X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hideo Kojima continues to be himself, even with Konami fucking him over. Seriously, the curveball - while not quite at the level of MGS2 - is comparable to it.
I just don't get why everyone hates Quiet... she is awesome! And a badass! And... other... things that are NSFW!

PrismaCube

I just don't get why everyone hates Quiet... she is awesome! And a badass! And... other... things that are NSFW!

Oversexualized, I know what they mean, I too hate it when stuff like this happens in games. Do not get me wrong I do enjoy 3D/2D game boobs and such things once in a while. But when it comes to MMORPG's for example I often play a female tank. I would love to look like one too, but most of the time I have less armour on then if I were in my underwear but I can tank a hell of a lot. Pure fan service. (And that coming from me who defends anime fan service such as Highschool DxD :3 ) So I can understand that Quite is just oversexualized when she is a assassin or sniper or something like that? (Sorry have never played MGS, only the first one.)

Saying that I never continued playing the MGS franchise after the very first one, which I loved...but is it really all the hype worth?

BMPixy

Because the justification for the fanservice is absolute shit, and people get riled up over it. ('I breathe through my skin!' Then why do you wear skin-tight leggings?) Plus she can break the game a wee bit.

Oversexualized, I know what they mean, I too hate it when stuff like this happens in games. Do not get me wrong I do enjoy 3D/2D game boobs and such things once in a while. But when it comes to MMORPG's for example I often play a female tank. I would love to look like one too, but most of the time I have less armour on then if I were in my underwear but I can tank a hell of a lot. Pure fan service. (And that coming from me who defends anime fan service such as Highschool DxD :3 ) So I can understand that Quite is just oversexualized when she is a assassin or sniper or something like that? (Sorry have never played MGS, only the first one.)

Saying that I never continued playing the MGS franchise after the very first one, which I loved...but is it really all the hype worth?

Yes and no. MGS5 is a great game, but it isn't a great Metal Gear game, if you get my point. If you want an interesting, if a little bit convoluted story, pick it up. If you're there for an answer to your questions... well, blame Konami. A whole story chapter was cut, and as such some of the endings seem a bit... forced. For instance, one ending just pops up out of nowhere on your mission list, with no fanfare or reasoning.

PrismaCube

Because the justification for the fanservice is absolute shit, and people get riled up over it. ('I breathe through my skin!' Then why do you wear skin-tight leggings?) Plus she can break the game a wee bit.

Yes and no. MGS5 is a great game, but it isn't a great Metal Gear game, if you get my point. If you want an interesting, if a little bit convoluted story, pick it up. If you're there for an answer to your questions... well, blame Konami. A whole story chapter was cut, and as such some of the endings seem a bit... forced. For instance, one ending just pops up out of nowhere on your mission list, with no fanfare or reasoning.

Ah something I hate, a rushed ending or one that has little to no reason as to why is just not worth my time...Not going to be naming any games here...(looks at ME3)

Frostlich1228

Ah something I hate, a rushed ending or one that has little to no reason as to why is just not worth my time...Not going to be naming any games here...(looks at ME3)

At least they did their best to fix it, that redeemed Bioware in my eyes. It was almost certainly caused by EA telling them to rush it out.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Please enjoy my post, showing that not everyone has the best day. I hope you like the combination of seriousness and comedy, and appreciate the new sneak preview at the end.

Dahlexpert

They should have dropped Multiplayer and focused solely on the Story and Single Player.

While I agree, I did enjoy the Multiplayer if Me3 multiplayer. For one reason to play as the other races, now if they combined the multiplayer with the story that would have made the story more epic in my opinion. But I will agree with frost, the free DLC while it's not the ending we wanted at least they made attempted and gave closure to the ending.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
While I agree, I did enjoy the Multiplayer if Me3 multiplayer. For one reason to play as the other races, now if they combined the multiplayer with the story that would have made the story more epic in my opinion. But I will agree with frost, the free DLC while it's not the ending we wanted at least they made attempted and gave closure to the ending.
Better do right by ME4

BMPixy

Since a curtain anime is mentioned at least once a week, how could I not post this here? You're gonna like this, Gem.

Well, on the bright side, it wasn't Sakuya vs DIO again (seriously that was bullshit, only Stands can harm other Stands, it's one of the basic rules of JJBA).

Still, did like the little RETIRED for DIO after he got hit with the Hokuto no Fuck Off.

Frostlich1228

Well, on the bright side, it wasn't Sakuya vs DIO again (seriously that was bullshit, only Stands can harm other Stands, it's one of the basic rules of JJBA).

Still, did like the little RETIRED for DIO after he got hit with the Hokuto no Fuck Off.

One minute melee doesn't do research, literally, that's their whole thing, I think everyone knows that in an actual fight, Dio would win.

PrismaCube

At least they did their best to fix it, that redeemed Bioware in my eyes. It was almost certainly caused by EA telling them to rush it out.

That might be true, but the damage has been done, however I can not hate Bioware at all because without them I would have never meet the best (my opinion) Sith Lord that has ever existed in the Star Wars Universe. Darth Revan!

DarkGemini24601

Heh. I should watch that now.

IT FINALLY HAPPENED TO ME. The think tank did not update me that people were talking here.