’re married now.” He laughed. “I’m… I’m just joking. Please don’t… get angry. Enough of your associates are already violent enough.”

Arlia sighed in relief. “Better a joke than not being able to get home…”

Destani slowly approached her. “You’re confused, and I understand. Getting that ring on you so you were ready was more important than explaining things.” He took a deep breath. “Let me ease your fears. You no longer exist in this world… but only because of that ring. It allows you to exist outside the flow of time. The moment you take it off, you’ll pop back into existence. Unfortunately, it won’t send you… ‘home’. Your home as you know it is gone. This world you’re in is home now. Unless, of course, we can fix it.”

“Then how do we fix it?” Arlia asked with determination in her eyes. “I’m willing to do whatever it takes to save everyone.”

“The answer is we find out what was changed and we change it back.” Destani grinned, happy to see her so eager. “I can’t do it myself though, which is why I recruited you and your friends before the time shift caught you and you lost your memories of the previous reality.” He held out his hand. “Please, come with me. And I’ll explain everything.”

Arlia took his hand. “Let us go then.” He nodded, and the pair blinked away.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Five

Charter, after meeting Esmerelda family, was in a better mood than he usually was. He decided that, every so often, he would help Esmerelda with the library, on top of him making potions for the guild. “You really do have a lot books, hun. I mean, yeah it’s a library, and I’m fairly confident that you probably read every book here at least twice. But damn woman, I’m sure the great libraries will love to have you around.”

“There is something special about this one, though.” Es floated over him,examining the books to make sure they were in order. “You know what it might be? This library isn’t the biggest out there, so it has room to expand. I’m afraid, in a great Mirandia library, it’ll be so big that’ll they’ll simply have ALL the books, and I’ll lose the adventure of collecting more.”

“Hum, maybe we can get you a small library/ It would be small, but more intimate. People could find books more easily, and if they steal, you can probably see them.”

“Stealing books, huh?” The Light Elf floated down. “Who would do something so awful? Those authors put their hearts and souls into those pages! Now, stealing bread to eat, I guess I can see, but books?” She slowly shook her head. “What is the world coming to?”

“There is a lot of knowledge in books, hun? Some hold powerful magic tomes in them, others incredible tactics, and of course the legends of others. Who wouldn't want to steal those books?”

“Yeah… I guess I can understand that…” Esmeralda tilted her head to him. “I did buy a book. Special one, one we didn’t have here.” She gave him a big smile and whispered, “Guess what it’s about.”

“Is it about a knight and how he got a Light Elf, and how he became leader of a legion of men?”

“Oh, that would be interesting. I should look for one like that. Is that something you…” Es shook her head, her mind getting off track. “I mean no, silly. I was looking up a book on… on names. You know… baby names. I figured, with all this talk about family and babies… I’d get a head start and look it up…”

“Oh, really? Is that so? Hmm. Something tells me that you already looked through it, didn't you?”

Esmeralda scratched her chin. “I might have… skimmed through it briefly. But I mostly want to sit down and look over it with you.” She giggled. “When the time is right, of course. I mean, not like I’m about to spit out a baby now. Even if I was pregnant, it would be another ten months until I had the child. Maybe I’m preparing too far ahead of time.”

“Just a little bit. Don’t get me wrong, I know you and I had a wonderful time a few days ago. I mean, you could be, we don’t know. But let’s hold on to this for now, alright hon?”

“Alright.” She leaned forward, nuzzling her nose against his. “Besides, we don’t want to have a kid too quickly when the process of making one is so fun, right?”

“Mr. Van Dam!” One of the younger Hunters, a young woman name Seph, ran up. “Mr. Van Dam, we have trouble!”

“Um, trouble? What kind of trouble? Did we get another job or something? What kind of trouble is it?”

“I don’t know,” Seph said, out of breath. “Whatever it is, though, it’s here, in the Manor! People are freaking out, running all around. It is a real ruckus out there!”

“What!” Charter turned to Esmerelda. “Hun, go somewhere and hide, do you understand me?!”

Es nodded. “I-I’ll go back to my room.” She floated away, calling back, “Be careful!”

“Of course.” Charter ran out the library and headed for the exit, needing to go to his wolf den to get Slone and his other wolves, all while Seph was behind him. “What the hell is going on? What kind of situation is this? Who is attacking?!”

“I don’t know! I saw you as I ran by, so I went to grab you!” As they rounded a corner, Charter came face to face with the problem. Creeping up along the hall was a white void, seemingly nothingness incarnate consuming everyone and anything it came across. Charter’s expert reflexes allowed him to stop on a dime. Seph was not so quick. She stumbled forward, landing in front of the void. It reached her leg, and she quickly started to be consumed by it. “Help me!” she cried out, reaching for Charter.

Charter grabbed the woman's arm and tried to pull her out of the void, but her body was slowly being consumed in front of Charter’s eyes. He had no choice but to let the woman go, knowing he could do nothing for her. “I'm sorry. Don’t worry, we will fix this. I will get you back, count on it!”

She nodded, having no choice but to trust him as she disappeared completely. The void continued to move towards Charter, consuming a desk and the items on it, leaving nothing but emptiness behind. As he thought of what to do next, her heard a scream coming from the library.

“No!” Charter immediately ran to the library, praying to every god that he could, hoping that Es didn’t suffer the same fate as the last hunter.

Running in and through the aisles, he found his girlfriend intact. Under one arm, she carried some of her favorite books, her childhood stuffed animal, and Charter’s sword. In the other, she desperately swung a broom at the emptiness. “Stop eating my books!” she yelled, slamming her broom onto the ‘ground’. The broom fell through it, falling into nothingness and vanishing into the void.

Charter ran to Esmerelda and quickly grabbed her. He got her out of the library, grabbing his sword and quickly leaving the manor, heading for the wolf den. “Slone!” Charter yelled in a panic. The armored dire wolf ran to his master. He also whistled for the other dire wolves to come. He went into a small hole to the side of the din as Slone’s mate came out. Charter also carried a small basket with him that he gave to Es. “Get on Slone, take his pups,and run to Mirandia. Do you understand? Go to my family, tell them what happened here. Do you understand Es?!”

Esmeralda nervously nodded. “I-I understand. B-but… what about you?”

“I have to stay, get Elma, and find out what's going on. I need to stay behind and handle this situation.” Charter led her to Slone’s side and kissed his girlfriend. “Don’t worry. I’ll be home in a few weeks, okay? Just don’t worry. I’ll be back soon. And don’t forget I love you, okay?”

The Light Elf smiled at him, wiping some tears from her eyes. “I love you too.” She climbed on the Dire Wolf, puppies in hand, and reluctantly took off towards the east, leaving Charter alone to head back towards the building. As he neared the front gate, he heard a voice ring out in his head.

Whoa, man. Talk about valiant. One of the only ones to escape the building, and instead of running, you send your gf off to safety and come back to run into the lion's den? You got guts. Either that, or you're crazy. Either way, I want you.

“I’m a knight of Terra! I serve and defend the country, and save those that can’t fight back. My job is not over as long as there are more people I can save in there. I will help them escape! Now show yourself coward!”

Whoa, man, hold on! We got off on the wrong foot! I want to help. Don’t really appreciate the coward line, but I’ll overlook it and assume it’s nerves. Listen… you can’t help them. Soon the time shift will consume the entire Manor, and when it does, it’ll spread almost instantaneously over the entire world. It’ll get you too… unless you trust me and do as I say.

“But Lady Havenbrook! Eraqus, Drayce, Ed, Erin, my sister! You expect me to just leave them to die? No, I need to go and get them, or at least try to save them and any I come across no matter what! I swore to the gods that I will help those I come across, and I will not break my oath now.” Charter said charging towards the gate.

I am a god, you dope! Destani, god of Fate, nice to meet. You. Listen… I know this is hard for you, I really do. But you have a choice. You can charge in their and try to save them, which has a zero percent chance of working, or you can take a minute to search under the entry mat, find the ring, put it on, and join the others in something that had a much better chance of succeeding. Please. I am trusting everything to you mortals. I need you to return that trust.

Charter gripped the gate bars and thought about his little sister, and how she had just came to the guild, so hopeful and wanting to see the world at a young age. He had tears going down his face, not wanting to accept that his sister was dead, but knew there was nothing he could do. “Alright. What would you have me do?” He asked in utter defeat.